Article: Carbs For Fat Loss

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post

I'll run the risk of being very unpopular but I truly believe it doesn't change a rat's a## when you eat them...
    Body comp's turnaround is not that fast
    Well I respect your answers cause your avi tells all.

EJ, people like carbs right? Sometimes it's hard to escape...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Well I respect your answers cause your avi tells all.

EJ, people like carbs right? Sometimes it's hard to escape...
    Still what makes you think you burn it off? glycogen reserves are glycogen reserves. If you don't eat the carbs earlier in the day, what you eat later in the day will go primarily towards filling the glycogen reserves. So burning it off or not burning it off is pretty irrelevant.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post

Still what makes you think you burn it off? glycogen reserves are glycogen reserves. If you don't eat the carbs earlier in the day, what you eat later in the day will go primarily towards filling the glycogen reserves. So burning it off or not burning it off is pretty irrelevant.
    Well I never expiremented with it, I am though and I'm just trying to get ideas man, their are many theories.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Sorry if I sounded negative, I was mostly trying to prompt you down the path of thinking about it critically. Your body has the ability to store some amount of excess aminos as muscle, a fairly unlimited amount of fatty acid into fat cells, and a limited amount of glycogen in the glycogen reserves. Your body doesn't respond super rapidly to any of the above, it takes hours to days to make a significant difference. The glycogen reserves are the fastest of them though. And thats sort of why evening carbs make more sense. Your body can go through the day using the glycogen reserves, and then you refill them later in the day. Done the reverse you go through the night with your glycogen reserves low which along with the low physical activity means not much in fatty acids is being released from fat cells. So what fuel is the body more likely to use? Proteins.

The primary scientific evidenc showing morning carbs to be beneficial over later in the day carbs is psychological. People eating a larger amount of carbs in the morning as a dessert (not oatmeal but something sweet) psychologically can easier avoid sweets later in the day as they feel they've already got their "fix" in.

The thing with there being many theories is that most of them have no scientific backing, just the repeated mantra of years of bros saying it.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Sorry if I sounded negative, I was mostly trying to prompt you down the path of thinking about it critically. Your body has the ability to store some amount of excess aminos as muscle, a fairly unlimited amount of fatty acid into fat cells, and a limited amount of glycogen in the glycogen reserves. Your body doesn't respond super rapidly to any of the above, it takes hours to days to make a significant difference. The glycogen reserves are the fastest of them though. And thats sort of why evening carbs make more sense. Your body can go through the day using the glycogen reserves, and then you refill them later in the day. Done the reverse you go through the night with your glycogen reserves low which along with the low physical activity means not much in fatty acids is being released from fat cells. So what fuel is the body more likely to use? Proteins.

The primary scientific evidenc showing morning carbs to be beneficial over later in the day carbs is psychological. People eating a larger amount of carbs in the morning as a dessert (not oatmeal but something sweet) psychologically can easier avoid sweets later in the day as they feel they've already got their "fix" in.

The thing with there being many theories is that most of them have no scientific backing, just the repeated mantra of years of bros saying it.
    Yeah I've heard that too, cake in the AM lol...

So you're saying carbs are better in the night?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yeah I've heard that too, cake in the AM lol...

So you're saying carbs are better in the night?
    science makes it look that way for sure.
    This space for rent

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

that was an interesting study, i havent had sweet potatoes or brown rice or wheat pasta in forever...i beleive carbs are an individual process and more of a mental setback for most
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  8. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    that was an interesting study, i havent had sweet potatoes or brown rice or wheat pasta in forever...i beleive carbs are an individual process and more of a mental setback for most
    What do u mean mental set back?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

What do u mean mental set back?
    basically the average thought process, im a bigger guy for my height and if i tell 5 guys thats carbs arent good after 6pm and to only eat wheat and grains every 3 hours to get as "big" as me i can bet that 4 outa the 5 guys will do it just because i told them to...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  10. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

basically the average thought process, im a bigger guy for my height and if i tell 5 guys thats carbs arent good after 6pm and to only eat wheat and grains every 3 hours to get as "big" as me i can bet that 4 outa the 5 guys will do it just because i told them to...
    lmao...
    Look I'm just trying to figure out what works, and it boils down to trial an errors
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

lmao...
    Look I'm just trying to figure out what works, and it boils down to trial an errors

sort of, and sort of not. The problem with trial and error is you can do the less optimal thing long enough and hard enough, and still seem to get results. So you'd say "it works" because you don't realize how much simpler it might be another way. You can put a screw in to hold two pieces of wood with a hammer, but that doesn't make the hammer the optimal tool for the job.
    This space for rent

12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

sort of, and sort of not. The problem with trial and error is you can do the less optimal thing long enough and hard enough, and still seem to get results. So you'd say "it works" because you don't realize how much simpler it might be another way. You can put a screw in to hold two pieces of wood with a hammer, but that doesn't make the hammer the optimal tool for the job.
    True.
    So how do u use carbs?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Just as a luxury/treat item. Average day is probably under 40g carbs. On a normal day I dont eat anything that the primary source of calories is carbohydrates. Green vegetables, nuts, salad dressings is about all of where they come from.

But then Saturday I had a rough workout plus was moody so I had a whole wheat bagel, later a piece of gingerbread, and a few cookies. And dinner I had some barilla plus pasta. Still probably under 200g for the day
    This space for rent

14. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Do u believe the GI or carbs is important or irrelevant?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Do u believe the GI or carbs is important or irrelevant?
    if you eat lots of carbs (300+ a day) and spread them out, then GI matters. If you eat a small amount of carbs primarily at one or 2 meals then it probably doesn't matter
    This space for rent

16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

I'm sure you guys can understand my confusion.
    I'm trying wrap my head around people and these diets they follow.
    The 40/30/30 diet and low carb.
    Essentially do u think low carb people are losin weight because less calories (less carbs), what would happen if they replaced all those cals with protein and ate the same amount of calories.

I probably sound like a fool, I'm just wondering how one person zone diet can work and a low carb, the only out come can be calories.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm sure you guys can understand my confusion.
    I'm trying wrap my head around people and these diets they follow.
    The 40/30/30 diet and low carb.
    Essentially do u think low carb people are losin weight because less calories (less carbs), what would happen if they replaced all those cals with protein and ate the same amount of calories.

I probably sound like a fool, I'm just wondering how one person zone diet can work and a low carb, the only out come can be calories.
    well, long term, its not that simple. A person who takes in lots of carbs is more likely to be less insulin sensitive. So even at the same calories they are more likely to add fat. So replacing the calories with proteins would still end up with some fat loss.

My average non workout day of eating is around 250g protein, 30-40g carbs, and around 100-120g fats. So calorically its 1000/160/1080. or 45/7/48. Workout days, a little more carbs + protein frequently so more like 275pro/150carb/100fat for 1100/600/900 for 2600 or a 42/23/35.
    This space for rent

18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

well, long term, its not that simple. A person who takes in lots of carbs is more likely to be less insulin sensitive. So even at the same calories they are more likely to add fat. So replacing the calories with proteins would still end up with some fat loss.

My average non workout day of eating is around 250g protein, 30-40g carbs, and around 100-120g fats. So calorically its 1000/160/1080. or 45/7/48. Workout days, a little more carbs + protein frequently so more like 275pro/150carb/100fat for 1100/600/900 for 2600 or a 42/23/35.
    Only way to see what works is experiment I guess.... To be honest I don't want to cut carbs or go low as 50g even or less...
    I do want to stay under 150g though. Just my main focus will be clean carbs....
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Only way to see what works is experiment I guess.... To be honest I don't want to cut carbs or go low as 50g even or less...
    I do want to stay under 150g though. Just my main focus will be clean carbs....
    What I think you'd find is that after you are regularly below 200, and potentially move the carbs to just 1 or 2 meals out of the day

(http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...-way-eat-1082/)

you'll find that going below 50 isn't a big deal anymore. Its generally an insulin sensitivity issue or pattern of high blood sugar that makes you feel like crap when you go too low.
    This space for rent

20. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

What I think you'd find is that after you are regularly below 200, and potentially move the carbs to just 1 or 2 meals out of the day

(http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conte...-way-eat-1082/)

you'll find that going below 50 isn't a big deal anymore. Its generally an insulin sensitivity issue or pattern of high blood sugar that makes you feel like crap when you go too low.
    Guess I'll start their 150g a day :)
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  21. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

From that page you told me to read, it seems to make sense. A lot of people stated no 6 meals a day is not needed. This put the same value on carbs earlier in the day and veggies at night though.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  22. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

From that page you told me to read, it seems to make sense. A lot of people stated no 6 meals a day is not needed. This put the same value on carbs earlier in the day and veggies at night though.
    Meal frequency should change according to your goals, while i still think it has lil impact on body comp,
    if you're bulking probably it's easier and better if you eat more frequently, but when you're trying to cut
    when/how your body is suppose to burn the fat if you constantly feed it? :)
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. carbs better than no carbs for fat loss?
    By rrm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM