5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Guess I'll die a young death or go into some kind of red meat induced coma
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. New Member
    Answers

If i die and they cut me open for the autopsy i want the while room to suddenly smell like steak and the smell of mahogany and leather bound books.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Read it while eating 16oz steak. F*ck yeah!
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by brendan808 View Post
    If i die and they cut me open for the autopsy i want the while room to suddenly smell like steak and the smell of mahogany and leather bound books.
    lol...

Str8 bullshít...

Yeah eat cookies and Oreos instead alon with all fried foods?

I'd rather red meat from my foreman grill.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

How many of those people smoked, drank, were overweight, had unhealthy lifestyles, etc? There's no "control" in that. Sure, someone that's a vegetarian might live longer on average because of statistics, but is that because of their diet or because people that actively choose that diet are (on average) more aware of their health in other aspects as well?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    How many of those people smoked, drank, were overweight, had unhealthy lifestyles, etc? There's no "control" in that. Sure, someone that's a vegetarian might live longer on average because of statistics, but is that because of their diet or because people that actively choose that diet are (on average) more aware of their health in other aspects as well?
    I'd rather die 10 years early than be a vegetarian. No joke.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Turning vegetarian would be like spitting on graves of my ancestors.

This study is a typical example of statisticians failing at "corelation vs causation" clause
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    Turning vegetarian would be like spitting on graves of my ancestors.

This study is a typical example of statisticians failing at "corelation vs causation" clause
    Tell me about it!! My Dad was a butcher. I probably ate my weight in red meat every week from the day I could chew until the day I moved away from home.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    I'd rather die 10 years early than be a vegetarian. No joke.
    My point is that you probably won't die 10 years earlier by eating red meat.
  11. Senior Member
    Answers

If your going to die. At least die happy. Steak Forever
  12. New Member
    Answers

"People who ate more red meat were less physically active and more likely to smoke and had a higher body mass index" this author obviously biased and must not know of Dr. D pasquale or Lyle mcdonald
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.
    Answers

Just goes to show how they tend to cherry pick studies to prove their view
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

this is dumb... end of story... air causes cancer... everything pretty much causes some type of cancer. I think I'll take my risk eatting steak
    I pick things up... and i put em down...
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Guys at Predator Nutrition took time to analyze this study (you can find it on their blog, I couldn't find what is the policy here for posting external links and as domain gets starred out automatically, I assume it's not OK)

Highlights:

"This involved a 61 item food [biennial] questionnaire which asked participants their intake of different food and beverages in the previous year. Over the years the number of foods considered were increased so that eventually up to 166 items were on the questionnaire."

"Population Used – The sample was based overwhelmingly on white, health workers"

"red meat consumption showed an increased risk of ill health or death independent of exercise activity or body mass index, such that just by exercising and not being fat you cannot assume it protects you from the negative effects of red meat according to this study."

"The likely greater health risks associated with processed meats despite similar levels of saturated fat and iron levels was attributed to other components in processed meat, particularly sodium and nitrite levels, with sodium intake linked to elevated blood pressure and nitrite concentrations linked to insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction."

"Until we see a study comparing different cuts of meat and red meat sourced via different sources (grass fed versus can fed for instance) it makes the findings of this study less applicable to those who consume healthier sources of red meat."

"It is hard to argue against the bad results found for processed meats, nor do they constitute a surprise. Having salty, fatty, and processed foods is a bad idea in general "

"Something to note in the study was that exercise patterns were measured based on self-reported hours of physical activity which, for all we know, could mean someone walking along at an easy stroll. "

"Given the fact the vast majority of people in this study would likely be consuming red meat with a high carbohydrate diet it does make the relevance of the results specific to that group. A low carbohydrate diet would be associated with greater ability to utilise the fats in red meat for fuel compared to high red meat consumption with a high carbohydrate diet. Until we see further research in this area, firm conclusions should be avoided."

"Even if we accept the data presented at face value it has to be stressed that correlation equal or equal causation so there is nothing in the study to show a correlation between higher red meat intake and negative health outcomes. "

"the raw data before any statistical manipulation shows that those consuming a moderate amount of red meat as opposed to those consuming the least show the best life expectancy. If we split red meat comsumption into five quintile, those in the third quintile show the best results. Those in the fourth and fifth quintiles showing increased risk of mortality are also the ones with the very poorers lifestyles. The fact that the raw data for deaths per quintile does not match the headlines clearly shows that the impact of lifestyle factors was poorly accounted for."
    Last edited by UKNoko; 03-14-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: removing URL
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

This study was totally done by Chick-Fil-A.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by dewing246 View Post
    This study was totally done by Chick-Fil-A.
    :lol: eat more chiken!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

" they found that each daily increase of three ounces of red meat was associated with a 12 percent greater risk of dying over all"

What nonsense. Last time I checked, the risk of dying was 100%. How can that be increased?

Considering that everyone dies, and nearly everyone eats red meat, I can't see how it would actually be possible to determine a cause and effect relationship between eating red meat and dying. More bunk "science".
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Is Harvard really this stupid? Its because of fat people, duh.

No one bothered to isolate the overweight and obese from the normal weight red meat eaters?
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by _Nomad_ View Post
    Is Harvard really this stupid? Its because of fat people, duh.

No one bothered to isolate the overweight and obese from the normal weight red meat eaters?
    It was based on a group of health workers. How many healthy people do you expect to have there?
    It reminds me when one obese nurse was giving me nutrition advice. It was just hilarious.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Mmmmm....ALL THAT MEAT LQQKs soooooooo GOOOOOOD * :party:
  22. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

It is a observational study meaning it isnt meant to be conclusive i.e they can not determine a causative factor and only can form a hypothesis based on the data. Studies like this start the scientific process and arent necessarily bad. The problem is the media deciding to extrapolate results and move them center stage as talking points.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the meat itself. Rather all the poisons they feed the cows and they use on the meats before sending out to grocery stores. I highly recommend you all make friends with independent farmers and buy their meat.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I do think some health issues are possible with certain things fed to and put inside the cows to make them produce more meat.

However I really doubt red meat + plenty of vegetables + healthy carbs is really going to impact someone's health as bad as say.... fast food and junk food.

They need to stop demonizing meat and put the vlame where it truly lies. People eating too much in general and eating things that are almost 100% artificial with a chemical list to ***** many raw material supplement providers.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

The problem with looking at the question 'does red meat cause health issues?' is, the norm is for people to eat red meat. In other words, the profile of the population that eats red meat is more or less the same as the profile of the population generally. I think it's safe to assume that people who *don't* eat red meat do so for health reasons, which seriously conflates the issue, since, if people are willing to take such a drastic step to care for their health, they likely take a lot of other steps as well, exercise, weight loss, better diet generally and so on. So the question really becomes 'do people who invest energy in caring for their health live longer?', and the answer is of course, yes. However, the decision to not eat red meat isn't necessarily what makes people live longer, it's just part of the current populist view of health, some of which is good and correct, i.e. weight loss & exercise, some of which isn't (high carb diets, no red meat etc). Personally, I doubt the consumption of red meat has a much different health impact than any other kind of meat, in fact I think it's probably a lot better, which is why it's our main source of meat. If chicken or fish were better, then that'd be our main source, but it's not.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Answers

its prolly cuz most red meat is at liek freakin mcdonalds all highly processed "meat patties"...funny i ate this while eating a burger haha.....organic beef ftw!
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by aLinux View Post
    Mmmmm....ALL THAT MEAT LQQKs soooooooo GOOOOOOD * :party:
    Ill agree with that which you stated. However, im in the minority here while I enjoy a decent cut I will not touch red meat point blank period. I haven't eaten any in about 13 months. The crap screws me over big time in the intestines. I have trouble making it through a work day when I eat it. The feeling I get in my stomach is painful and I feel awful when I consume it, though it may taste great. I quit eating it and I've never felt better.

There aren't any other activities that I stopped so it had to be the meat especially since 25 minutes after consuming it I feel like death. Fish, chicken, turkey and protein shakes, staples. F*beef. Im not really caring about the article just my personal take.
  28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

29. Elite Member
    Answers

I'm not ready to give up my Steak!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Says it all
  31. New Member
    Answers

Is chicken considered as red meat?
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.
    Answers

No it isn't
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  33. Elite Member
    Answers

Neither is fish
  34. Elite Member
    Answers

And I believe that Pork is "the other white meat"..lol
  •