Article: Confused About Muscle Confusion?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Confused About Muscle Confusion?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I kind of think this author is a dumbass who got really butthurt after promoting muscle confusion for the longest time, then turned around and tried to redefine it in order to defend his original position as right. Basically, 80% of this article is true (and useful to read), but in the end muscle confusion IS the polar opposite of militant consistency. Somewhere in between you get periodization. There are several plans that do give suggestions on when to stop but call for the athlete or bodybuilder to make the final decision (6 weeks, or 12 weeks, depends on YOU). But all successful programs (and most of the ones you'll ever read about, too) usually have cycles, and such programs are best used when you go through multiple cycles (consistency). And there's a methodology in all such programs, too, which you consistently follow which actually allow for the gains to be reaped. Not approaching lifting with any sort of methodology, i.e. muscle confusion, will lead to failure quickly.

Last point I want to bring up is an early one - "consistency and progressive overload are important components of a strength training program, especially for beginners who haven’t built a foundation yet." Excuse me, but such components are paramount to all strength training programs at ALL levels of development. You cold approach Ed Coan, one of the strongest powerlifters ever, and he could tell you exactly how much he was going to squat in 12 weeks and for how many reps. The same could be said about any elite powerlifter.
  3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Great read
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycling exercises AKA muscle confusion
    By ItsHectic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:44 PM
  2. Rediculous Video on Muscle Confusion
    By shortstop1616 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  3. Confused about weight/muscle gain