Article: Why Does Breakfast Make Some People Hungry?

  1. Registered User
    The Press's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,217
    Rep Power
    3059

    Article: Why Does Breakfast Make Some People Hungry?



  2. Registered User
    anathemax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    LexVegas KY
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    57

    Really, this makes sense. Good read.
  3. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Very cool article
    This explain why for me warrior diet is so easy.
    I have no problem fasting for 20 hours, but when I start to eat then
    I get hungry
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Good stuff, I'll be excited for part II.
  5. Registered User
    mrgeeky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  226 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    37

    ok, I am one of those that if I eat breakfast it starts me off on a feeding frenzy through out the day. It makes me ravenous and the worst part is it leaves me brain dead. Very tired and lethargic.
    I have known for a long time that the "eating breakfast is a main meal of the day" myth needed debunking as it was all lies.
    What you dont state is how and when we should be having our first meal of the day.
    For me Im best with that being lunch time..
    But if body building thats a long time with out the protien I need..
    Answers Please?

    For now Im jsut having a protien shake with raw eggs for breakfast on the odd occassions that I can stomache having breaky.. I find its a matter of trying to find a way to have protien in the lightest form possible so it feels like you are just consuming a drink. ie not a meal..

    I would love to hear your thoughts on how to get protein through out the morning with out eating though..

    cheers for the brilliant article..
  6. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Originally Posted by mrgeeky View Post
    ok, I am one of those that if I eat breakfast it starts me off on a feeding frenzy through out the day. It makes me ravenous and the worst part is it leaves me brain dead. Very tired and lethargic.
    I have known for a long time that the "eating breakfast is a main meal of the day" myth needed debunking as it was all lies.
    What you dont state is how and when we should be having our first meal of the day.
    For me Im best with that being lunch time..
    But if body building thats a long time with out the protien I need..
    Answers Please?

    For now Im jsut having a protien shake with raw eggs for breakfast on the odd occassions that I can stomache having breaky.. I find its a matter of trying to find a way to have protien in the lightest form possible so it feels like you are just consuming a drink. ie not a meal..

    I would love to hear your thoughts on how to get protein through out the morning with out eating though..

    cheers for the brilliant article..
    Lol! Raw eggs? d&mn, doin' it rocky style.

    Watch out for that Salmonella!
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  7. Registered User
    GuyverX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Different locations in the TN,AR,MS area
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    1775

    Not sure if it explains my situation but it does make sense.
    If eat within 2 hours of waking I;ll be hungry all day.
    But if I wait like at least 4-5 hours I'm fine.

    Always thought I was just weird.
    And some days as long as my mind is occupied enough, my appetite is nonexistent.

    Might try the leangains intermittent fast pretty soon.
  8. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251875

    Just finished 8 egg whites 2oz chicken with bell peppers, onion, and tomato. Added 1/2 grapefruit and a banana. I am fairly certain ill be hungry in an hour.

    Thanks for posting this, looking forward to the next addition. It's only been recently that I've begun to think that my approaches to breakfast, the concept in its entirety, might be backwards.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  9. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Originally Posted by mrgeeky View Post
    ok, I am one of those that if I eat breakfast it starts me off on a feeding frenzy through out the day. It makes me ravenous and the worst part is it leaves me brain dead. Very tired and lethargic.
    I have known for a long time that the "eating breakfast is a main meal of the day" myth needed debunking as it was all lies.
    What you dont state is how and when we should be having our first meal of the day.
    For me Im best with that being lunch time..
    But if body building thats a long time with out the protien I need..
    Answers Please?

    For now Im jsut having a protien shake with raw eggs for breakfast on the odd occassions that I can stomache having breaky.. I find its a matter of trying to find a way to have protien in the lightest form possible so it feels like you are just consuming a drink. ie not a meal..

    I would love to hear your thoughts on how to get protein through out the morning with out eating though..

    cheers for the brilliant article..
    Long time without protein?
    Why? Do you think you'll go catabolic if you don't down
    protein first thing in the morning? It's bs
    It ain't that easy to go catabolic don't worry.
    You can safely skip breakfast and eat your lunch as first meal
    if that's makes it easier to stick to your diet.
    I fast for 20 hours a day (been doing it for years now)
    I haven't hit a plateau in 8 months, size is increasing
    without affecting BF.
    With that said, if you want to get some protein first thing
    that's what Leucine/EEAs/BCAAs are for. Getting 10/20gr
    in between meals (in your case replacing breakfast) might increase
    protein synthesis
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  10. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251875

    Well. That would certainly make my mornings easier so I can sleep a little longer.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  11. Registered User
    pmdied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    12353

    I typically get up at 6, gym at 7:15 and first meal at 9:30- usually a protein shake with oat powder. I just don't have an appetite when I get up and I've been able to gain/cut as I please. Very good read.
  12. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    I fast for 20 hours a day (been doing it for years now)
    I haven't hit a plateau in 8 months, size is increasing
    without affecting BF.
    D&mn, that's impressive, mind if I ask what size/weight you have put on since starting the regimen?
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  13. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    D&mn, that's impressive, mind if I ask what size/weight you have put on since starting the regimen?
    I've never been after gaining weight, I wouldn't advice that protocol to someone who
    wants to bulk. My goal was/is to keep my BF as is and still gaining lil size,
    and for that, is perfect.

    In the last 6 months tho', I added *inches* everywhere, I don't know wtf is going on but
    I kept getting stronger non-stop, especially my back got so much wider and thicker,
    but my whole body really.
    But my diet hasn't changed, it's my workout that got even crazier..
    To be honest one thing did change in my diet in the past 6 months:
    I used to do 1 refeed/carb-up a week, then my body stopped producing the enzyme
    needed to digest carbs (any) so I stopped the refeed protocol.
    That should've gave me opposite results, instead my body seems to work
    so much better without carbs (granted that the refeed was an experiment, I did it
    only for 10 weeks or so..).

    I'll be posting some new pics soon so to compare with the ones are up now.
    BF was not affected, actually, I'm even a bit drier and more
    vascular thanks to AAv2/Recompadrol stack,
    veins started to pop up on my back, shoulders and traps too even at rest
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  14. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post

    I've never been after gaining weight, I wouldn't advice that protocol to someone who
    wants to bulk. My goal was/is to keep my BF as is and still gaining lil size,
    and for that, is perfect.

    In the last 6 months tho', I added *inches* everywhere, I don't know wtf is going on but
    I kept getting stronger non-stop, especially my back got so much wider and thicker,
    but my whole body really.
    But my diet hasn't changed, it's my workout that got even crazier..
    To be honest one thing did change in my diet in the past 6 months:
    I used to do 1 refeed/carb-up a week, then my body stopped producing the enzyme
    needed to digest carbs (any) so I stopped the refeed protocol.
    That should've gave me opposite results, instead my body seems to work
    so much better without carbs (granted that the refeed was an experiment, I did it
    only for 10 weeks or so..).

    I'll be posting some new pics soon so to compare with the ones are up now.
    BF was not affected, actually, I'm even a bit drier and more
    vascular thanks to AAv2/Recompadrol stack,
    veins started to pop up on my back, shoulders and traps too even at rest
    Interesting about the advancements after discontinuing the refeed. Thanks for the response.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  15. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    Interesting about the advancements after discontinuing the refeed. Thanks for the response.

    No prob, I was surprised as well
    I got some size while I was doing refeeds
    but look was different, same BF but a bit less "sharp"
    Since I stopped not only I kept increasing size but
    body comp improved so much, more vascular, grainy look..
    I feel better too, I used to feel weak the day after,
    which affected my wo for that day, now my energy levels
    are always up and even I keep hitting PR on compound lifts every month
    so much better..
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  16. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post

    No prob, I was surprised as well
    I got some size while I was doing refeeds
    but look was different, same BF but a bit less "sharp"
    Since I stopped not only I kept increasing size but
    body comp improved so much, more vascular, grainy look..
    I feel better too, I used to feel weak the day after,
    which affected my wo for that day, now my energy levels
    are always up and even I keep hitting PR on compound lifts every month
    so much better..
    D&mn, you make the keto diet sound super enticing lol. That said, most of what I've read and experienced says that without a poWO carb source you should be stagnant in gains, if not regressing. How are you keeping up your glycogen stores? According to Kiefer, they should be toast in less than a week of lifting weights without carbs.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  17. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    D&mn, you make the keto diet sound super enticing lol. That said, most of what I've read and experienced says that without a poWO carb source you should be stagnant in gains, if not regressing. How are you keeping up your glycogen stores? According to Kiefer, they should be toast in less than a week of lifting weights without carbs.

    I might be a strange case here, I honestly don't know, but I can tell you that in *my* experience,
    that is bs. Like big time bs.
    I've done postwo carbs for few months years ago (just a bowl of cereals pwo)
    because I didn't know better and because I too was reading stuff like that..
    Not that I was fat by any stretch but definitely not even close to the shape/BF I am now,
    my strength is *doubled* since then and my gains progress exactly the same
    (granted like I mentioned before that I am NOT after major mass gains,
    I don't do bulk, I'm fairly happy with my size and I'm natural anyway so..)

    With my workout intensity (my sessions are at least 3 hours, most of them even longer, right now 7 days a week)
    and DOMS that feel more like actual muscle damages glycogen stores on me are probably toast in 2 days.
    How do I keep 'em up? I have no idea to be honest.. I train, I eat the same things every day, it works.
    I took some experimentation with food, that's for sure.
    Right now if there's a day I feel particularly beat up (deadlift/back thickness/hamstring day is pretty damn heavy..)
    I just eat a lil more of the same stuff and I'm gold.
    A lil more means really a lil, like a 2 eggs omelette or 150gr of greek yogurt on top of my regular day
    I never cheat on my diet, ever. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't remember the last time I did it
    must be few years i think
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  18. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Best of the NorthWest.
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    12239

    Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    I might be a strange case here, I honestly don't know, but I can tell you that in *my* experience,
    that is bs. Like big time bs.
    I've done postwo carbs for few months years ago (just a bowl of cereals pwo)
    because I didn't know better and because I too was reading stuff like that..
    Not that I was fat by any stretch but definitely not even close to the shape/BF I am now,
    my strength is *doubled* since then and my gains progress exactly the same
    (granted like I mentioned before that I am NOT after major mass gains,
    I don't do bulk, I'm fairly happy with my size and I'm natural anyway so..)

    With my workout intensity (my sessions are at least 3 hours, most of them even longer, right now 7 days a week)
    and DOMS that feel more like actual muscle damages glycogen stores on me are probably toast in 2 days.
    How do I keep 'em up? I have no idea to be honest.. I train, I eat the same things every day, it works.
    I took some experimentation with food, that's for sure.
    Right now if there's a day I feel particularly beat up (deadlift/back thickness/hamstring day is pretty damn heavy..)
    I just eat a lil more of the same stuff and I'm gold.
    A lil more means really a lil, like a 2 eggs omelette or 150gr of greek yogurt on top of my regular day
    I never cheat on my diet, ever. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't remember the last time I did it
    must be few years i think
    So... pretty much, AutoKal=superhuman. Lol.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  19. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40540

    Originally Posted by rambofireball View Post
    So... pretty much, AutoKal=superhuman. Lol.

    lol def not, i just think my body worked better with protein and fats to begin with,
    the long term low carb diet made it adapt even more to such regimen, but yeah,
    even in previous conversation with other members here we agreed that the way
    my body works seems at least.. unusual lol
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  20. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York NY
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251875

    Youre a freak of nature.

    And thanks for the convo we had BTW - significant improvement in all life aspects immediately.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. why does AI + test booster make me sweat so much?
    By ponysteak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 12:12 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
  4. Does this make sense?
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:08 PM
  5. Does Cee Make Some Constipated??
    By king1033 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in