USPowders Product Write-Up: Bulk Super Cissus

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk Super Cissus

Bulk Super Cissus is a highly focussed and effective joint, bone, and connective-tissue-supportive matrix. Benefitting from USPowders' unique herbal extraction technology and unmatched value-for-money, Bulk Super Cissus was specifically designed to deliver the following benefits, amongst others:

- Potent bone, joint, tendon, and ligament growth, regeneration, and remodeling effects
- Enhanced maintenance of connective-tissue integrity
- Powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects
- Significant anti-glucocorticoid and anti-catabolic activity
- Considerable anabolic and androgenic action
- Powerful antioxidant and lipid-profile regulating agent
- Safe and reliable herbal composition

To understand how Bulk Super Cissus elicits these results, it is useful to review the following:

Cissus quadrangularis is a multi-functional, pluripotent herb with a range of photochemical constituents that range from flavonoids, phytosterols, triterpenoids, tannins, ketosteroids, ascorbic acid, calcium, and other metabolites. [12,16]. It possesses a variety of pharmacognostic and pharmacological properties [12,16] that include analgesic [4,5], anti-osteoporotic [4], bone regeneration and bone-fracture healing [6-11], anabolic and androgenic [19-21], anti-inflammatory [13-15], anti-obesity [17], antioxidant [18], anti-hemorrhoidal, and gastroprotective activities.

Bulk Super Cissus is specifically extracted for the potent photochemical constituent, ketosterones, a central multifunctional agent in the cissus plant that possesses a variety of beneficial pharmacological properties enumerated earlier.

More specifically, recent research demonstrates that cissus not only supports pronounced expression or proliferation of bone marrow stem cells, but also promotes their differentiation as well as osteoblastogenesis (the production of osteoblasts) and the downstream calcification of bone structures. In particular, cissus has been shown to stimulate the proliferation of bone-marrow mesenchymal stem cells, enhance the differentiation of these stem mesenchymal stem cells into osteoblasts (bone-forming cells), and ultimately trigger the calcification (as in the deposition of calcium salts in the cartilage, an important event in bone formation) of bone structures.[1] For those interested, mesenchymal stem cells are undifferentiated mesodermal (embryonic source of structures such as connective tissue, bone, muscle, and dermis) cells that trigger the structural production of connective tissue, bone, and cartilage (supportive connective tissue that pads the bone at the junction between bone and muscle). By enabling these proliferation and differentiation processes in specific stem cells, as well as by supporting calcification in bone structures, cissus supports the maintenance of the structural integrity of bones, with special respect to bone generation and regeneration, as well as bone healing and strengthening.

Further research support for cissus' proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization effects was provided in a 2011 study that suggests that cissus treatment achieves these effects via stimulation of DNA synthesis in human osteoblast-like cells, consequently triggering their proliferation or increased expression.[2] The same study asserts that cissus induces anabolic effects in these cells via stimulation of higher mRNA and protein expression of a transcription factor (Runx2) involved in the modulation of bone-matrix proteins. In murine models, the cissus-induced mineralization effect was shown to occur via an enrichment of alkaline phosphatase mediated by an MAPK-dependent pathway.[3] Studies on the proliferation effects of cissus on fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and chrondoblasts, as well as on its beneficial effects on bone-fracture healing postulate pathways that include an improved osteoblastic uptake of minerals (calcium, sulphur, phosphorous) as well as a stimulation of the regeneration of the chemical composition of fractured bones, with respect to collagen, phosphorous, mucopolysaccharides, and related agents.[10, 11].

Cissus' anti-inflammatory activities have also been documented [13-15]. In particular, cissus induces these actions via an inhibition of the cyclooxygenase (COX-2) and lipooxygenase (5-LOX) enzymatic pathways of the inflammatory cascade. The inhibition of COX-2 prevents the conversion of arachidonic acid into the pro-inflammatory agent, prostaglandin E2, that intensifies inflammation and joint destruction. Recall that, as arachidonic acid can utilize the COX-2 and the 5-LOX pathways for exerting its destructive inflammatory cascade, blocking the COX-2 pathway alone is not sufficient to halt the inflammatory effects of arachidonic acid. Fortunately, however, cissus also inhibits 5-LOX, preventing the conversion of arachidonic acid into leukotriene B4, another pro-inflammatory agent that leads to inflammation and compromised connective tissue and bone integrity.

Cissus also exerts considerable anabolic and androgenic activity, ranging from increased bone-tissue tensile strength, bone-fracture healing, and anti-glucocorticoid activity. [19-21] As is well-known, glucocorticoids activate the obiquitin-proteasome pathway, leading to the breakdown of muscle tissue. Cissus' anti-glucocorticoid and anabolic actions induce anti-catabolic (muscle-preserving) effects, supporting further anabolic processes.

So, overall, Bulk Super Cissus is a safe, reliable, and effective agent specifically engineered to deliver potent bone and connective-tissue growth, regeneration, and remodeling effects; powerful and analgesic effects; potent anti-glucocorticoid and anti-catabolic results; significant anabolic and androgenic effects; as well as pronounced antioxidant, lipolytic, and metabolic-regulating outcomes.

References
1) Bhagath, K.P., et al (2009). Petroleum Ether Extract of Cissus Quadrangularis (Linn.) Enhances Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cell Proliferation and Facilitates Osteoblastogenesis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). October; 64(10): 993–998.
2) Muthusami, S., et al (2011). Effects of cissus quadrangularis on the proliferation, differentiation and matrix mineralization of human osteoblast like SaOS-2 cells. J Cell Biochem. Apr;112(4):1035-45.
3) Parisuthiman, D., et al (2009). Cissus quadrangularis extract enhances biomineralization through up-regulation of MAPK-dependent alkaline phosphatase activity in osteoblasts. Journal In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. Mar-Apr;45(3-4):194-200.
4) Shirwaikar A., et al (2003). Antiosteoporotic effect of ethanol extract of Cissus quadrangularis Linn. on ovariectomized rat. Journal of Ethonopharmacology, 89, 245–250.
5) Jainu M., Devi C.S.S. (2005). Attenuation of neutrophil infiltration and proinflammatory cytokines by Cissus quadrangularis: a possible prevention against gastric ulcerogenesis. J Herbal Pharmacother. 5, 33-42.
6) Udupa K. N., and Prasad G. C. (1964). Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing, Indian J. Med. Res., 52, 26–35.
7) Sen S.P., et al (1966). Studies on the active constituents. 10 Further studies on the effect of Cissus quadrangularis in accelerating fracture healing, Indian Journal of Medical Research, 52, 26.
8) Chopra S.S., et al (1976). Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: a histopathological study, Indian Journal of Medical Research, 64(9), 1365–1368.
9) Canalis H., et al. (1998). Growth factors and the regulation on bone remodeling, Journal of Clinical Investigation, 81, 277– 281.
10. Prasad G.C., Udupa K.N. (1972). Pathways and site of action of a phytogenic steroid from Cissus quadrangularis, Journal of Research in Indian Medicine, 4, 132.
11. Udupa K.N., et al (1965). The effect of phytogenic steroid in the accleration of fracture repair, Life Science, 4, 317.
12. Mishra, G., et al. (2010). Pharmacological and Therapeutic Activity of Cissus quadrangularis: An Overview. International Journal of PharmTech Research CODEN (USA): April-June, Vol.2, No.2, 1298-1310.
13. Ferrandiz M.L., Alcaraz M.J. (1991). Anti-inflammatory activity and inhibition of arachidonic acid metabolism by flavonoids, Agents and Actions. 32 (3–4), 283–288.
14. Mallika J., Shyamala Devi CS. (2006). Gastroprotective action of Cissus quadrangularis extract against NSAID induced gastric ulcer: role of proinflammatory cytokines and oxidative damage. Biol Interact, 161, 262–70.
15. Lin, J., et al. (1999). “Preliminary screening of some traditional Zulu medicinal plant for Anti-inflammatory and Anti-microbial activity”, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 68, 267-274.
16. Justin Raj, S., Joseph, B. (2011). Pharmacognostic and traditional properties of Cissus quadrancularis Linn -An overview. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, Vol. 2,1, Jan-Mar., 131-139.
17. Oben, Kuate, Agbor, Momo, Talla (2006). The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolism. Institute of Medical Research & Medicinal Plant studies, Yaounde, Cameroon. Lipids in Health and Disease, 5:24
18. Jainu and C.S. Devi. (2005). In vitro and In vivo evaluation of free radical scavenging potential of Cissus quadrangularis, African Journal of Biomedical Research, 8(2), 95-99.
19. Chopra, S.S., Patel, M.R., Awadhiya, R.P. (1976). Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: a histopathological study. Indian J Med Res. Sep;64(9):1365-8.
20. Chopra, S.S., Patel, M.R., Gupta, L.P., Datta, I.C. (1975). Studies on Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: effect on chemical parameters in blood. Indian J Med Res. Jun;63(6):824-8.
21. Prasad, G.C., Udupa, K.N. (1963). Effect of Cissus Quadrangolaris on the healing of cortisone treated fractures. Indian J Med Res. Jul;51:667-76.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk Supper Cissus to the rescue!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do your joints, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and connective tissues a favor - get on Bulk Super Cissus!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This should be a staple...

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
It already is to a large percentage of us!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do your joints, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and connective tissues a favor - get on Bulk Super Cissus!

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How do you dose this product? It is a bulk powder correct? Does it taste well or do you just cap it yourself? Im really intrigued by the anabolic/androgenic properties behind cissus... I've also seen write-ups on cissus about it posessing IGF1 stimulating properties. Your thoughts on this?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you dose this product? It is a bulk powder correct? Does it taste well or do you just cap it yourself? Im really intrigued by the anabolic/androgenic properties behind cissus... I've also seen write-ups on cissus about it posessing IGF1 stimulating properties. Your thoughts on this?
Bulk Super Cissus Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1g about 10 minutes prior to breakfast and 1g about10 minutes prior to the last meal of the day. Myotropic use: As a dietary supplement, take 1g 4-5 times daily 10 minutes prior to eating. The myotropic effect of Bulk Super Cissus should be felt within 8-12 days marked by an increase in strength, recovery, and blood flow to the muscle (Cissus Pump). Bulk Super Cissus should be used for a minimum of thirty days to allow for full recovery and muscle growth potential.

I would recommend that it is capped. An alternative is to "parachute" it.

Studies have demonstrated that Cisssus possesses not just anabolic/androgenic activity, but also stimulates anti-catabolic/anti-glucocorticoid signaling. Have you tried the product before?

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bulk Super Cissus Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1g about 10 minutes prior to breakfast and 1g about10 minutes prior to the last meal of the day. Myotropic use: As a dietary supplement, take 1g 4-5 times daily 10 minutes prior to eating. The myotropic effect of Bulk Super Cissus should be felt within 8-12 days marked by an increase in strength, recovery, and blood flow to the muscle (Cissus Pump). Bulk Super Cissus should be used for a minimum of thirty days to allow for full recovery and muscle growth potential.

I would recommend that it is capped. An alternative is to "parachute" it.

Studies have demonstrated that Cisssus possesses not just anabolic/androgenic activity, but also stimulates anti-catabolic/anti-glucocorticoid signaling. Have you tried the product before?
Cool! I have not tried it yet. I've been thinking about adding it to my regular supplementation staples. I hear so many great things about it and actually sell quit a bit of the retail formula at my store. I'm really interested to see how it's unique properties could benefit me. I think I might just have to invest in some an a capping system!

What is meant by "to parachute it?"

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool! I have not tried it yet. I've been thinking about adding it to my regular supplementation staples. I hear so many great things about it and actually sell quit a bit of the retail formula at my store. I'm really interested to see how it's unique properties could benefit me. I think I might just have to invest in some an a capping system!

What is meant by "to parachute it?"
It is a great compound, indeed. Some like it capped, some others do not mind it as a powder, yet other are indifferent.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dumping the scoop straight into your mouth and chasing it with water. Some people put a scoop in toilet paper and eat it, but I would just scoop it in your mouth. Tastes like tea to me.
When it is wrapped in a ply of tissue paper, it is simply swallowed, without chewing (to mask the taste). Then one takes quaffs of water. Chewing it after wrapping in tissue paper tends to defeat the purpose of parachuting, that is, to mask the taste in the first place.

dsohei

Awards
has to be ten minutes pre eating? can't just take 1g 5x throughout the day?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
has to be ten minutes pre eating? can't just take 1g 5x throughout the day?
If you mean our Bulk Super Cissus, then you could indeed take 1g up to 5 x throughout the day.

Awards
  • Established
If you mean our Bulk Super Cissus, then you could indeed take 1g up to 5 x throughout the day.
As far as his statement about the 10 min before eating part? I'm curious as well? would it make any difference if you just take it with your food?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as his statement about the 10 min before eating part? I'm curious as well? would it make any difference if you just take it with your food?
You can also take it with food.

Reactions: 804