Article: Melatonin Post Workout For GH

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Very interesting
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

Going to start this tomorrow, to investigate it is very interesting..
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  177 lbs.

The headline says post-workout. Shouldn't that be pre-workout, according to what's in the article?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  171 lbs.

Diagrams suggest that GH levels are elevated more during the exercise if melatonin is dosed at 5mg or I am being stupid here? That could be beneficial as well(?). Also, somatostatin is lowered more with that dose, which could suggest that elevated GH is secreted for longer.
    I need to read into this study I guess.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html
  6. Registered User

I've takin it both pre and postworkout at varied doses few years back...didn't do much except make my eyes heavy!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.

Subd for latter read looks interesting
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  158 lbs.

This is a very interesting article. For fat burning, I will stack the .5g of melatonin with a fat burner supplement such as Prograde Metabolism and do my cardio on an empty stomach. The cardio should be really effective.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

So which company will be the first to add it to there pre-workout?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

I went and bought some last night since its so cheap, remember you can get a bottle of 180 for about 10 bucks. Well see how it works with Assault, but last night before bed it put my eyes down!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

I just started trying this morning with assault and some coffee pre workout. It's cheap enough that if it does nothing I won't be upset, but the possible boost in gains would be awesome to acheive so easily.

I didn't notice any difference in energy level during my workout at all, BTW. The dose is so low at .5mg it really shouldn't do anything to effect energy and focus.

I was able to add 5lbs to bench this morning and got an extra 1-2 reps all four sets, probably not related to the melatonin but worth noting.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Im a bit confused on the dosing here. THe article mentions doses in increments of 0.1mg. Ive never seen melatonin sold in doses that low. Was it possibly a mistype?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by JReinhal View Post
    Im a bit confused on the dosing here. THe article mentions doses in increments of 0.1mg. Ive never seen melatonin sold in doses that low. Was it possibly a mistype?
    They show in the study that a dose of 0.5mg pre-workout had the best effect on post workout GH levels with increased dosage having a negative effect. I bought 1mg melatonin tablets and just cut in half, they're really easy to find. I would stick to the 0.5mg guideline since in this case higher dose makes lower GH levels than no melatonin at all.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    Diagrams suggest that GH levels are elevated more during the exercise if melatonin is dosed at 5mg or I am being stupid here? That could be beneficial as well(?). Also, somatostatin is lowered more with that dose, which could suggest that elevated GH is secreted for longer.
    I need to read into this study I guess.
    I just reread the article and I see your questioning, and now I'm also confused. Are they stating to take 5 mg preworkout or .5mg which is half of 1mg. (just to clarify :)) Rereading this thru me for a loop. I bought 3 mg pills. Someone slightly more intelligent throw me a bone!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

They show in the study that a dose of 0.5mg pre-workout had the best effect on post workout GH levels with increased dosage having a negative effect. I bought 1mg melatonin tablets and just cut in half, they're really easy to find. I would stick to the 0.5mg guideline since in this case higher dose makes lower GH levels than no melatonin at all.
    Just seen your post my apologizes. Was the original 5 mg mentioned for cardio? Why was it mentioned period... :)
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Good idea. Thanks!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Originally Posted by ReedSkin View Post
    Just seen your post my apologizes. Was the original 5 mg mentioned for cardio? Why was it mentioned period... :)
    Placebo, 5mg and 0.5mg were all in the study with 0.5mg test group showing the biggest delta in GH post workout. Both the placebo and 5mg groups showed little to no spike post workout making 0.5mg the most effective dose. Later in the article they reference another test by Swedish scientists that used a 6mg dose and found that it negatively impacted post workout GH. So 0.5mg is best, 5mg is almost equal in effect to placebo, and >5mg is counter-productive.

Hope this helps!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

Placebo, 5mg and 0.5mg were all in the study with 0.5mg test group showing the biggest delta in GH post workout. Both the placebo and 5mg groups showed little to no spike post workout making 0.5mg the most effective dose. Later in the article they reference another test by Swedish scientists that used a 6mg dose and found that it negatively impacted post workout GH. So 0.5mg is best, 5mg is almost equal in effect to placebo, and >5mg is counter-productive.

Hope this helps!
    Very much so, couldn't see the pictures barely due to being on my phone. Thanks!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.

Tried this 2 days in a row at .5mg, both days 30 mins before the end of my workout I felt so drained I didn't want to even think about my cardio, I do have a head cold and sinuses are acting crazy but I am definitely discontinuing this until my head cold is gone. I usually have enough energy after my workout and cardio to do another workout if I wanted to. I will try again in two weeks.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

So far I've done it before my tuesday workout and this morning with no drowsiness to note. I guess everyone responds to things differently!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pre/post workout nutrition article.
    By SteelEntity in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:25 PM