Article: Warrior Cardio

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Warrior Cardio

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds awesome I will try the first one soon as for the Doubler I have a week dedicated to this already every other month on average
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

I like the Doubler. I'm too small for the terrible 275... Sad face. :(
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

You left out an important part of the marathon story: Pheidippides had run 150 miles in the 2 days leading up a battle, FOUGHT in the battle, and then after the army's victory he ran the 26 miles to Athens to tell the citizenry that their army was victorious so that the defeated Persian army could not simply sail to Athens ahead of the Greek army and convince the city that the Greeks had lost.

Also, your argument against running as a fitness activity is based on a false pretense. For the same reason that the bench press has a bad reputation (people with bad form hurting themselves) despite being an excellent lift, you can't say that running is not useful to the average person's fitness simply because a lot of people do it wrong. Cardiovascular fitness is important in every major sport, and while running may not build a great deal of muscle, holding a 6 minute mile pace for an hour will burn you about 900 calories, depending on how much of you there is to carry. Hell, the earliest form of hunting performed by humans was chasing animals until the keeled over from the heat (our sweat glands make us more efficient at venting excess heat than other mammals).

TL:DR It's fine if you hate something, but you just look silly when you don't understand the thing you hate.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by DanielRM View Post
    You left out an important part of the marathon story: Pheidippides had run 150 miles in the 2 days leading up a battle, FOUGHT in the battle, and then after the army's victory he ran the 26 miles to Athens to tell the citizenry that their army was victorious so that the defeated Persian army could not simply sail to Athens ahead of the Greek army and convince the city that the Greeks had lost.

Also, your argument against running as a fitness activity is based on a false pretense. For the same reason that the bench press has a bad reputation (people with bad form hurting themselves) despite being an excellent lift, you can't say that running is not useful to the average person's fitness simply because a lot of people do it wrong. Cardiovascular fitness is important in every major sport, and while running may not build a great deal of muscle, holding a 6 minute mile pace for an hour will burn you about 900 calories, depending on how much of you there is to carry. Hell, the earliest form of hunting performed by humans was chasing animals until the keeled over from the heat (our sweat glands make us more efficient at venting excess heat than other mammals).

TL:DR It's fine if you hate something, but you just look silly when you don't understand the thing you hate.
    bla bla
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Agreed edje
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Ok we have a olympic sprinter and a marathon runner which one will you want to be?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by vbadboy_666 View Post

Ok we have a olympic sprinter and a marathon runner which one will you want to be?
    If they both make it to London, it's a toss-up.
    Let's not loose the real point of a good article behind mindless marathon bashing: says an elite level distance runner AND avid lifter.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

My favorite observation "Did you ever notice most "joggers" tend to look the same? They're either skinny and weak, or completely overweight and injured." That's just 100% truth no if's and's or buts about it... Anytime I incorporated long distance running in my Weight training programs I have almost immediately observed a loss of strength and size.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Good ideas ... I run/bike as a rule but I've never had it impact my strength only size
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    bla bla
    This site is called "Anabolic MINDS". Maybe that's a part of your body that could use some more exercise.

Ok we have a Olympic sprinter and a marathon runner which one will you want to be?
    Considering that sprinters peak in their early 20s (a time I am already past) and that marathoners are able to remain competitive long past then (Meb Keflezighi, the winner of the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials, is 37) I'm pretty sure I would choose to be a marathoner.

For those of you praising this article, you should really consider the fact that has no scientific data, no list of references, and based on the final sentence, is really just an advertisement for the author's book.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Answers

This site is called "Anabolic MINDS". Maybe that's a part of your body that could use some more exercise.

Considering that sprinters peak in their early 20s (a time I am already past) and that marathoners are able to remain competitive long past then (Meb Keflezighi, the winner of the 2012 US Olympic Marathon Trials, is 37) I'm pretty sure I would choose to be a marathoner.

For those of you praising this article, you should really consider the fact that has no scientific data, no list of references, and based on the final sentence, is really just an advertisement for the author's book.
    bla bla.....up yours
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Good ideas ... I run/bike as a rule but I've never had it impact my strength only size
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    bla bla.....up yours
    I'd give this a 1/10. If you're this bad at trolling, maybe you should head over to Pinterest where your targets are a little bit easier.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

When ever my clients or people that i have seen run long distance will always be a lot more prone to injuries like ankle or knee and sometimes lowerback now i know its because muscle imbalance and bad posture mostly but when i tell them or force them to stop they are healed within months no more pain or fatigue by thousands or countinuous steps/reps. Its just bad for your joints. And i am talking about elite athletes here i wont recemmend anyone long distance slow jog/run unless he/ she is a compatitive long distance runner. Most people dont understand that when doing speed and agility work the power and force generated by body is much higher the metabolic effect is on a whole new level. In most sport enviroment there is no place for long running its not practical. Now if you really wana run find a hill and run up the hill now graviry is your new enemy. Even i do it once or twice a month just for fun sake.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

And i used to run 4 to 5 miles almost everyday so i have great personal experince. The article has some good basic ideas if somebody had showed me this article 5year back my views would have been the same as yours are now.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Haha! Thank you.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

275 is an easy deadlift for most but I think it's probably out of reach on the bench for beginners. Anyone who can bench 275 probably has enough training to have their own opinions about cardio, running etc, and IMO, they're entitled to them by that point.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

275 bench and dead sure... But plus 75 to dip and chins??? Fuark!!

Watching the Olympics now and most of those sprinters and pretty jacked, but big quads def make you faster. Now most of the marathon runnings I've seen do look pretty frail. But to each there own. I prefer boxing for my cardio.
    “To be stronger tomorrow than I am today…”
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I bet if I looked I could find a dozen articles written for Iron Man competitors that say exactly the opposite: big muscles won't help you win a marathon, 100 km bike, & 10 km swim race. And it would be true. Point being, there's more to being strong than looking strong. I think the previous comment that said the author is just trying to sell his book are probably accurate. It's a totally biased article, not even close to being factual IMO.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Name me one MMA fighter that run long distance? And tell me dont they look strong? Aren't they strong well yeap as strong as they come.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Name me one MMA fighter that run long distance? And tell me dont they look strong? Aren't they strong well yeap as strong as they come.
    "As strong as they come". What does that mean? AFAIK Benedict Magnassun is the world's strongest man, but I bet he'd get his ass handed to him by a reasonably good amateur fighter. Does that mean he's not the strongest? Yes it does, if you think the strongest person is the best fighter.

There's lots of ways to be strong. By all means pick your area and develop it to the fullest, but don't make the mistake of thinking it's better than someone else's version.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Repost of an ALA article I found
    By Matthew D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 01:12 AM
  2. Post Cardio Nutrition ?
    By R.I.C. in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 11:19 PM
  3. An interesting news article...
    By Sean in forum Anabolics