U.S. Marine DEP recruit training advice

Johnny Cash

Awards
Hello, I've been lurking and reading while I lift for the past 5 years or so, and just now decided to join because I have some important questions.

I just received my order of Pink Magic, Prime and P-Slin and would like any advice USP staff or experienced members might have to incorporate this as I prepare for Parris Island in October.

A little background: for the past 4 years I've cycled all sorts of products as responsibly as possible. Pretty much everything except any real PH's or active hormones, just natural potentiators/AIs/what have you. However I was only concerned with bulking and always carried a decent amount of fat around. I lifted as hard as I could, ate like a pig and never did any cardio. This led me to getting reasonably strong but weighing about 220 @ almost 20% bf (I am 5'11"). As of this past November when I started talking to the Marine Corps, I began dieting and morning fasted cardio, long story short I'm now 179lbs @ about 11%bf according to a plastic caliper.

Every summer I usually have a stack of supplements that I like to run from June through end of August, usually built around AIs and test boosters. This time around I obviously have to re-think this a little bit. It seems kitchen-sink products like Diesel Test work, but are "messy" and end up causing me to retain water and not burn fat that well. I was always able to take upwards of 200mg/day of 6-bromo and have no libido or mood issues. I assume this is because of my previously fat ass having lots of natural aromatase. Just a week ago, being early June, I started this again but interestingly, I can't take more than 50mg without feeling like complete ****. I tried adding some old-school MassFX (SHBG inhibitor) and yes it works, but I also felt like that added water and made my cardio performance worse. What I've done for now, is open capsules of AN's Drive, tamp down the powder, and add approximately 12.5mg of 6-Bromo. Taking these modified caps 3 times/day and that seems to feel alright. 4 is borderline, and anything more I just don't care about anything.

I am looking to:

- lose more fat, 8% is nice
- modest lean gains/toning/strength conditioning
- increase cardio performance
- not have any health/cardio/endo issues come October when I go to basic.

I would like to do the above, with any of these supplements, or any others I don't have for that matter:

Pink Magic
Prime
1-carboxy
AN Drive
6-bromo
original 2nd-gen MassFX (before the white button mushroom extract)
DS Lean Xtreme
P-Slin
AP
NP Yellow Gold powder
Scivation sesamin caps
TTA-500 (only take these as damage control for bad meals)

I regularly use other staples such as multivitamin packets, fish oil, BCAAs, whey/egg/casein protein, and of course SuperCissus RX year round.

Diet:

Morning
Usually consists of 3 whole eggs (egglands best) and 2 slices of ezekiel bread with a glass of skim and some BCAAs. Every morning I try to run 1.5 miles immediately after eating. I was doing fasted cardio previously to get the bulk of the fat off.

Late morning
Usually just almonds, I eat a **** ton of these things. Otherwise some black beans. Water/fish oil.

Lunch
Handfuls of spinach leaves and/or broccoli. Sometimes more eggs, otherwise chicken or tuna. Little to none on the mayo. More whole grain bread.

Pre-wo
4 Whole eggs, 1 cup large chunk chicken salad with almost no mayo, 2 slices whole grain bread.

Post-wo
2 scoops (42g) 12-hour Dymatize protein.

If late night, I just take some ZMK and hit the sack. Otherwise I'll eat more chicken/beans/nuts.

I've never had super strict portion control and logging when it comes to diet, but that obviously needs to happen yesterday. For workouts recently I've been doing a modified 5x5 with box jump/pullup supersets thrown in.

Cliff Notes:
I'm 179lbs @ about 11%bf. I ship off to basic with the Marine Corps in 4 months. I can do 20 pullups if I have enough carbs in me, 72 situps so far, and the 3mile in 20 minutes (more improvement to be made here). I have Pink Magic, Prime, and lots of other supps including AIs that I would like to use to assist in burning additional fat and attaining as much cardio performance and strength as possible without gaining much weight. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems like 10lbs of additional lean mass would be, while awesome, just slowing me down. I welcome any and all ideas from USP staff and experienced members. The AIs might be a bad idea at this point considering I've already dumped so much fat. It's just always seemed like a good idea to me to build around that. I've read the workout procedures in the Pink Magic manual, but it seems like this might make me gain too much weight. An interesting situation to be in, I love being big, but I need to be fast and have endurance.

I know the beta period is over, but if USP wants me to run some sort of a detailed log I most certainly have the time and the resources for it.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

theforesaken1

Awards
Hey bro, just letting you know you got a brother here in Marine DEP also, im leaving July 19th (as long as my DWI charges get dropped, so far im discharged). I used to be a decently big guy, 215lbs, but the Marines made me drop it. I'm down to 173lbs now. Wait until after boot to try bulking back up, because no matter what, Marine boot is going to make you lose EVERYTHING! IMO it's a waste to put in all that hard work just to lose it in those 13 weeks anyway. Good luck bro, stay outta trouble because its ****ing me over as of now!

**Edit
Sorry man didn't read the last part, you aren't trying to bulk. The AIs you're thinking of adding i dont think will help burn fat unless you have high levels of estrogen causing fat deposition. They might actually hurt your endurance, due to fragile joints/pain and possibly elevated BP/heart issues. I Would also like to add that the use of supplements may in fact be a detrimental factor at this point. In boot you're allowed to take nothing at all, not even a protein bar. Getting your body used to stimulants and endurance aids may be your downfall when it comes down to the demanding cardio that the Marines require without the help of such things. As of now i believe you should be focusing on keeping your body as natural as possible, because that's all you'll have during boot. Your D.I.s will teach you to use your mind to your advantage, and that you can push through obstacles with the help of your brothers in arms. Your running seems spot on bro, perfect PFT score is 3 miles in 18min, and you're close already. -Semper Fidelis

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck to both of you in Marine Corps bootcamp.

Which Recuit Depot will you be visiting? I was born on the Island!

Also just as a tip of advice i wouldnt use Semper Fi or Oorah or anything "Marine" related until you become a Marine, only for the sake of saving ur ass! :sgrin:

BUT you will make it and you will come out a Marine! Good luck my future brothers and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Ummm... i heard that marines work for semen.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Oops i mean seamen!

theforesaken1

Awards
Good luck to both of you in Marine Corps bootcamp.

Which Recuit Depot will you be visiting? I was born on the Island!

Also just as a tip of advice i wouldnt use Semper Fi or Oorah or anything "Marine" related until you become a Marine, only for the sake of saving ur ass! :sgrin:

BUT you will make it and you will come out a Marine! Good luck my future brothers and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Thanks man, I've always heard that actually. Gotta earn the title before i can use "Marine jargon". Ill be going to MCRDPI on July 19th. Well, i will as long as my recruiter starts acting like a man and admit he was wrong for wrongfully throwing me out of DEP. I was thrown out a few days ago, and he refuses to answer or return my phone calls. all i ever wanted was to be a Marine, so hopefully he thinks twice about throwing one hell of a motivated recruit out for nothing!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im on the Marine base right next to PI so goodluck. Do you know what company your supposed to pick up with at PI if your able to go?

Johnny Cash

Awards
Thanks for all responses so far. I'll be hitting Parris Island in October.

Best of luck theforsaken1, trouble always needs to be dealt with at some point but as long as you are solid to the core, a good recruiter should see this in you and act accordingly. Not all recruiters are alike and you may consider seeing another if things have stalled out. Just be sure to disclose your full story.

As for the supplements, I understand exactly what you're talking about. However it is my educated theory that time spent on natural potentiators is good for you; not only because of the pure muscle growths made while on, but during that time you've avoided age-related decline and cell death, as well as been in an extended state of greater performance and natural androgen production. So even if you return completely to pre-cycle baseline a month or two after stopping, you should still be in better endocrine and general health than if you never ran the cycle. This of course involves your point, which I think is also important, being that you need to get used to being natural. I plan on having about a full two months of totally natural training and impeccable diet before going to basic, after running these non-exogenous hormone supps.

Make sense? I'd be more than happy to elaborate on this.

Anyway, getting into the details, I'm only on my 4th dose of Pink Magic/Prime now and all I can say is holy f.uck. I'm getting better thermogenesis, revved-up HPTA, better mood, strength, everything....without the palpable cardio load that massive piles of AIs and SHBG inhibitors used to give me (which I guess is why they are so conducive to bulking/powerlift plans rather than overall athleticism). As I previously stated, I started experimenting with modified low doses of 6-bromo and Drive 2 weeks ago. Being very careful, because 6-Bromo is so powerful, I've now started tapering that dosage after seeing how effective PM is with Prime. I felt the initial effects start to come on almost immediately on the first PM dose, and on that day dropped 6-br to 12.5mg, 12 hours apart each with one cap of Drive. That was saturday. Now I'm still taking the two caps of Drive every 12hr but only the morning dose has 12.5mg 6-br in it. If I still feel fine I'll drop the 6-br in a few more days and stick with the 2 caps Drive for the rest of the PM run (I like the Icariin, cordyceps and forksolin in it).

I know this is long but details are vital to making educated decisions, and I would have never been able to learn so much over the years if others had not done the same. Thanks for looking.

theforesaken1

Awards
Thanks for all responses so far. I'll be hitting Parris Island in October.

Best of luck theforsaken1, trouble always needs to be dealt with at some point but as long as you are solid to the core, a good recruiter should see this in you and act accordingly. Not all recruiters are alike and you may consider seeing another if things have stalled out. Just be sure to disclose your full story.

As for the supplements, I understand exactly what you're talking about. However it is my educated theory that time spent on natural potentiators is good for you; not only because of the pure muscle growths made while on, but during that time you've avoided age-related decline and cell death, as well as been in an extended state of greater performance and natural androgen production. So even if you return completely to pre-cycle baseline a month or two after stopping, you should still be in better endocrine and general health than if you never ran the cycle. This of course involves your point, which I think is also important, being that you need to get used to being natural. I plan on having about a full two months of totally natural training and impeccable diet before going to basic, after running these non-exogenous hormone supps.

Make sense? I'd be more than happy to elaborate on this.

Anyway, getting into the details, I'm only on my 4th dose of Pink Magic/Prime now and all I can say is holy f.uck. I'm getting better thermogenesis, revved-up HPTA, better mood, strength, everything....without the palpable cardio load that massive piles of AIs and SHBG inhibitors used to give me (which I guess is why they are so conducive to bulking/powerlift plans rather than overall athleticism). As I previously stated, I started experimenting with modified low doses of 6-bromo and Drive 2 weeks ago. Being very careful, because 6-Bromo is so powerful, I've now started tapering that dosage after seeing how effective PM is with Prime. I felt the initial effects start to come on almost immediately on the first PM dose, and on that day dropped 6-br to 12.5mg, 12 hours apart each with one cap of Drive. That was saturday. Now I'm still taking the two caps of Drive every 12hr but only the morning dose has 12.5mg 6-br in it. If I still feel fine I'll drop the 6-br in a few more days and stick with the 2 caps Drive for the rest of the PM run (I like the Icariin, cordyceps and forksolin in it).

I know this is long but details are vital to making educated decisions, and I would have never been able to learn so much over the years if others had not done the same. Thanks for looking.
Seems to me like you already know what you're doing man. You got it down correctly. I should have clarified myself, i should have said that you shouldn't run these supps up until the day that you leave. Then again, there is also the psychological factor in taking these kinds of supplements. High T levels are linked to increased risky behavior and alpha male feeling(may also change brain chemistry). It may become a psychological dependence that you can't push through workouts without the extra aggression due to higher T levels from your supplement usage. Workouts may become sluggish and unmotivated(after discontinuation) until you prove to yourself again that you can achieve your goals naturally. This is all my speculation, everyone is different, im not saying you will be one of these people but i've been some people like this. its like "once you lift on steroids, you never wanna lift without" type deal. Addiction is addiction, whether it be physical addiction or mental addiction to the crazy results you are achieving that you could never do naturally...either case, quitting an addiction can be extremely difficult for some.

Well anyway, 2 months is more then adequate time to have your hormones return to normal. I could be wrong, but i think it only takes 2-3 weeks for T:E ratio to return to normal from chemicals such as ATD or bromo. The half life is short(for both), and i think absorption into the bloodstream is a bit of a gamble(ATD only). Again, you are using the other supps correctly also. You must adjust your body slowly to these products unless you wanna risk your health. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you Cash?

Johnny Cash

Awards
I'm 27, been doing these summer runs since I was 23. The first year I wasn't so sure what to expect, and I wasn't prepared for what happens when you transiently boost levels like that. However, with the huge difference in my condition now, I'd venture to say that how I feel when off now is better than I felt while on, for the first year. Also, the combination I'm running now is the mildest ever when it comes to T levels. If I were to disregard everything else and throw in a ton of 6-br, divanil, 1-c, etc I'd get a massive boost but always be out of breath and have a decent increase in blood pressure. That's not what I'm looking for this time around.

When I made the first post, I had just received my PM/prime and didn't know what to expect yet. I'd always been under the assumption that I needed some form of estrogen control if T was ever touched in the slightest way. This may have been true in the past, but now that I'm not carrying around so much garbage weight things are drastically different. I should probably post pics and measurements at some point so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Still, if someone from USP wants to jump in and have me log a certain type of training, I'd be more than happy to. Otherwise I'll just start my own. I will not stop until there is blood on the ceiling. Mediocrity is not an option.

bigneum

Awards
yea whatever you put on now you will lose in boot camp because of how little you eat and how much you run, maybe someday i will run into you at camp pendleton or something. Good Luck, its long but not as hard as people make it up to be.