Article: Protein Loading

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

This sounds like it should be in the Four Hour Body book! Probably, Tim Ferris will add it to later editions as published fact.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ?

you've added 5lbs of new muscle in 10 days eh?

how long ago was that, from your current weight of 165?
    It was last summer, i went from 138 to 150 in about 2 1/2 weeks. Then from 150 to 155 in another week. However, this was first when i learned and applied proper nutrition to my lifting routine so the gains came a lil easier.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Originally Posted by MusclestoGo View Post
    It was last summer, i went from 138 to 150 in about 2 1/2 weeks. Then from 150 to 155 in another week. However, this was first when i learned and applied proper nutrition to my lifting routine so the gains came a lil easier.
    I also have friend who i put on a meal plan, he put 8 lbs on in just under two weeks, and lost 1% body fat… It's possible, sometimes the human body rises above science. But another factor is that were both under twenty yrs of age.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Not a great idea if you are rolling at the time...Protein is key for aas to bind to and add mass..It is also hard on the liver as you reintro proteins on aas at the high levels. I did it when I was all nat. It kinda works and will pop som striations that u will be happy with but aas is the way to go in BB
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

he put 8 lbs on in just under two weeks, and lost 1% body fat… It's possible
    no.

sometimes the human body rises above science
    say what

But another factor is that were both under twenty yrs of age.
    yes, i would say that is the critical factor in this bedtime story, for sure.

with age and experience comes an understanding that gaining weight /=/ gaining muscle.
    it's simply not that easy..doesn't work like that.
    sorry man -- the body does not rise above certain scientific principles, as you claim. :)
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Originally Posted by 16dawg23 View Post
    YOU CAN'T MAKE 4-5 LBS OF MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS!!! THATS TRASH INFO. YOUR INSULTING EVARYONE THAT READS THAT KIND OF STUFF

no.

with age and experience comes an understanding that gaining weight /=/ gaining muscle.
    sorry man -- the body does not rise above certain scientific principles, as you claim. :)
    I agree with both of you. Never have I never seen anyone gain ONE full pound of MUSCLE in that amount of time .... but with that said. I'd like to see it logged with pics to see the body composition changes, positive or negative.

I'll log it, i've never done one before so i may need some advice, but i'd like to start nxt week!
    Will you post before/after pics and get a simple Body fat test before/after? Most gyms offer it for free and some charge a small fee.
    :blindfold:
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Bull****! No way you can add 5 pounds of pure muscle in 10 days. Not even on the most potent anabolic steroid, and especially on what kind of diet they described in the article. Whoever believes in this **** is an idiot just like the person who wrote this article.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

I don't think I would give this a try if you're 10% and under on BF. Looking forward to this being logged though.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I gained like 6 pounds in 48 hours once but then I went to the bathroom a couple times and it was gone lol. That was a great Thanksgiving. 5 pounds of muscle? No sir.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

Will you post before/after pics and get a simple Body fat test before/after? Most gyms offer it for free and some charge a small fee.[/QUOTE]

Sure, my gym has one of the bf calculators your hold in your hand.. is that good?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

no.

yes, i would say that is the critical factor in this bedtime story, for sure.

I do agree with what your saying, and i'm not saying that the weight we put on was all muscle… but bedtime story or not we did, unfortunately all i have to back it up is my word.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  190 lbs.

no, ive never seen one show true BF level.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

theoretically, i can see some premise here to short-term composition changes..
    however - just as carb-loading after restrictive period is temporary and illusory, so too would this end result be.

bottom line: YOU CANNOT ADD 4-5lbs OF FRESH NEW MUSCLE IN 10 DAYS.
    PERIOD.
    now way, no how.
    We can dream though,we can dream
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.

Yea I must say that I agree with 16dawg23 this is ****... like I get the similarities the author is drawing between carb loading and protein loading but it simply does not work like that...your body just burns up carbs for energy or stores it at fat for use later (to simplify a lot) where as protein is what everything in your body is made up of and idk the physiological processes that you body goes through to build muscle or repair bodily damages with protein but I know its way more complex than what it does with carbs....and when you think about it on that level just having your body hang on to a days worth of protein isn't going to make much of a difference at all
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Soy Protein Article
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
  2. contreversial article about protein
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 12:55 PM
  3. Article: High Protein Diet Curbs Appetite.
    By burnuphard in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:05 PM
  4. great article on myostatin protein (GDF-8)
    By Julien in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:06 PM