Carpee's back to Recomping A-stack and TNA included

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Well, well....

I will keep this short and sweet and basically get right into it.
It is back to recomping.

Diet:
~2700 calories. Clean 90% of the time.
Ezekiel bread and Oats are mostly in play for carbs.
Chicken and beef combos. Don't need to touch too much on this...it's in check :AR15firing:

Supps:
Prime - 69 protocol
Powerfull - 5 daily / 1 day off
1-Carboxy - when powerfull is through
AP - as needed
P-slin - as needed
TNA - 3 twice daily / 1 day off
Recreate - 2-3 per day

Into the interesting part....Growth Stimulus Training.
There is a great article on it here by 2020wellness. Definitely struck me a few months ago, and I'm finally putting it to use.

4 days:
Monday- Squat
Tuesday- Pull
Thursday- Lift
Friday- Press

I'm two days into the routine, but mostly this week I'm using the platform and kind've choosing the exercises I'm going to roll with.

So far its been:
Squats:
Main lift- BB squat
Secondary- BB lunges
Secondary- front squat (heels raised on plates)

Pull:
Main lift: BB rows
Secondary: medium grip lat pull downs
Secondary: seated cables

Tomorrow will decide on the deadlift and press days...
So consider next week the first official week with movements set in stone for the first macrocycle.

I believe that is it for now...just trying to get things started up. I'll post right after this about tonights workout, and comment on the supps cuz its off the hook!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IM IN!!!

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I'll be watching. I'm gearing up for a big USP run of my own here in another month or so.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am so in, thanks for the invite Carpee.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Stack bro!!! I love Prime, next time I use prime I'm gonna do 12-15 caps a day:O lol

Can't wait to see how you like TNA!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lookit all these night owls.. :yawn:

can an early-riser join the fray? :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, I'm running pretty much the same thing, just watch the agression on TNA, it packs quite a kick. I was raging last night.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lookit all these night owls.. :yawn:

can an early-riser join the fray? :D
the fray...arent they some sort of sappy pop group? lol Jk

The stack of yours is off the chain bro. As long as that diet stays intact and training intense. This log is going to get SICK!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
in fact, they are.. :biglaugh:
bring you such current popular songs as 'You Found Me' and 'How To Save A life'. :rolleyes:

okay that wasn't my inspiration for the word, just so you know.. :squint:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am in let's see what you can do with this.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Nice Stack bro!!! I love Prime, next time I use prime I'm gonna do 12-15 caps a day:O lol

Can't wait to see how you like TNA!
I wanted to get up to 12 this time, but with TNA in the mix I just didn't wanna waste it. Probably woulda been insane though.

I will admit with Prime at 9 caps, Powerfull, Jack3d, and TNA, these first two workouts have been nothing short of incredible. The heaviest weight seems to move itself haha.

I think over the summer I'm gonna try some different calorie/macro cycles with high dosed prime.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm running pretty much the same thing, just watch the agression on TNA, it packs quite a kick. I was raging last night.
Yea it sure does. The workouts have been great so far though. The strength is just there.

I'm supposed to calculate my rep ranges off of my 1 rep max, and every lift the weight has been too light. That is a good thing!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established

The stack of yours is off the chain bro. As long as that diet stays intact and training intense. This log is going to get SICK!
The diet will be in tact.

Any cheats will be strategic and most definitely preceded by some Recreate an some P-slin

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to throw in I'll be using Jack3d. 1-2 scoops, hopefully never up to 3. And of course, the basics: whey, fish oil, mono...

Wanted to comment on last nights workout here before class.

Main lift: BB rows
Secondary: medium grip pulldowns
Secondary: seated cable rows

The rows were insane. After my warm up I had on 165. The calculations given said I should do this for 8 reps...but I ended up using 185 for 8 reps as my working sets. Solid form, not jerking up through the air, but squeezing the back and bis all the way through the pull.

I can't help but attribute the supp list in this area. The strength was on the same level as some of the heavier stuff I've been lifting. The cable rows at the end were even getting easier :silly:
With the secondary movements, the last set is As Many Reps as Possible. The very last set of my workout, with the seated cables I ended up knocking out like 14 reps at the same weight i was doing 10 reps. Not too bad after an entire beastly pull scheme.

Day 3 today, an off day. May go do a little cardio.

I'm really excited for everyone whos in on this log so far. It's definitely an all-star USPlabs fanatic line-up.

I'm also really excited for this stack, the A-stack is unreal in itself..but the TNA is just astronomical.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The diet will be in tact.

Any cheats will be strategic and most definitely preceded by some Recreate an some P-slin
That's the way it's done...:AR15firing:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NOICE!!!!!!!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I'm open to discussion about any other 4 days splits/routines...

Just in the event that I do not continue with the GST.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds good bro! one thing i would maybe add into it is ZMA at night unless u sleep like a baby already

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Still have a little debating to do, but seriously considering finishing out today and tomorrow with the GST split....and starting the Freak workout Monday.

It just looks like a fun and diverse little schematic

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still have a little debating to do, but seriously considering finishing out today and tomorrow with the GST split....and starting the Freak workout Monday.

It just looks like a fun and diverse little schematic
Caveate on month 3 of the Freak... damn near killed me last year, too much volume for that much heavy lifting. A lot to the sets are 3X10 then 3X8/6/4, I thing the 3 X 8/6/4 is sufficient. I will do it again this summer, but with that adjustment. Oh and frequency on this routine is too much also 4 times a week is enough.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Caveate on month 3 of the Freak... damn near killed me last year, too much volume for that much heavy lifting. A lot to the sets are 3X10 then 3X8/6/4, I thing the 3 X 8/6/4 is sufficient. I will do it again this summer, but with that adjustment. Oh and frequency on this routine is too much also 4 times a week is enough.
hmm true.

Honestly I just enjoy when squats and deads are coupled with something else for the day. The all squat and all dead day just kills....in a good way.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it is an intense schematic, for sure -- designed to be such! ;)

of course, one can alter any given program to their own parameters, but first time thru I'd advise doing it just as it's written.

you give this program everything you got physically and mentally, along with your chosen supps in play, keep the diet in tune..I guarantee you BIG results. :yup:

yes carp, I begin mine Monday. :hammer:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
man, you fellaz are supportive.

i'm gonna give it another read through this weekend and make a final decision. I do like the mixed up exercises...that's my style

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is an intense schematic, for sure -- designed to be such! ;)

of course, one can alter any given program to their own parameters, but first time thru I'd advise doing it just as it's written.

you give this program everything you got physically and mentally, along with your chosen supps in play, keep the diet in tune..I guarantee you BIG results. :yup:

yes carp, I begin mine Monday. :hammer:
Then I must have missed something somewhere cuz I'm telling you I was so overtrained, I was convinced that an natural athlete could not complete this routine as stated. Maybe I went too intense but it just didn't make sense to do that much volume with that kind of frequency. Even at 4 days with that volume a completely broke down. I had my trainees ready to quit.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then I must have missed something somewhere cuz I'm telling you I was so overtrained, I was convinced that an natural athlete could not complete this routine as stated. Maybe I went too intense but it just didn't make sense to do that much volume with that kind of frequency. Even at 4 days with that volume a completely broke down. I had my trainees ready to quit.
Those were my thoughts the last time I read it... even with the Asteroid stack in play that just seems like an insane volume. If all I had to do was lift/eat/sleep repeat then yes I would be game but I have to make it to work without looking like I wrestled a bull for fun, LOL.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the idea is to overtrain - to a point.
each scheme has built-in recovery points..
and really, to me, there's not much volume. yes, it is 6 days/week at some points (inc the last month), but that is like a regular training regime to me anyway, as I only take 1 or 2 days totally off.

I'm telling ya, you push yourself thru that, beyond your sticking points, beyond your fatigue - I stand by my guarantee you will be pleased with the results.

overtraining to a certain level is actually a good thing every once in awhile. with these supps in play, recovery should be sufficient and repair quick enough to keep you rocking. ;)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
the idea is to overtrain - to a point.
each scheme has built-in recovery points..
and really, to me, there's not much volume. yes, it is 6 days/week at some points (inc the last month), but that is like a regular training regime to me anyway, as I only take 1 or 2 days totally off.

I'm telling ya, you push yourself thru that, beyond your sticking points, beyond your fatigue - I stand by my guarantee you will be pleased with the results.

overtraining to a certain level is actually a good thing every once in awhile. with these supps in play, recovery should be sufficient and repair quick enough to keep you rocking. ;)
You've put into words my philosophy over the past year or so.
As soon as I tried HST for the first time, everything changed. I started switching it up a little more after HST, my most recent was the push/pull routine with a setup like this:
M- Push + squat
T- Pull + deadlift
Th- Push + squat
F- Pull + deadlift

I was doing everything 2 times a week, but semi low volume each session...playing it by feel. Also keeping the rep ranges, rest times, exercises in rotations.

I tried to fatigue myself...moreso tried to train in ways that I felt would ignite new growth. Some days I would feel week with my pull movements, but my deadlifts were on fire...other days the squats were weak, but my incline bench would shoot up, or I would do more reps with a weight I didn't think I could.

Its not like Mondays I was doing 5x5 with squats and then squatting again Thursday...not that insane.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
deadlift night

forgot to snap a pic of my dinner, but if you get bored with the chicken or beef, get some reduced fat cheddar and some salsa....taco no tortilla haha.

the reduced fat cheddar adds about 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup and only 45 cals.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
deadlift night

forgot to snap a pic of my dinner, but if you get bored with the chicken or beef, get some reduced fat cheddar and some salsa....taco no tortilla haha.

the reduced fat cheddar adds about 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup and only 45 cals.
Damn man, I need to start reading the cheese labels, I miss that more than carbs! Getting me some freaking low fat cheese ASAP. Good man Carpee, reps to you.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Damn man, I need to start reading the cheese labels, I miss that more than carbs! Getting me some freaking low fat cheese ASAP. Good man Carpee, reps to you.
thanks bro.

I definitely have to have some cheese. The reduced fat is great, its pretty much just extra protein (9g) barely an carbs (2g) and zero g fat per 1/4 cup.

makes the world of difference too.....that cheesy goodness

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Great workout today.
Press workout:
main: incline barbell 3x8 175
supplementary: military press 4x10 85 (slowed down movement; AMRAP~12)
supplementary: dips 3x10 (last set AMRAP~14 reps)

snapped a quick pick before I did 15 mins on the stationary bike.

still hopping back in forth in my debate of GST and the Freak workout. I'll make the final decision this weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit whatever you want and we will be here to root you on!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Third meal today

8 oz. chicken breast
1/4 cup fat free cheddar
3 packets Taco bell sauce, bringin' this back haha
3 slices whole wheat, some jelly

Welp, a little bit going on. 1) not too happy about the healthcare crap. 2) stuff going on personally with the girl....

On to Monday's training:

Squats 315x6 x 3
Front squats - 3 sets 15 reps
Single leg press - 3 sets 15 reps

Felt alright, didn't get as much sleep last night. Got it done though, legs feel like jello haha. Noticing lately alot of recomping going on. I'm getting into that groove where I can see changes daily. The A-stack has my muscles feeling fuller all day long, while losing body fat. Just what I wanted :smirk:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not too happy about the healthcare crap.
unbelievable. :sick:
stuff going on personally with the girl....
uggh, sorry to hear bro.
Noticing lately alot of recomping going on. I'm getting into that groove where I can see changes daily. The A-stack has my muscles feeling fuller all day long, while losing body fat. Just what I wanted :smirk:
well at least we leave on a positive note. :wavey:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love to see the TB sauce making it back in to your logs!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man TB sauce is good stuff! I love how the A stack keeps you full looking even when cutting. Yeah the Healthcare thing is a little bit screwey to say the least.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Man TB sauce is good stuff! I love how the A stack keeps you full looking even when cutting. Yeah the Healthcare thing is a little bit screwey to say the least.
TB sauce is just a great little way to keep chicken tasty.

No doubt the A-stack is allowing me to use the nutrients to truly recomp my body.

and the healthcare :AR15firing:

man, i try to watch my mouth but i seriously yelled F*CK You when Obama signed that beotch into law. fundamentally transforming America, my ass

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and the healthcare :AR15firing:

man, i try to watch my mouth but i seriously yelled F*CK You when Obama signed that beotch into law. fundamentally transforming America, my ass
I am saying the hell away from this one.. haha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
HaHa, even Casey isn't broaching that and he is on Pink Magic. All kinds of Alpha Male. LOL

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Hahah couldn't get the healthcare hatin' going.

Anyway last nights pull workout:

Main: BB Rows 2x6 (205 lbs) 1x10 (205 lbs) 1x6 (225 lbs)
secondary: medium grip Lat pull downs
secondary: seated cable rows

UNREAL. The BB rows got easier as I moved up in weight. The last set in GST calls for As Many Reps As Possible. I popped out 10 reps at 205 and just didn't feel accomplished. I had to throw on 225, so I did. I laid down a nice finishing set of 6 reps.

I love this stack.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Supp comments:
Jack3d: Love the TFP flavor, have been staying under 2 scoops and workouts are still intense.
AP: not too much too add to what everyone knows, this stuff rules. I would like to run it year round.
Powerfull: dosed with jack3d preworkout is truly amazing. Dreams are getting unreal too, but in a good way.
Prime: still a classic. DOMS is definitely nowhere where it could be. Thinking of stepping up to 11 Prime on squat and deadlift days.
TNA: I can't put my finger on it...but its intense to say the least. My strength and aggression are climbing. Fortunately I'm able to harness the aggression and keep it in the gym.
Recreate: I love running this with AP while recomping. The combo definitely is key in this process.