Article: Gain Muscle While Losing Fat

1. Registered User

Article: Gain Muscle While Losing Fat

2. Registered User

that looks awful!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.

Why's allot of these articles so over-the-top? .. The majority don't even know 1/10th of all this and the 100's of thousands of routines mentioned. Amazing effort I'm sure, but for the general public - please keep it simple and explain circuits, splits, etc ... the ez stuff I still don't even understand.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  160 lbs.

I agree...

Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    Why's allot of these articles so over-the-top? .. The majority don't even know 1/10th of all this and the 100's of thousands of routines mentioned. Amazing effort I'm sure, but for the general public - please keep it simple and explain circuits, splits, etc ... the ez stuff I still don't even understand.
    I agree, that does look pretty brutal! Overall i like the article and the workout; im considering giving it a go. But that is alot work! Im no expert at any of this, but i have read all the books, magizines, etc. and talked to some trainers. And i have always recieved the impression that your workout should be kept under an hour? This doesnt look possible here. Some of these exercises i have never heard of. I would like to see a little more explanation on how to perform them.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Sometimes I feel like I need to be a Dr to read half these articles! This whole thing can be summed up much easier: lift big and with high intensity! If your not working hard, you're not going to get results.....and ease up on the cheeseburgers, fatty!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Does anyone else find it funny the picture for the article is 2 fat offensive linemen?
  7. Registered User

Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    I agree..

But this training is the GBC workout recomended by Poliquin in one of his books. You don't need fancy exercises, just compound movements with low reps, low resting beetween sets and high volume (you can add some one joint exercises also when 10-12 reps are prescribed)
  8. Registered User

I don't think it's complicated, I just think it's confusing because there are so many contradictions and vague hypotheses stated as "facts" when they are not. Terms are used incorrectly, the reader is asked to take huge leaps of faith........ with all due respect to the author I think it's a good idea if your going to write an article to bring something of your own. A slant. Something new and different. And I don't think that it helps anybody to remind themselves when the going gets tough that they can't quit now because what if their blood doesn't get acidic enough and they don't spew forth huge amounts pf endogenous human growth hormone thus saturating their systems with it and suppressing Myostatin which is of course crucial to causing a change in their body composition because Myostatin increases "Androgen receptor expression......." I don't know, maybe it's just me but I believe anything can be abused, even "cut 'n' paste." Again not a stab at the author, just the article.
    Last edited by Evan Bageris; 08-24-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Thought it might be too mean
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

This workout is a short cut to overtraining.
    Full body workouts 2 days in the row; multiple sets; no rest btw sets;
    7-10 exercises. It is NOT a ( quote ) "..brief workout..." Also, 10-12 reps is NOT in a Strength range, as it is stated in the article as a major point.
    I like Chad Waterburry and Marc Perry's "Fat loss workouts".
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:39 PM
  2. keep/add muscle while losing fat
    By ninjahuber04 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
  3. Gaining muscle while losing fat
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 11:12 PM