Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Answers

It's always helped me!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

This is a bunch of garbage. It's simple pharmacology, it metabolizes into phenylalanine, aspartate, and methanol. The first two are just amino acids and while methanol could be worrisome, extravagant quantities would be necessary.

The study everyone hails as proof that diet soda is bad is fundamentally flawed as it is correlation based and has no control. There were three groups: no soda, diet soda, and regular soda. The order I named them is the order from lowest weight to highest weight. In other words, people drinking diet soda are typically consuming fewer calories than those that drink sugary soda. Why is no soda "better"? Because people with the will to abstain from soda are much more likely to stay away from ALL sweets.

Have your artificial sweeteners and diet beverages, just be smart and don't overeat other **** to compensate.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.
    Answers

The amount of misinformation available to the public is staggering:

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    The amount of misinformation available to the public is staggering:

You're missing well over 15 years' worth of studies.

There's no denying that Monsanto/Searle employs some troubling business tactics, but the truth is that the stuff is safe.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post

You're missing well over 15 years' worth of studies.

There's no denying that Monsanto/Searle employs some troubling business tactics, but the truth is that the stuff is safe.
    I'll choose not to drink it. Everyone is always saying hey....a little aspartame won't kill you. Well what about a little BPA a little fluoride,a little mercury, a little pthalates, some parabens, some tastey gmo food,some foods soaked in herbicides pesticides and fungicides, a little meat with some antibiotics and hormones, a little birth control and pharmaceutical residue in your water, a little aspartame, some Teflon toxins in your food....all this compounded severely taxes the liver and makes a mess for our cells. No thanks.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Until they deem that diet soda actually causes weight-gain or health issues by something other than "making you crave sweets," I don't care. Granted, I rarely drink anything other than water, but that logic is horrible. That's like saying that people who hunt are more likely to be serial killers because the hunting caused them to crave killing living things. Stupid.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.
    Answers

I don't think there is a direct correlation between aspartame and weight gain. People who consume the most aspartame most likely consume the most of eveything else as well. People probably also think they can eat more bad stuff to compensate for their soda being diet. To say it is the 'cause' is like saying that it tends to be hotter in places where people eat the most ice cream and also where crime retes are the highest so therefore ice cream causes crime. May be something to it but I drink diet soda everyday and I have 8% body fat and overall am in good health..
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Kelly, can get those 5 minutes back please! What is the point of this? I'll summarize everything for you, "Remember the good ole days when we ate what we wanted."
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I'll choose not to drink it. Everyone is always saying hey....a little aspartame won't kill you. Well what about a little BPA a little fluoride,a little mercury, a little pthalates, some parabens, some tastey gmo food,some foods soaked in herbicides pesticides and fungicides, a little meat with some antibiotics and hormones, a little birth control and pharmaceutical residue in your water, a little aspartame, some Teflon toxins in your food....all this compounded severely taxes the liver and makes a mess for our cells. No thanks.
    +1 for common sense that's not so common
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    +1 for common sense that's not so common
    Thanks man. the cure for cancer is eliminating these toxins not some pill you can pop.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed to fightbackhxc ... Better to stay away from this crap altogether and you wont have to care about some study. These days the companies that make our foods are no longer local farms, they are multilibillion dollar corporations and factories... Tomatoes grow under artificial light injected with "enhancers" and as a result you get a tomato the size of a cantelope to gain a heftier pricetag at the checkout stand... Chickens crammed into dark rooms by the thousands injected with hormones, I have read this stresses the animals out causing them to release toxins into their cells which we will later ingest... Who's to say this crap is being manufactured in China like everything else then slap slap some homestyle warm & fuzzy looking label on the product and ship it off... My goal is to find local farms (which are plentiful in the midwest) and stay the hell away from a label that has all kinds of S@##%t that sounds like it is synthesized in a lab just to conserve shelf age.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Controversial Teen Steroid Article
    By redline2101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM
  2. Repost of an ALA article I found
    By Matthew D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 01:12 AM
  3. An interesting news article...
    By Sean in forum Anabolics