Article: 9 Tricks For Getting Ripped

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.

Subd
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

2 things: avoid soy (unlike the article says), and on the same note avoid casein supplements. Those who take casein at night get fatter. It probably has to do with casein being so slow-digesting it interferes with fasting mechanisms of the body, and whereas you are in fact supposed to enter a somewhat fasted state at night, you don't with casein. So don't do this. And that's probably why in the soy study the men got leaner using it over casein. Also, eating organically is not necessary, though I guess it may be optimal. Avoiding processed foods and foods that were fed processed foods (like cows, chicken, pork..) is what you should aim for. Organic foods I'd say would be luxury status. Everything else I more or less agree with.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Yeah, I can't recall the studies off the top of my head, but the cons of soy outweighed the pros.
  5. Registered User

I agree I've heard and read that soy in large amounts can raise estrogen levels in the body. But I was pretty sure the intake had to be substantial.
  6. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Sub for later
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.

Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    2 things: avoid soy (unlike the article says), and on the same note avoid casein supplements. Those who take casein at night get fatter. It probably has to do with casein being so slow-digesting it interferes with fasting mechanisms of the body, and whereas you are in fact supposed to enter a somewhat fasted state at night, you don't with casein. So don't do this. And that's probably why in the soy study the men got leaner using it over casein. Also, eating organically is not necessary, though I guess it may be optimal. Avoiding processed foods and foods that were fed processed foods (like cows, chicken, pork..) is what you should aim for. Organic foods I'd say would be luxury status. Everything else I more or less agree with.
    Any source for your casein theory? First time I heard that
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Originally Posted by analogsubstnz View Post
    I agree I've heard and read that soy in large amounts can raise estrogen levels in the body. But I was pretty sure the intake had to be substantial.
    actually not. Try looking up soy and phytoestrogens. Supposedly the GMO stuff has even more of these phytoestrogens.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

Yeah theres an article in Readers Digest of an Army guy who was a healthbuff. He was ripped but had bitch tits. The end was they foundit was his daily intake of Soy Milk. The soy mimics a female hormone and triggers estrogen.
  10. Registered User

I think we've all heard to stay away from soy, but casein? I too would like a source (like a peer reviewed article as opposed to anecdotal evidence).
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.

Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    Yeah theres an article in Readers Digest of an Army guy who was a healthbuff. He was ripped but had bitch tits. The end was they foundit was his daily intake of Soy Milk. The soy mimics a female hormone and triggers estrogen.
    Ripped freak with bitch tits sounds like poor pct after a cycle/too many cycles, not soy. Just bc they are a health geek doesnt mean they are healthy... You would probably have to drink over a gallon of soy milk a day to change your hormone levels and in the long run your body would probably adapt to it.

IMHO I don't think soy should be avoided like the plague but at the same time I wouldn't supplement it or consume soy milk every day. There are pros and cons to every food, but the more variety you get the more different types of nutrients you get making you healthier.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I wouldn't say organic foods is super critical for getting ripped. It's good to see they mentioned leptin in the article, many people seem to forget the role it plays in getting ripped.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Soy not for me
    Organic only 85% of the time ... you can find deals.

I agree with most of it... sometimes ill lose it, and eat half a tub of cottage cheese at 2am... and be surprised how lean I look in the morning
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Subbing for later.
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

1. growth hormone - must be legit pharma grade hormona, 5iu a day minimum
    2. tren ace - watch the fat just melt right of you
    3. ephedrina - megadose that stuff before competitions. dont cycle it, thats a huge myth. Do you think asthma patients cycle their ephedrine because their receptors wear out?!?! lololol
    4. clen / T3 or albuterol / T3 - greatest fat burners know to man
    5. exercize and diet.

gh15 approved
  16. Registered User

subd
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

i know this is an old article, but just caught it and thought i'd comment on few things
    so, on with the bump

Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    2 things: avoid soy (unlike the article says)
    okay agree
    and on the same note avoid casein supplements. Those who take casein at night get fatter.
    no
    It probably has to do with casein being so slow-digesting it interferes with fasting mechanisms of the body, and whereas you are in fact supposed to enter a somewhat fasted state at night, you don't with casein.
    no

no protein is going to make you fat.. period

Originally Posted by Nickmort View Post
    Any source for your casein theory? First time I heard that
    absolutely none

Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Try looking up soy and phytoestrogens. Supposedly the GMO stuff has even more of these phytoestrogens.
    this
    soy is not something you want as a man
    xenoestrogens..phytoestrogens. .environmental estrogens..we are bombarded and surrounded with estrogenic compounds

Originally Posted by hajisan View Post
    I think we've all heard to stay away from soy, but casein? I too would like a source (like a peer reviewed article as opposed to anecdotal evidence).
    i don't have source handy, but actually there is some miniscule evidence that casein is not something you want to go all out on..just not for the reasons that have been suggested above :D
    me, i think if you keep it common sense intake, you'll be just fine, and i do prefer a blend of proteins prior to bed myself

as for the other points in the article: meh.. some good ideas, and some that really have no place being advised without a more thorough understanding of what you are doing
    and is the problem with these "how-to guides" -- there are many different paths that lead to rome, no one system is going to work for everyone
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  •