P-Slin Questions

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

P-Slin Questions

I'm hoping a rep can chime in on this:

I'm really looking into running a nutrient partitioner. I love the concept behind it and there is actually some scientific research behind this category of supplements instead of just marketing.

That brings me to my concern. P-slin seems to be the first of this kind from what I can uncover. The user feedback has been great and there are many knock-offs. There are even several contentious threads between USP and a few other companies I won't name arguing over which product is best and if there was any "copy cat" supplement creation involved.

Well, I am now finding out that USP has discontinued P-Slin. Is that true? I have not only read that on several forums, but have been told that by a few local supp shops.

Why would USP discontinue a product you they pioneered and that was effective? Is there some evidence about long term use that was discovered?

Also, I now notice that on NP, P-Slin is sold by a company called Pure Supplements. Have the rights to P-Slin been sold? After seeing USP Reps voraciously defend P-Slin recently, I am wondering why that would happen if USP isn't even selling the product (unless they are paid a royalty or something to that effect).

nutraplanet.com/product/pure-supplements/p-slin-30-caps.html]Pure Supplements P-Slin (30 caps): Discount P-Slin Supplements

My last concern is that of liver glycogen. If the liver is responsible for a large store of glycogen and P-Slin shuttles all glycogen directly into muscle tissue, what effects will this have on the liver and other organs that receive liver glycogen?

Also, how does this product differ from Slin-Sane which is also getting rave reviews and how does this compare to P-Slin (as unbiased an answer as possible).

P-Slin Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Pure Blend:
    Tannis Complex (Extract engineered from Lagerstroemia speciosa), Gymnemic Complex (Herbal engineered from Gymnema Sylvestre 500mg **

Slin-Sane Supplement Facts
    Servings per Container: 60

Propietary Blend:

Gymnema Sylvestre and Lagerstoma Speciosa
    500 mg **
    L-Norvaline

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  91k lbs.

im currently using p-slin and would have to say its probably the best supp ive ever had. im dropping weight (also due to OEP) and keep smashing PB's with the weights.

for the price you cant go wrong, will be a huge letdown if it is being discontinued.

EDIT: just checked out nutraplanet and my current box. i ordered it a few weeks ago when it was listed as pure supplements with the same picture etc, and recieved it with USP packaging.

its quite confusing but i dont think its about to disapear
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Look for my responses in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
    I'm hoping a rep can chime in on this:

I'm really looking into running a nutrient partitioner. I love the concept behind it and there is actually some scientific research behind this category of supplements instead of just marketing.

That brings me to my concern. P-slin seems to be the first of this kind from what I can uncover. The user feedback has been great and there are many knock-offs. There are even several contentious threads between USP and a few other companies I won't name arguing over which product is best and if there was any "copy cat" supplement creation involved.

Well, I am now finding out that USP has discontinued P-Slin. Is that true? I have not only read that on several forums, but have been told that by a few local supp shops.

We are planning to discontinue Pslin, but may bring it back at a later date. For now, Anabolic-Pump is an option that made more sense to us. Many more consumers find AP to be a beneficial add-on to their stacks, or to be used as a stand-alone.

The sales in both retail and online showed AP to be the king of nutrient partitioners.

Why would USP discontinue a product you they pioneered and that was effective? Is there some evidence about long term use that was discovered?

Nothing like that, simply answering the call of the consumer. AP was beating out Pslin sales, and the primary consumer base was more comfortable with the dosing schedule and effects of AP. Nothing is wrong with Pslin, no safety issues to be concerned with.

Also, I now notice that on NP, P-Slin is sold by a company called Pure Supplements. Have the rights to P-Slin been sold? After seeing USP Reps voraciously defend P-Slin recently, I am wondering why that would happen if USP isn't even selling the product (unless they are paid a royalty or something to that effect).

Pure Supplements is a subsidiary of USPlabs. Pure was intended to be our Australian line. USP or Pure Pslin = Same product.

Voraciously defending Pslin???

nutraplanet.com/product/pure-supplements/p-slin-30-caps.html]Pure Supplements P-Slin (30 caps): Discount P-Slin Supplements

Chances are, when you receive the product it will have a USP logo on it, rather than a Pure Supplements logo. Same product.

My last concern is that of liver glycogen. If the liver is responsible for a large store of glycogen and P-Slin shuttles all glycogen directly into muscle tissue, what effects will this have on the liver and other organs that receive liver glycogen?

I will consult with individuals more well versed in this, and respond as promptly as possible.

Also, how does this product differ from Slin-Sane which is also getting rave reviews and how does this compare to P-Slin (as unbiased an answer as possible).

I cannot comment on this as I have not used Slin-Sane, only a long-time Pslin user.

P-Slin Supplement Facts
    Servings per Container: 30

Pure Blend:
    Tannis Complex (Extract engineered from Lagerstroemia speciosa), Gymnemic Complex (Herbal engineered from Gymnema Sylvestre 500mg **

Slin-Sane Supplement Facts
    Servings per Container: 60

Propietary Blend:

Gymnema Sylvestre and Lagerstoma Speciosa
    500 mg **
    L-Norvaline
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

i have always liked pslin. one of my fav supps.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
    My last concern is that of liver glycogen. If the liver is responsible for a large store of glycogen and P-Slin shuttles all glycogen directly into muscle tissue, what effects will this have on the liver and other organs that receive liver glycogen?...
    Thank you for your interest in P-Slin and USPlabs!
    As you are aware, the ultimate aim of carbohydrate digestion is to hydrolyze (breakdown) complex carbohydrates (polysaccharides and disaccharides) into monosaccarides (linked together within complex carbohydrates by glycosidic bonds), or glucose units. Carbohydrate digestion occurs in the small intestine.
    Glucose absorption into epithelial cells is effected via the Na+ cotransport mechanism of the Na+/K+ ATPase (sodium-potassium pump), such that glucose penetrates the blood capillaries for transport by the hepatic portal vein into the liver. The glucose trasporter protein (GLUT-4 for skeletal and heart muscles, as well as adipose tissue; GLUT-3 for the brain; GLUT-2 for the liver; and GLUT-1 for red blood cells) responsible for this process is of the passive or facilitated difussion type (glucose diffuses passively across the membrane), involving no energy in the actual execution. [The synthesis of glycogen from glucose, hoiwever, requires energy, and is therefore, called an endorgenic process].
    Now, as you know, glucose is stored in the body as glycogen. Glycogen stores, however, do not only exist in the liver, but also in muscle cells, and even in the kidney (absorbed by kidney tubules). In otherwords, consumed carbohydrates are ultimately stored in the liver, muscle cells, and in the kidney. Glycogen is not found in any other cells of the body. [This does not include brain carbohydrate requirements that are obtained directly and from glycogen stores when required.]
    So, by activating GLUT-4 translocation, P-Slin supports glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells. This, however, does not mean that other glucose-requiring organs and cells in the body are starved of glucose. First of all, the brain has a preferential status in glucose uptake (via GLUT-3). Furthermore, the liver and the kidney (to a minor extent) are usually not glycogen-depleted (as long as the body is not in starvation mode), and so are able to support glucose-requiring metabolic functions, as the need arises. They then replenish their glucose stores, as the opportunity presents itself, and are not threatened by glucose channelling to skeletal muscle tissues.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    i have always liked pslin. one of my fav supps.
    Thank you! I like it, too!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. a couple slin questions
    By Steve325 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
  2. Slin Questions
    By Mr X in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 06:56 PM