Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

worthless
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Answers

They were also dehydrated because during Ramadan you cannot drink fluids during the fast. They need to include variables in this crappy article.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Wtf. I had no idea there was such controversy over the word FASTING...the world may never know its meaning lol. Fasting and IF are not the same...period. I also enjoyed the vernacular in the described study where the participants were labeled as "FAT"
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Flawed and inconclusive article.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Registered User
    Answers

6 to 8 hr window daily eating is the best for me.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Jose Antonio should consider requesting a refund from the institution that granted his Ph.D. It seems his primary objective to fasting is that is means different things to different people. He then proceeds to inform his audience as to his own subjective, personal opinion of the definition. Heavy on opinion, light on relevant scientific data. What do the semantics of the term "fasting" have to do with analyzing IF as a useful dieting strategy? Wait for it....... NOTHING!! We all know what IF means in the context of recent fitness trends. However, let me help you, Dr, Antonio, since you seem to be challenged in the your understanding of the English language:

The word "Intermittent" is appended to "Fasting" to differentiate it from "Fasting."

It seems logical the supplement industry is sensing a threat to its business. When people being to realize that 6+ small meals are NOT important in maintaining an optimal metabolism, what will they STOP reaching for? That's right, all those MRP's, protein shakes, and bars that are used to fill in the nutritional gaps while adhering to the 6+ meal recommendation. This has more to do with market share than research, as Jose demonstrated in his nonsensical opinion piece. The title of the article could have been:

Fasting, A Biased Paid Industry Spokespersons Perspective

Look at the bottom of the ISSN website under sponsors. That will tell you all you need to know.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Jose Antonio should consider requesting a refund from the institution that granted his Ph.D. It seems his primary objective to fasting is that is means different things to different people. He then proceeds to inform his audience as to his own subjective, personal opinion of the definition. Heavy on opinion, light on relevant scientific data. What do the semantics of the term "fasting" have to do with analyzing IF as a useful dieting strategy? Wait for it....... NOTHING!! We all know what IF means in the context of recent fitness trends. However, let me help you, Dr, Antonio, since you seem to be challenged in the your understanding of the English language:

The word "Intermittent" is appended to "Fasting" to differentiate it from "Fasting."

It seems logical the supplement industry is sensing a threat to its business. When people being to realize that 6+ small meals are NOT important in maintaining an optimal metabolism, what will they STOP reaching for? That's right, all those MRP's, protein shakes, and bars that are used to fill in the nutritional gaps while adhering to the 6+ meal recommendation. This has more to do with market share than research, as Jose demonstrated in his nonsensical opinion piece. The title of the article could have been:

Fasting, A Biased Paid Industry Spokespersons Perspective
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

so...?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Lol Duh if u don't eat then train you will be weaker. X2 worthless
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    Lol Duh if u don't eat then train you will be weaker. X2 worthless
    not really. you should put into equation the supercompesatory effect of the meal following your fasting state. when you fast for hours, TRAIN FASTED then eat, you partition nutrientes better, you have more insulin sensitivity (so more glucose running to your muscle cells than to your adipocytes), more catecolamine output in the fasted state besides other things
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

I perfer to fast when I sleep, 12 hours a day should be good enough. :P

Eat the other 12.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I perfer to fast when I sleep, 12 hours a day should be good enough. :P

Eat the other 12.
    Hence the term "break-fast". Which, for most people, is somewhere between 8-12 hours. All people, unless you wake to eat midsleep, fast at some point in the course of 24 hours. I agree with blacklines in the thought of 6+ meals a day mantra greatly helps MHP sell protein pudding. I also disagree to say that any fasting protocol research or article is due to industry royalties. Its rare, in any field of study, to find research thats truly funded independently. My hospital received a pretty penny from a certain diagnostics company for our cross-platform research on hematology anaylzers but I believe in the cause and my data - does that mean its not true?
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many meals vs. shakes?
    By AaronJP1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM
  2. 6 smaller meals vs 3 large?
    By Jentry07 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
  3. PWO meal for fasted morning cardio?