Article: Eating Window Affects Obesity

  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,253
    Answers
    0

    Article: Eating Window Affects Obesity



  2. Registered User
    wtmdcg91's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    137
    Answers
    0

    Hmmmmmm they may be something to this!!
  3. Registered User
    jkahn923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5
    Answers
    0

    leangains. If you havent read up on it, your out of the loop. It works!! I do it and so do the people I turn on to it and it works for almost every single person in terms of both muscle growth and fat loss.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    I've been doing a lot, a lot, a lot of research and reading about IF protocols along with setting it up myself. 2 reasons: 1) it does make sense 2) my work life makes the whole "2-3 hour" business nearly impossible... which I also think is bogus (especially now).

    Lyle McDonald co-authored LeanGains. If Lyle McDonald says it works... by God, it works.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  5. Registered User
    ballerj63's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69
    Answers
    0

    Good ****. IF is the way to go
  6. Registered User
    wtmdcg91's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    137
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by jkahn923 View Post
    leangains. If you havent read up on it, your out of the loop. It works!! I do it and so do the people I turn on to it and it works for almost every single person in terms of both muscle growth and fat loss.
    I don't think i am out of the loop... A lot of stuff come up and it takes time to explore and see if it works for you cause we all different and that is a great thing! Some fasting i already do and it works to a certain extend Like with everything the body gets accustomed and then that great thing don't work anymore .... so i take everything with a grain of salt..........
  7. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by wtmdcg91 View Post

    I don't think i am out of the loop... A lot of stuff come up and it takes time to explore and see if it works for you cause we all different and that is a great thing! Some fasting i already do and it works to a certain extend Like with everything the body gets accustomed and then that great thing don't work anymore .... so i take everything with a grain of salt..........
    The body develops an immunity to the way we eat. You can't stay on a single diet and expect amazing results the rest of your life. Tricking the body is how you make the big shifts. Therefore doing some form of fasting can eventuality plateau as much as any other.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Registered User
    clarkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35
    Answers
    0

    Would it be beneficial to take in some BCAAs during that 16 hour fasting time? Or could that decrease the nutrient absorbing of the meals during the non-fasting time?
  9. Registered User
    Dorean's Avatar
    Stats
    4'11"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    21
    Answers
    0

    This is great information. I'm not a breakfast person anyway, and since you do most of your fasting during the night when you sleep...this is a great idea for me!!
  10. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    If you intnd to train in a fasted state its almost imperativeyou take in, as per LeanGains, 10g BCAA's prior to a workout. Other than that this is where Im gonna say its trial and error. I highly doubt a dose of aminos is gonna affect insulin sensitivity later when breaking fast. A lot of this is hormonal inductions for catacholamines, IGF, and insulin.

    Theres a really good article somewhere around here on the cortisol/insulin fiasco that happens via breakfast. I start work at 6AM and wont break fast until 4PM when I get home. Made life a lot easier. I do take in about 6g beef aminos around 12 though.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  11. Registered User
    ballerj63's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    If you intnd to train in a fasted state its almost imperativeyou take in, as per LeanGains, 10g BCAA's prior to a workout. Other than that this is where Im gonna say its trial and error. I highly doubt a dose of aminos is gonna affect insulin sensitivity later when breaking fast. A lot of this is hormonal inductions for catacholamines, IGF, and insulin.

    Theres a really good article somewhere around here on the cortisol/insulin fiasco that happens via breakfast. I start work at 6AM and wont break fast until 4PM when I get home. Made life a lot easier. I do take in about 6g beef aminos around 12 though.
    I take bcaa's when training fasted. It seems to help. Only problem is I like to train with a lot of volume, and my performance when training is suffering. I guess I might have to cut a few sets...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Interesting article about how much food the avg. American eats yearly.
    By D2footballjrc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
  2. looking for journal articles on childhood/adolescent obesity
    By ozarkaBRAND in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 08:22 AM
  3. Studies: What you eat, weigh can affect brain health
    By Dwight Schrute in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
  4. Eating!
    By dg806 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2002, 04:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in