1. Registered User
    Answers

Article: Rep Range For Max Growth

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

This goes against max ot.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

doesn't mention anything about tempo.

slowing down negatives would change time under tension...effecting volume
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Answers

^ yep. TUT has become significantly more important to me lately insteand of blasting through a super high rep set.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    ^ yep. TUT has become significantly more important to me lately insteand of blasting through a super high rep set.
    meaning negative resistance?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    doesn't mention anything about tempo.

slowing down negatives would change time under tension...effecting volume
    It was 1 second concentric 1 second eccentric. Set to a metronome for accuracy.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    This goes against max ot.
    I did the 6 month cycle of Max-OT and only built muscle the first 2 months(a measly 1.2 lbs lean mass). Noone is going to continually build muscle lifting in the same rep range the entire time. Max-OT is better for strength than muscle. It doesn't increase glycogen stores as well as conventional BB rep ranges.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I can't believe you just got around to posting this. This is from last year. The long term study was just published, but they used previously untrained subjects. Over 10 weeks 3 sets of 24 reps to failure increased lean mass(measured by MRI) as much as 3 sets of 10 reps to failure, which were double vs 1 set of 10 to failure.
    They need to do a long term study on trained subjects...
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

I tend to believe the study.
    See a lot of BB & pros who lift for a lot of sets/reps. Jason Huh says he doesn't even count reps, Arnold says he doesn't start counting until it starts to hurt, so I guess that means something.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Great thread
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    I did the 6 month cycle of Max-OT and only built muscle the first 2 months(a measly 1.2 lbs lean mass). Noone is going to continually build muscle lifting in the same rep range the entire time. Max-OT is better for strength than muscle. It doesn't increase glycogen stores as well as conventional BB rep ranges.
    I had the best gains from max ot. Principles are simple easily followed and when I first started Max ot my bench was at 140 tops but with max ot I am benching 250 as much as 275.
    I use vitargo for glycogen stores so I am fine.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Subd
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting read.. However, I followed the "Dubrielle effect" workout and did it for a 4 week cycle rather than 3. I used approx 60%-70% 1 rm, I saw both gains in strength and size. This workout uses ladder set and drop sets, equating to some very high volume sets... Probably, 50 or more reps per set/exercise... So bottom line you should still listen and pay attention to what your body is telling you, if it works use it if not scrap it.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I had the best gains from max ot. Principles are simple easily followed and when I first started Max ot my bench was at 140 tops but with max ot I am benching 250 as much as 275.
    I use vitargo for glycogen stores so I am fine.
    It sounds like you weren't even working out before you started Max-OT. You would've made good gains on any program. I was already benching 250 before I started Max-OT(bench 285 now), so there wasn't as much room for improvement for me.
    I've already tried doing 3 weeks of 4 sets with 30% 1rm and made gains the first 2 weeks. Instead of doing whole weeks at 24 reps, I'm going to try these 24 rep sets on my light days using non-linear periodization and see how that works out.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Just cycle high Rep/light wieght and low Rep/heavy. Every couple of months
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Is there a sample workout program with this? I'm thinking of switching over, and am wondering if I can just plug this into my current 4x10 program.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Isn't it important to point out that this study was apparently centered around leg extensions? Conventional lifting knowledge and experience will tell you that bigger muscle groups (i.e., legs) respond better to higher loads. Maybe it's a kind of intuition that comes with experience, but if you've lifted long enough you get a pretty good feel for when you've hit a muscle group effectively.

Sure enough, it will take a lot more reps to feel the same strain on your legs as you feel from bench pressing. Arnold points this out in the New Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding. He of course was picked on for his weak legs, but did manage to get some good size around the 1973 Mr. Olympia (http://www.legendaryfitness.com/as1973MrO.jpg). He said that he found that leg growth required a lot of reps and sets -- up to 20 reps on heavy squats.

Long story short -- this article doesn't go against conventional wisdom, but it's important to remember that there ISN'T a magical formula for reps. The most important components are intensity, time under tension, and the motivation to push your lifts right to your limits.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Originally Posted by smash1904 View Post
    Is there a sample workout program with this? I'm thinking of switching over, and am wondering if I can just plug this into my current 4x10 program.
    Yes, people are having good results by just adding high rep sets at the beginning or end of their current workout. It would be better to use a slower concentric contraction than was used in this study. I just did my light day today with 5s concentric, 1s eccentric, and I don't remember the last time I felt a burn like that. I usually lift as fast as possible on the concentric, but lifting slower causes more lactic acid build up and hgh release.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Well I knew about adding high rep sets at the end of a work out to get muscles fully engorged, but the thought of doing that all the way through the work out intrigues me. And if you would really get the same muscle growth it sounds like a win to me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. M&M Article, Growth Hormone
    By Pound4Pound in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM