Answers

Awful article with no references.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I am not familiar with the author of this article,
    But this article has no references or scientific citations supporting his conclusions or findings.
    According to him soy is not only not good for you, but downright poisonous. I've never heard of such absolute nonsense. Regardless he certainly has some really strong opinions on soy.
    Maybe soy stole his girlfriend and kicked his dog.
    Peace
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Just because an article has or does not have references or scientific citations, does not mean it is legit or not. This is an article for the Huffington posts; ergo, there will be no citations.

Also, if you do not know the evils of soy, then you have your heads in the ground. Soy is not good for you, despite what you cats think you no.

No citation needed.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I went soy crazy about 6mths ago. All I used for my protein, minerals and vitamins was anything soy I could get my hands on. I wanted to truly find out if soy was bad or good
    so I stopped all meat, dairy, etc.. anything that would interfere with results and got
    all my protein from soy alone. I used tons of Edamame, Soy nuts, Soy milk, Soy Isolate Powder, Soy meat, etc.. I felt better than ever but I couldn't gain muscle..lost over 20lbs, was down 179lbs so I gave it up.. now back to my regular diet I'm back to 195-202lbs in less than few mth's. Soy made me feel the best ever and weight loss was simple but that's
    not what i wanted...but all in all I'd say it does block nutrients or something from being absorbed ..its too bad... Edamame was the bomb!
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I still don't get why anyone eats or drinks that crap. Seriously. I do not care if all these points are correct or not. Soy will never be part of my diet. There is no use for it for a grown man or a woman. Unfortunately, everyone tries to slip this garbage into all products made outside of my kitchen to bump up the 'protein' content or preserve moisture. It is abused as much as freaking corn!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Just because an article has or does not have references or scientific citations, does not mean it is legit or not. This is an article for the Huffington posts; ergo, there will be no citations.

Also, if you do not know the evils of soy, then you have your heads in the ground. Soy is not good for you, despite what you cats think you no.

No citation needed.
    I know the difference between no and know.
    Peace
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post

I know the difference between no and know.
    Peace
    Heh. .
    for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come 1 Tim 4:8
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

You should diversify your protein sources and soy is by no means NEEDED in one's diet. It appears to not be as good for MPS as some sources like whey, casein, chicken, etc. Nonetheless, it is a cheap and relatively carb/fat free source of protein that you can utilize in your diet. With whey and food in general skyrocketing in price, don't rule out every soy containing product that you see. There are no legitimate health risks. A study was performed on grown men and there were no changes in sex hormones when the men's ENTIRE protein source was soy vs not soy.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

One day siting in one of my courses at school. A women gave her speech on the benefits of breast feeding and then went on to discuss formula. She said that they do not recommend giving boys soy formula for the reason of estrogen. That was a shock to me because she wasn't trying to sell me protein powder. She was talking about an infant boys health
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Are the Evil Health Risk of Banned Drugs Real?
    By ILiftBig in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM
  2. Unknown Health Risks of Inhaled Insulin - II
    By strategicmove in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 06:02 AM
  3. Unknown Health Risks of Inhaled Insulin - I
    By strategicmove in forum Supplements
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 05:59 AM
  4. More Risks of Too Much Sodium