2. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

IF vs Eating every 3 hours BS: 1-0
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I'm not sure that IF is better than every 3 hours or vice versa but being underfed at times (eating less than maintenance) may be the ticket for health, and even promote physique goals.
    •   

4. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Originally Posted by stephenlay View Post
    I'm not sure that IF is better than every 3 hours or vice versa but being underfed at times (eating less than maintenance) may be the ticket for health, and even promote physique goals.
    Well, eating less than maintenance is *necessary* if one wants to cut/lose fat/weight.
    Intermittent fasting delivers results even better, but the article wasn't really about that..
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

5. Registered User

I don't quite understand, I always thought you deplete muscle when in starvation which is why I try to eat every 3 hours. So how often should I do these "intervals of starvation" and how long should the I interval be?
  6. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post

Well, eating less than maintenance is *necessary* if one wants to cut/lose fat/weight.
    Intermittent fasting delivers results even better, but the article wasn't really about that..
    Or burning more of the calories that your taking in...

I eat lot and actually tracked it to determine weight loss and I over eat almost every single day.
    I would say to lose some pounds 1 needs to kick out the calories they are taking in...
    Which essentially be under maintenance.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  7. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Originally Posted by clarkis View Post
    I don't quite understand, I always thought you deplete muscle when in starvation which is why I try to eat every 3 hours. So how often should I do these "intervals of starvation" and how long should the I interval be?
    It all depends on your actual stats, BF, training, and how your body reacts to the protocol and also
    how it reacts to the type of foods you use (my body works with protein and fats, can't stand carbs, some other
    work better with carbs..)

You can deplete your muscle glycogen stores in 20 minutes of training, it doesn't mean you're "burning muscles",
    you can spend quite a long time without eating before losing muscle mass, days.. so no worries.
    Food timing has very lil impact as opposed to cals in vs cals out.
    My fasting state lasts 14/16 hours a day, every day ('cept for refeed once a week), go figure..
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

8. Registered User

This of course is horrible advice for an ectomorph. It's only suited to meso/endo. If I only ate when I felt hungry I'd only eat once a day and lose 15lbs in a week. Also, IF isn't any guarantee that you'll be healthier or lower body fat, so it's not just inherently better. Most overweight people only eat twice a day(lunch, dinner) and skip breakfast.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    This of course is horrible advice for an ectomorph. It's only suited to meso/endo. If I only ate when I felt hungry I'd only eat once a day and lose 15lbs in a week. Also, IF isn't any guarantee that you'll be healthier or lower body fat, so it's not just inherently better. Most overweight people only eat twice a day(lunch, dinner) and skip breakfast.
    IF isn't any guarantee you'll be healthier or lower body fat? Why not? There is enough scientific documentation showing it does.

Where is some actual scientific studies showing most overweight people only eat twice a day? Its a nice fake statistic, but not true. Most have snacks and other food inbetween, closer to the 6 meals a day. You can gain fat on 2 meals a day, or gain fat on 6 or 8 meals a day if you don't eat enough protein, eat too many calories, and raise insulin too high.

As far as ectomorphs and eating only when hungry, the point of this article is on eating at regular times dailys. The number of times, and what times those are become less important than eating the same time. By eating the same time, you force your circadian rhythms into a constant state, which helps leptin levels become regular.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    It all depends on your actual stats, BF, training, and how your body reacts to the protocol and also
    how it reacts to the type of foods you use (my body works with protein and fats, can't stand carbs, some other
    work better with carbs..)

You can deplete your muscle glycogen stores in 20 minutes of training, it doesn't mean you're "burning muscles",
    you can spend quite a long time without eating before losing muscle mass, days.. so no worries.
    Food timing has very lil impact as opposed to cals in vs cals out.
    My fasting state lasts 14/16 hours a day, every day ('cept for refeed once a week), go figure..
    I'm not sure you could deplete glycogen in 20 minutes, more like 90-180 :) but overall yeah. The human body isn't a digital computer, the mechanisms of storage + homeostasis take longer than a single day to cause significant effects.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Registered User

Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    IF isn't any guarantee you'll be healthier or lower body fat? Why not? There is enough scientific documentation showing it does....Its a nice fake statistic, but not true.
    You can gain fat on 2 meals a day, or gain fat on 6 or 8 meals a day
    Don't contradict yourself. It's not a good look.

I didn't even know those existed. I just now looked those up for you. I knew this from observation. Everyone I know but my sister is overweight, and they only eat twice a day.
  12. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Don't contradict yourself. It's not a good look.

I didn't even know those existed. I just now looked those up for you. I knew this from observation. Everyone I know but my sister is overweight, and they only eat twice a day.
    I'm not contradicting myself, and those prove nothing. You are confusing correlation with causation. The 2 meals a day isn't what causes the obesity, its the content of those 2 or 4 or 8. The first study shows someone who eats more frequently being less likely to be obese, but duh! anyone who pays attention to what they eat and cares about what they eat is less likely to be obese, and you have to be paying attention + care to eat 6 meals a day. The second study shows more lean mass lost in the 2 meal a day group of boxers at 1200 calories a day, but says nothing about macro makeup of the meals, and I can't think of anyone who suggests 1200 calories a day for active athletic males. Tons more in studies showing quite the opposite. i'll post some later, busy working :)
    This space for rent

13. Registered User

I'm not contradicting myself, and those prove nothing.
    Yes you were, and those prove my statement true. You said IF IS guaranteed to make you lose fat, then said you can still gain fat on 2 meals a day. That is a direct contradiction. How you can't see that is beyond me. My statement "IF isn't any guarantee that you'll be healthier or lower body fat" is 100% true. To say it is guaranteed to do so is just asinine.
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yes you were, and those prove my statement true. You said IF IS guaranteed to make you lose fat, then said you can still gain fat on 2 meals a day. That is a direct contradiction. How you can't see that is beyond me. My statement "IF isn't any guarantee that you'll be healthier or lower body fat" is 100% true. To say it is guaranteed to do so is just asinine.
    Wrong again. IF as a dietary scheme followed will have your health markers in blood tests improve, add is well documented in studies. Losing or gaining fat is still a combination of dietary timing strategy, total calories, and macros. And just eating 2 meals a day alone isn't intermittent fasting
    This space for rent

15. Registered User

IF as a dietary scheme followed will have your health markers in blood tests improve
    Any calorie restricted diet will do that. That's not specific to IF.
    Wrong again.... And just eating 2 meals a day alone isn't intermittent fasting
    I was never wrong a first time. You're wrong; there is no one form of intermittent fasting. Eating 2 meals a day most certainly is a form of intermittent fasting.
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Any calorie restricted diet will do that. That's not specific to IF.I was never wrong a first time. You're wrong; there is no one form of intermittent fasting. Eating 2 meals a day most certainly is a form of intermittent fasting.
    you are making a poor straw man argument. At the same food content with protein over USRDA that has a person maintaining weight and lean mass in an 8 meal a day dietary scheme, they will be healthier and lose fat in an IF scheme. It has nothing to do with restricted calories.

On a diet plan of 2 meals consisting of 8 twinkies and 4 cans of coke each only of course you'll gain fat. But you'll gain less fat and be healthier than if you had 8 meals of 2 twinkies and a can of coke.
    This space for rent

17. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

you are making a poor straw man argument. At the same food content with protein over USRDA that has a person maintaining weight and lean mass in an 8 meal a day dietary scheme, they will be healthier and lose fat in an IF scheme. It has nothing to do with restricted calories.

On a diet plan of 2 meals consisting of 8 twinkies and 4 cans of coke each only of course you'll gain fat. But you'll gain less fat and be healthier than if you had 8 meals of 2 twinkies and a can of coke.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I've considered that diet :D
    This space for rent

19. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I consider it every time I go on a calorie restriction.

20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    I consider it every time I go on a calorie restriction.
    except that now with hostess declaring bankruptcy, you may not be able to go on it soon. better start today
    This space for rent

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

except that now with hostess declaring bankruptcy, you may not be able to go on it soon. better start today
    Are they really? How is that possible Rey have been around forever
    Always willing to learn :D
  22. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

23. Registered User

You're the only one making straw man arguments. You've never disproved my statement that you said was false. Now you're making new "requirements" unrelated to IF in general and comparing it to 8 meals a day? That's eating every 1.5 hours. Who does that? IF doesn't require any specific macro nutrient break down(protein over USRDA), IF doesn't require maintaing weight nor does IF automatically assume a calorie deficit; you need to stop with the "straw man" BS. Get to proving my statement wrong or admit you were wrong. Of course you have the option to keep pretending you're refuting my statement but not actually doing it...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. M&M Article, Growth Hormone
    By Pound4Pound in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 06:15 PM