Article: Protein Loading

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,243
    Answers
    0

    Article: Protein Loading



  2. Registered User
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Answers
    0

    Who's gonna log it?
  3. Registered User
    ppoci's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0

    So what frequency could one employ this method, and respond effectively each time with pounds of more muscle. Are there any documented cases?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,392
    Answers
    1

    Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Who's gonna log it?
    May try it on my next cycle... sounds interesting at least
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  5. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,230
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Who's gonna log it?
    Yeh. Has any one every tried this. Sound pretty insane. I want this tested.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  6. Registered User
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,230
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Who's gonna log it?
    Yeh. Has any one every tried this. Sound pretty insane. I want this tested.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  7. Registered User
    ToNNNNyT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    85
    Answers
    0

    -How much muscle are we talking here?
    -How often could you do this? I mean surely their is a point of diminishing returns.
    -Any examples of people doing it?

    Also on the fruit day it seems like you would take in ALOT of sugar as well.
  8. Registered User
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Answers
    0

    I'm on a strict recomp or I'd try it myself. If anyone decides to try this and log it, please post link to said log here in this thread. I'm sure it would get a lot of attention and reps for anyone who follows it all the way through (especially with pics for proof).
    :blindfold:
  9. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    theoretically, i can see some premise here to short-term composition changes..
    however - just as carb-loading after restrictive period is temporary and illusory, so too would this end result be.

    bottom line: YOU CANNOT ADD 4-5lbs OF FRESH NEW MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS.
    PERIOD.
    now way, no how.
  10. Registered User
    CSOleson's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    theoretically, i can see some premise here to short-term composition changes..
    however - just as carb-loading after restrictive period is temporary and illusory, so too would this end result be.

    bottom line: YOU CANNOT ADD 4-5lbs OF FRESH NEW MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS.
    PERIOD.
    now way, no how.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Plus, the bodies ability to add that much muscle in 10 days is pretty much impossible. I'd love to see someone log this and find out the truth and how each body type actually reacts to this.
  11. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    I've read a few peer reviewed articles on the subject of free amino acids, 100% of which were shared on AM either by Judo or Zir. So consider them the authorities. From what I read, this looks totally unsubstantiated - the main reason is that the free amino acid pool is more or less constant, and whenever the body needs to refresh this it catabolizes muscle. So, perhaps you're adding 5lbs of muscle in 10 days, but you also lost 5lbs of muscle in that same 10days as well, equaling to probably about 0 net gains.

    To be fair, there is a somewhat similar concept which I thought the author was going to talk about dealing with protein sensitivity. Now I have no real concept about this, and I'm sure this is a problem for about a max of 3 active members of AM, which deals with the body's insensitivity to protein. Apparently if you're on gear for so long and eating high protein (1.5-2g/lb) year after year your body's reaction to eating protein (mTOR phosphorylation and subsequent protein synthesis) is diminished. Apparently there's a protocol to address this that involves protein deprivation, although you eat a normal amount of calories and you supplement with something like threonine or theobromine (I don't recall which) for about a week, and you can restore protein sensitivity. I don't recall the protocol that well but it's used by a circle of pro nutritionist on their 250-300lb 8%bf clients.
  12. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    the free amino acid pool is more or less constant, and whenever the body needs to refresh this it catabolizes muscle.
    in the absence of other nutrients and caloric sustenance, yes...
    when other macros are in abundance, muscle breakdown for aminos is extremely minute over such a short timespan, if at all.

    So, perhaps you're adding 5lbs of muscle in 10 days, but you also lost 5lbs of muscle in that same 10days as well, equaling to probably about 0 net gains.
    :)
    i think the whole idea of "adding muscle" is not well-understood, as a whole and generally speaking.
    and, i do not pick on you, but - that comment was indicative of the general lack of understanding on how we build muscle, and how hard it TRULY is to add to muscle tissue (not talking glycogen/water etc storage in the body, that gives the APPEARANCE of muscle growth to the inexperienced layman).
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  13. Registered User
    aLinux's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    42
    Posts
    108
    Answers
    0

    Amazing article ! Been waiting for somebody to write about this. Well done :35:
  14. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    in the absence of other nutrients and caloric sustenance, yes...
    when other macros are in abundance, muscle breakdown for aminos is extremely minute over such a short timespan, if at all.


    :)
    i think the whole idea of "adding muscle" is not well-understood, as a whole and generally speaking.
    and, i do not pick on you, but - that comment was indicative of the general lack of understanding on how we build muscle, and how hard it TRULY is to add to muscle tissue (not talking glycogen/water etc storage in the body, that gives the APPEARANCE of muscle growth to the inexperienced layman).
    Agreed.
  15. Registered User
    Callejul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    149
    Answers
    0

    Is it weird that I have tried this? Not entirely like this but I found if I go one or two days without huge amounts of protein ( small amounts ex 50-100 grams of protein a day.) And then the next day I eat normally, I feel better, stronger, faster. I sometimes just fast one day a week and next day hard and heavy bench pressing with lots of protein. Maybe there is no science to this but I have tried a version of this and I feel it helps a lot.
  16. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Callejul View Post
    Maybe there is no science to this but I have tried a version of this and I feel it helps a lot.
    there is indeed science, in regards to drastic shifting of macronutrients and effect on body (not just composition)..
    i am a huge fan of playing with diet, and as well with nutrient timing (wanna start a guaranteed argument?? just mention "nutrient timing" on some forums and see what happens :p)..

    what i have a problem with here, is stating that ANY macro/caloric shifts -- or even black magic vodoo -- are going to add "5lbs of fresh, new muscle", in a ridiculous timespan of 10 days.

    this kind of hyperbole will make even the most basic of sound principles and philosophies, seem foolish.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  17. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    there is indeed science, in regards to drastic shifting of macronutrients and effect on body (not just composition)..
    i am a huge fan of playing with diet, and as well with nutrient timing (wanna start a guaranteed argument?? just mention "nutrient timing" on some forums and see what happens :p)..
    As am I. I think many here dont fool around much with nutrient timing since so many are currently following an IF protocol. I don't know how much you've read on IF, but it increases insulin sensitivity which will make nutrient timing a little less effective (not to mention your eating window is normally much smaller than it is with other diets).
  18. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    I'm gonna try this
  19. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    As am I. I think many here dont fool around much with nutrient timing since so many are currently following an IF protocol. I don't know how much you've read on IF, but it increases insulin sensitivity which will make nutrient timing a little less effective (not to mention your eating window is normally much smaller than it is with other diets).
    yeah this site has always been pretty receptive to ideas, and not judgemental as some sites can seem to be.
    there are some forums where ppl will get nasty and downright offensive over the NT ideologies..crazy.

    on the flip side (and i'll practice my acceptance here too) -- i personally am not a fan of IF. i know a lot of ppl are HUGE fans and swear by it, and i think that's great, cuz ultimately there are many paths that lead to Rome. we all can find different ways of going about things, and some may work better than others for some, while the same will not work for some others........

    diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.

    (just don't tell me you are gaining 5lbs of muscle in 10 days, or losing 8% bf in 20 days, or any other such nonsensical fairy tale)
    :lol:
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  20. Registered User
    16dawg23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Answers
    0

    come on !!!!


    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah this site has always been pretty receptive to ideas, and not judgemental as some sites can seem to be.
    there are some forums where ppl will get nasty and downright offensive over the NT ideologies..crazy.

    on the flip side (and i'll practice my acceptance here too) -- i personally am not a fan of IF. i know a lot of ppl are HUGE fans and swear by it, and i think that's great, cuz ultimately there are many paths that lead to Rome. we all can find different ways of going about things, and some may work better than others for some, while the same will not work for some others........

    diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.

    (just don't tell me you are gaining 5lbs of muscle in 10 days, or losing 8% bf in 20 days, or any other such nonsensical fairy tale)
    :lol:
    there might be some good info there BUT!!!!YOU CAN NOT GAIN 4-5 LBS OF MUSCLE IN A FEW DAYS!!! YOU CANT GAIN 1LB OF MUSCLE IN A FEW DAYS. THE BODY JUST CAN'T DO IT!! WHEN I HEAR **** LIKE THAT IF FEEL INSULTED AND SO SHOULD ANYONE THE READS **** LIKE THAT.....ANABOLIC MIND SHOULD'NT LET THAT TRASH INFO ON THE SITE
  21. Registered User
    16dawg23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Answers
    0

    YOU CAN'T MAKE 4-5 LBS OF MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS!!! THATS TRASH INFO. YOUR INSULTING EVARYONE THAT READS THAT KIND OF STUFF
  22. Registered User
    superbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0

    Would love to see this logged for 8 to 12 weeks.. I bet u would get amazing body recomp from this..
  23. Registered User
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Answers
    0

    Interesting
  24. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    290
    Answers
    0

    say wwhhhaaatttttt...
    Enticing with the CBL connections... but not hot on the lack of science.

    And 5 lbs of lbm in 10 days? Holy Guacamole.
  25. Registered User
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Answers
    0

    Hmm may try this.. ill post a light if I do
  26. rva
    rva is offline
    Registered User
    rva's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  214 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    54
    Answers
    0

    Note: before I tell you exactly how to do it, please keep in mind that I am not a medical doctor or nutritionist.

    /end article
  27. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by superbot View Post
    Would love to see this logged for 8 to 12 weeks.. I bet u would get amazing body recomp from this..
    i would bet otherwise.

    probable body recomp in the wrong direction, over that long a period.

    :)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  28. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    theoretically, i can see some premise here to short-term composition changes..
    however - just as carb-loading after restrictive period is temporary and illusory, so too would this end result be.

    bottom line: YOU CANNOT ADD 4-5lbs OF FRESH NEW MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS.
    PERIOD.
    now way, no how.
    I've done itů no lie
  29. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Who's gonna log it?
    I'll log it, i've never done one before so i may need some advice, but i'd like to start nxt week!
  30. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    ?
    Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    I've done itů no lie
    you've added 5lbs of new muscle in 10 days eh?

    how long ago was that, from your current weight of 165?
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  31. Registered User
    cabrunner6480's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    65
    Answers
    0

    This sounds like it should be in the Four Hour Body book! Probably, Tim Ferris will add it to later editions as published fact.
  32. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ?

    you've added 5lbs of new muscle in 10 days eh?

    how long ago was that, from your current weight of 165?
    It was last summer, i went from 138 to 150 in about 2 1/2 weeks. Then from 150 to 155 in another week. However, this was first when i learned and applied proper nutrition to my lifting routine so the gains came a lil easier.
  33. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    It was last summer, i went from 138 to 150 in about 2 1/2 weeks. Then from 150 to 155 in another week. However, this was first when i learned and applied proper nutrition to my lifting routine so the gains came a lil easier.
    I also have friend who i put on a meal plan, he put 8 lbs on in just under two weeks, and lost 1% body fat… It's possible, sometimes the human body rises above science. But another factor is that were both under twenty yrs of age.
  34. Registered User
    chipsotoole's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Not a great idea if you are rolling at the time...Protein is key for aas to bind to and add mass..It is also hard on the liver as you reintro proteins on aas at the high levels. I did it when I was all nat. It kinda works and will pop som striations that u will be happy with but aas is the way to go in BB
  35. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,093
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    he put 8 lbs on in just under two weeks, and lost 1% body fat… It's possible
    no.

    sometimes the human body rises above science
    say what

    But another factor is that were both under twenty yrs of age.
    yes, i would say that is the critical factor in this bedtime story, for sure.




    with age and experience comes an understanding that gaining weight /=/ gaining muscle.
    it's simply not that easy..doesn't work like that.
    sorry man -- the body does not rise above certain scientific principles, as you claim. :)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  36. Registered User
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Answers
    0

    Originally Posted by 16dawg23 View Post
    YOU CAN'T MAKE 4-5 LBS OF MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS!!! THATS TRASH INFO. YOUR INSULTING EVARYONE THAT READS THAT KIND OF STUFF

    Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no.

    with age and experience comes an understanding that gaining weight /=/ gaining muscle.
    it's simply not that easy..doesn't work like that.
    sorry man -- the body does not rise above certain scientific principles, as you claim. :)
    I agree with both of you. Never have I never seen anyone gain ONE full pound of MUSCLE in that amount of time .... but with that said. I'd like to see it logged with pics to see the body composition changes, positive or negative.

    Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    I'll log it, i've never done one before so i may need some advice, but i'd like to start nxt week!
    Will you post before/after pics and get a simple Body fat test before/after? Most gyms offer it for free and some charge a small fee.
    :blindfold:
  37. Registered User
    ballerj63's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69
    Answers
    0

    Bull****! No way you can add 5 pounds of pure muscle in 10 days. Not even on the most potent anabolic steroid, and especially on what kind of diet they described in the article. Whoever believes in this **** is an idiot just like the person who wrote this article.
  38. Registered User
    xDANNYx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0

    I don't think I would give this a try if you're 10% and under on BF. Looking forward to this being logged though.
  39. Registered User
    bomcgraw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    217
    Answers
    0

    I gained like 6 pounds in 48 hours once but then I went to the bathroom a couple times and it was gone lol. That was a great Thanksgiving. 5 pounds of muscle? No sir.
  40. Registered User
    MusclestoGo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Will you post before/after pics and get a simple Body fat test before/after? Most gyms offer it for free and some charge a small fee.[/QUOTE]

    Sure, my gym has one of the bf calculators your hold in your hand.. is that good?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Soy Protein Article
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
  2. contreversial article about protein
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
  3. Article: High Protein Diet Curbs Appetite.
    By burnuphard in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:05 PM
  4. great article on myostatin protein (GDF-8)
    By Julien in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in