Stupid ? about Pink Magic

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry in advance. Please don't shoot me and feel free to delete thread once sufficiently answered......

Every time I attempt to gain insight to this product and how it works, all I'm finding are the "great results" posts.

I want to try this stuff as it sounds killer......but.........

I like to know WTF I'm taking and it's MOA as I need to know what to stack it with and WHAT to AVOID (similar supps to avoid TOO MUCH of one thing).

I even went on the site USPLabs Pink Magic and was still a bit confused.

All the other products USP introduced, for me, the intended purpose and MOA was VERY clearly explained.

Again, forgive my ignorance but I am just lost on this one! LOL

SO:
1) Is this a Test Enhancer
2) Is this a N.O. Product
3) Is this an Anti-catabolic Agent with spercific anti[-cort activity (b/c Im on LeanXtreme and would I need to get off??? Too much anti-cort = not good)
4) Is this an anabolic agent? If so - is ot a hormonal product??? Need to know!
5) I saw it's a recomp/hardening agent - does this mean it is an insulin mimicker and you NEEED CARBS or will go hypo?

I simply have no clue WTF this stuff is (LOL) and what the application for use would be!!!!!! :p

Dying to try it from all the reviews but please HELP!

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
I think most of your questions are already answered, except for exactly how it works.... It states on the bottle itself it boosts test.... they say it works along with NO products to make them work longer but is not an NO product itself. The other questions I'd be interested to know myself. Lets standby and see if anybody chimes in

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your inquiries! Please see my answers in Bold and/or quotes.

Sorry in advance. Please don't shoot me and feel free to delete thread once sufficiently answered......
Gun is unloaded.

Every time I attempt to gain insight to this product and how it works, all I'm finding are the "great results" posts.
Quite a few of those floating around...

I like to know WTF I'm taking and it's MOA as I need to know what to stack it with and WHAT to AVOID (similar supps to avoid TOO MUCH of one thing).
A potent testosterone stimulating, anti-catabolic, and natural anabolic based product containing 3 herbal ingredients; Nelumbo nucifera, Rhamnus nakaharai and Massularia acuminata.

All the other products USP introduced, for me, the intended purpose and MOA was VERY clearly explained.

Please allow me to quote our write-up, and/or Q&A for these answers.
SO:

Massularia acuminata is a plant that has long been used in parts of Africa as an aphrodisiac...

Recent evidence suggests that these aphrodisiac properties noted anecdotally in humans, are due to the plant's ability to increase endogenous testosterone levels.

In a study in animal models, an aqueous extract of the plant was shown to increase serum luteinizing hormone and testicular testosterone levels by approximately 66% and 60%, respectively, relative to controls, after 3 weeks of administration in the highest dose group (1).

The increase in testosterone was found to be a dose-dependent effect, increasing significantly with each dose escalation.

In addition, other androgenic markers also indicated that the plant was effective in this regard, including a significant increase in testes-bodyweight ratio.

The authors of the study concluded that the use of the plant as an aphrodisiac is likely tied to its androgenic potential (i.e., ability to increase testosterone levels), based upon these data gathered in an animal model.
Q: Well, if a key ingredient in Pink Magic may increase testosterone, doesn’t that mean I may suffer hair loss, or other “bad” side effects?

A: In a short answer, no. “Bad” side effects from synthetic testosterone use come about because the body’s natural testosterone is being outright replaced, not increased. This leads to what we call a “hormonal imbalance,” where all your body’s hormones, not just testosterone, are fluctuating wildly. This may result in things like hair loss, developing breast tissue, and so on. As a key ingredient in Pink Magic is not replacing your body’s testosterone, and has only been shown to increase it in animal studies, your body has an adequate time to adjust and should avoid negative side effects.

Pumped To The Gills While Cutting?

In addition, this vasodilatory effect can potentially lead to greater "pumps" and the feeling of fuller muscles, while also potentially increasing lipolysis (2,18).

Keeps Going Like That Bunny

Unlike various nitric oxide (NO) products which can lose their effectiveness over time, these compounds will not do so.

Synergystic with Nitric Oxide Products?

In fact, as demonstrated in animal models, these compounds may prevent N.O. products from losing their effectiveness in the first place (19-23).

Additionally, these compounds may even increase or potentiate the effects of nitric oxide products(24).

How so, you ask?

Well, to answer that, we must look at how the beloved nitric oxide (N.O.) molecule allows for vasodilation and the subsequent benefits...

N.O. is involved in the NO/guanylyl (guanylate) cyclase/cyclic GMP-dependent cascade...

In effect, it is thought that the N.O. molecule works by binding to and activating soluble guanylyl (guanylate) cyclase, which in turn catalyzes the formation of cGMP from guanosine triphosphate (GTP).

Once the previously mentioned second messenger, cGMP accumulates intracellularly in the given cell/tissue type (in this case smooth muscle), activation of cGMP-dependent protein kinase (protein kinase G or PKG) occurs and eventually leads to vasodilation, in this particular case.

So, again, how might Pink Magic prevent N.O. products from losing their effectiveness and possibly even potentiate their effects?

Well, it appears that one mechanism behind the reduction of N.O.'s effectiveness is an increase in the activity of cGMP-phosphodiesterase, which as we discussed earlier, is responsible for degrading cGMP...

Since the body can't stop you from ingesting compounds designed to increase N.O., it does the next best thing by increasing the expression of enzymes designed to reduce the downstream effectiveness of N.O....

In effect, it decreases levels of cGMP and thus reduces the level of vasodilation and other potential benefits...

However, since Pink Magic contains compounds known to inhibit cGMP phosphodiesterase, this can not only work to prevent the decline ineffectiveness of N.O. products, it may even potentiate the effects of them through the same mechanism...

You'll have that N.O. product working to increase cGMP levels, while the key ingredients in Pink Magic prevent the degradation of cGMP, allowing you to maintain and even increase the beneficial effects seen with NO products!

Yet, unlike most N.O. products, these compounds won't succumb to decreased effectiveness through decreased cGMP levels.

3) Is this an Anti-catabolic Agent with spercific anti[-cort activity (b/c Im on LeanXtreme and would I need to get off??? Too much anti-cort = not good)

Certain compounds present in these plants have been shown in animal vitro to inhibit various subtypes of phosphodiesterase, an enzyme (technically, a class of enzymes) which degrades cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophostphae) and cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate), cyclic nucleotide molecules which serve important roles in the human body (2).

By inhibiting these different subtypes of phosphodiesterase, cAMP and cGMP levels can be increased in different tissues...

First, by inhibiting the cAMP-phosphodiesterase in skeletal muscle, it is thought that an anti-catabolic effect can be seen by suppressing calcium and ATP-dependent proteolysis, a mechanism that is shared by compounds like clenbuterol as shown in various animal studies (3-10).

By increasing intracellular cAMP in skeletal muscle and the consequential decrease in calcium and ATP-dependent proteolysis, a net positive protein balance may occur in muscle...

This is a rarely-exploited natural anti-catabolic/anabolic pathway...and a VERY exciting one to say the least...and we aren't even close to being done...

Q: How do the key ingredients in Pink Magic work, specifically?

A: Pink Magic’s key ingredients essentially works in four major ways, and three of those are because they have been shown to stop (inhibit) the action of a group of enzymes known as “PDEs” (phosphodiesterases) in certain animal models*.

First, by inhibiting PDEs, the referenced studies demonstrate key ingredients in Pink Magic may directly cause an increase in blood flow to skeletal muscle by causing something known as “vasodilation.” This means to dilate the blood vessels, and may result in directly increasing the amount of nutrients your muscles receive by delivering more nutrient-rich blood. Obviously, a great thing!

Second, by this same process, ingredients in Pink Magic may potentiate (increase) the effects of other NO-products – boosting the “pump,” vascularity, and nutrient-delivery you already receive from those products.

Third, and again by inhibiting two PDEs in particular, ingredients in Pink Magic may directly stop atrophy (loss of muscle) and contribute to a net (overall) gain in lean mass.
And finally – as if the first three weren’t enough – an ingredient in Pink Magic has been shown to significantly increase testosterone in certain animal models!
Q: Well, if the ingredients in Pink Magic are not replacing natural hormones, why does it need to be cycled at all?

A: Our bodies do some amazing things, and at the top of that list, is adaptation. Simply put, this time off is necessary to make sure that your body does not acclimate (become used to) Pink Magic’s ingredients, and allows you to receive the maximum benefit from Pink Magic each time you use it.

Q: Is this why USPlabs recommends 6 days on, 1 day off when dosing Pink Magic?

A: Yes, that is exactly why. Just as the two to four week off period allows your next use of Pink Magic to be just as effective as the last, taking this day off ensures Pink Magic’s ingredients keep working at maximum capacity throughout the week!
5) I saw it's a recomp/hardening agent - does this mean it is an insulin mimicker and you NEEED CARBS or will go hypo?

No. It is not a nutrient partitioner.

I simply have no clue WTF this stuff is (LOL) and what the application for use would be!!!!!! :p

Q: All the hype about Pink Magic makes me question whether or not it works, where is your evidence?

A: Simply put, people aren’t getting results because Pink Magic’s ingredients are “hype,” people are “hyping” Pink Magic because the ingredients work. As for evidence, USPlabs provided about 100 bottles of beta product to testers who had no idea what to expect or when to expect it, and the results speak for themselves. Their amazing journey can be found at The Pink Magic Chronicles - USPLabsDirect.com. And remember, these beta testers had a less potent, unfinished version of the product!

G

SO:

www.usplabsdirect.com/pinkmagic

referenced research and all...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danggg Borobulker - MAD PROPS!!!!!!!!!!

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
finished my bottle of pm.....idk about test boosting cause i didnt get bloodwork....but the vascularity is more than advertised....Think all the hype and possibilities of a product like NO2 black, but one that actually works take PM with meals and by second week ull notice bigger, and new veins u havent seen before in arms, forarms, shoulders, lats and somewhere else!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
finished my bottle of pm.....idk about test boosting cause i didnt get bloodwork....but the vascularity is more than advertised....Think all the hype and possibilities of a product like NO2 black, but one that actually works take PM with meals and by second week ull notice bigger, and new veins u havent seen before in arms, forarms, shoulders, lats and somewhere else!
Thanks for sharing this info CG!

catcat

catcat

Awards
If Pink Magic raises cAMP, wouldn't that worsen hair loss?

I found this:

A relatively high concentration of cAMP may cause
premature termination of the growing stages of hair follicles. Repetition of such
processes over several years presumably transforms terminal follicles to vellus-
type follicles and ultimately causes baldness. The diverse biologic effects of
cAMP are mediated through activation of a family of protein kinases, which
consist of a regulatory (R) and a catalytic (C) subunit; and when bound,
these kinases are not active. Cyclic AMP binds to the R subunit, (a binding
protein) for cAMP and subsequently releases the C subunit to form an active
enzyme. Therefore, the more cAMP available in the androgen-sensitive hair
follicles, the stronger the activation of the protein kinase. An increase in
cAMP concentrations in hair follicles would produce diverse effects on
various enzymes and reaction pathways. Inhibition of glycolysis - by the
action of the active C subunit on the enzyme phosphofructokinase - decreases
the energy available for the cell to maintain its metabolic functions (Figure
9). The same active subunit effectively slows posttranslational protein
synthesis and interferes with cell cycles at the C1 and S phases.36 These
combined effects of high cAMP concentrations could result in premature
completion of the anagen stage; and this, in turn, could yield follicles that are
thinner and shorter than those of normal terminal hair.35 Apparently, the
differences in sensitivities for androgens of various types of hair follicles reside
in the cAMP protein-kinase system

it wont let me post the link, but if you google "cAMP hair loss" its the first link

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Pink Magic raises cAMP, wouldn't that worsen hair loss?

I found this:

A relatively high concentration of cAMP may cause
premature termination of the growing stages of hair follicles. Repetition of such
processes over several years presumably transforms terminal follicles to vellus-
type follicles and ultimately causes baldness. The diverse biologic effects of
cAMP are mediated through activation of a family of protein kinases, which
consist of a regulatory (R) and a catalytic (C) subunit; and when bound,
these kinases are not active. Cyclic AMP binds to the R subunit, (a binding
protein) for cAMP and subsequently releases the C subunit to form an active
enzyme. Therefore, the more cAMP available in the androgen-sensitive hair
follicles, the stronger the activation of the protein kinase. An increase in
cAMP concentrations in hair follicles would produce diverse effects on
various enzymes and reaction pathways. Inhibition of glycolysis - by the
action of the active C subunit on the enzyme phosphofructokinase - decreases
the energy available for the cell to maintain its metabolic functions (Figure
9). The same active subunit effectively slows posttranslational protein
synthesis and interferes with cell cycles at the C1 and S phases.36 These
combined effects of high cAMP concentrations could result in premature
completion of the anagen stage; and this, in turn, could yield follicles that are
thinner and shorter than those of normal terminal hair.35 Apparently, the
differences in sensitivities for androgens of various types of hair follicles reside
in the cAMP protein-kinase system

it wont let me post the link, but if you google "cAMP hair loss" its the first link
Thank you for the post. The causes of hair loss are diverse, and some of the most prominent expositions indicate the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone as an important element, quite apart from links to hereditary considerations and metabolic imbalance. The first sentence in the text you quoted suggests chronically high concentrations of cAMP might presumably induce hair loss after a significant passage of time. Here, it is important to draw a distinction between an acute increase in cAMP and a chronic elevation. The former is an important part of metabolic response, while the latter suggests a dysfunctional metabolic state. Changes in the level of cAMP induce amplified metabolic effects that stretch to specific gene-transcriptional responses. As a consequence, the body has developed an intricate regulatory mechanism to modulate cAMP synthesis and metabolism to avoid chronic elevations of the molecule. In other words, the body usually triggers a set of negative feedback and inhibitory mechanisms that regulate chronic cellular cAMP expression. Considering that Pink Magic should support acute, not chronic, cAMP expression, therefore, the risks for hair loss, in the sense of the text you quoted, are insignificant during Pink Magic supplementation.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you LOVE Pink Magic alone my friend YOU NEED STACK with TNA........... but for now is gone for good.

I`m in my last week of TNA+ PM i used for mantain my lean mass due and injury but man this is the word..........Magic!!!!

B

bentbar40

Awards
I am on day 5 and like others, I have changed nothing about my diet or lifestyle so as to not manipulate the outcome. I have seen absolutely nothing so far. Vascularity, pump, libido nothing different. Probably being a little impatient but I've seen lots of posts where guys are experiencing significant effects in 2-3 days. Not getting that here.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am on day 5 and like others, I have changed nothing about my diet or lifestyle so as to not manipulate the outcome. I have seen absolutely nothing so far. Vascularity, pump, libido nothing different. Probably being a little impatient but I've seen lots of posts where guys are experiencing significant effects in 2-3 days. Not getting that here.

Easy and you will see!

B

bentbar40

Awards
Still nothing - day 7. Pretty good workout but nothing I would explain as anything other than just a good day in the gym. I was hoping to at least get the benefits I got from Drive. Not even that so far.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Generally speaking, has anyone gotten blood work done while taking test enhancing supps?

B

bentbar40

Awards
Good question but I have not. Probably a good idea but not something we don't normally think of doing unless we feel negative side effects as with androgenic or anabolic substances. On RPM/Drive stack, i felt like I was 14 again. Thought I might have to call that toll free priapism number. Last thing on my mind was a distressed liver. Pink Magic has been dissapointing so far.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think blood work should be the standard, from which to appropriately measure efficacy of these products, how they impact physical enhancement, not just libido enhancement, which is great, but I think overall we're looking for athletic performance enhancement, at the very least I should say that is the most important factor to me, when deciding on whether or not I should purchase this type of supplement.

B

bentbar40

Awards
I agree. I've never bought a supplement to help me with my sex life, but when it promises libido enhancement, and you start to see signs of that, you are much more encouraged to believe it will do the other things it promised. At least with things that claimed to be made with natural substances. Are you the same southpaw from SE?

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. I've never bought a supplement to help me with my sex life, but when it promises libido enhancement, and you start to see signs of that, you are much more encouraged to believe it will do the other things it promised. At least with things that claimed to be made with natural substances. Are you the same southpaw from SE?
Understandable, libido and muscle enhancement/sports performance aren't necessarily synonymous. I base decisions solely on science, and not pseudo-science, meaning something worked in-vitro or simply in rats, but I see where you're coming from. And the same southpaw from where...SE? I'm on a boxing website with southpaw as my handle.