SNAGged and TORN..No More! (The Saga Continues)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay, part two to this journey..part one can be found here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/139018-snagged-torn-mending.html

So, after a lil hiatus from weights (@ 10 days) during which I focused on pilates and a bit of cardio, hit the wheels yesterday for the first session of the year..it was on! Did some pre-fatigue work (leg extension/leg curl ss, 5x) before moving to BB squats (255x12, 5x) and finished with calf work. Was a nice session - legs are very tender this morning! :D

For those who didn't follow the first thread (nor want to now), part one detailed my progress coming back from a torn meniscus. No issues now (hence, the 'No More!' name of the thread), and I feel 100% physically and mentally, ready to roll.

I won't be doing a day-by-day training journal this time around, just some entries here & there with info I deem share-worthy. The first part of 'rehab' was just to get in the groove again, heal up, and tighten up for a couple live demos I had kicking off the new year..to that end, I think everything went as well as could be expected. Diet-wise, I dropped cals down to @2600 at the very end, and weight fell to just below 194 on the 1st. Since then, it's a change in philosophy: I've rearranged my macros (55/30/15 C-P-F), doubled the calories (5k daily, clean!), and set out to get my grow on! :cool: To this end, I have brought AP, Pslin and Prime back into play, along with hi-dosing resveratrol (2g daily) and glutamine (10g, 4x daily - I've got 5lbs of this laying around, figured I'd put it to use while I'm off BCAA's for awhile). Also, will put Recreate in play while I keep the cals up, as I'll be very conscious of adding any unwanted weight. Already up to 198.5 this morning, feeling like a house and still very tight. Will insert some pics as we go along, but I have to get a few weight sessions in me first! :p

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the ride.. I guess I"m the first. I get so many good ideas from these threads...

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm second up to the plate!! Subbed to this one fo sho!!

Now that you're "Torn No More", you can go full speed ahead and damn those torpedoes!!! :rocketwhore:

Okay, that's not a torpedo, but you get the idea!!! :icon_lol:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see your continuing with high dose resveritrol, I have been thinking of making this more of a staple. From what I am reading about it that is something that people are doing.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you always find me DW! :wave:
yeah, I should send out some PM's to ppl, or advertise in other ppl's threads with my link :)poke:), but I'm not interested in doing that..if someone finds me, they find me..
tell ya what tho - I am incredibly refreshed and excited, ready to rock da house! I feel some good things getting ready taking place here..hella enthused to kick off this new year right! :approve:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see your continuing with high dose resveritrol, I have been thinking of making this more of a staple. From what I am reading about it that is something that people are doing.
yeah, my intent was to do this for 10-14 days, but I'm going to stretch it out a tad longer. had some digestive issues for about 4 days, which I have to attribute to this. IMO, I think it is best to graduate to the hi-dosing, over a period of a couple days. there's no doubt tho, something to this..I feel pretty incredible right now.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Resveratrol looks to be one of last decade's leading supplemental discoveries. There's a plethora of benefits stimming from this supp. I've been dosing 1/2 to 1 gram everyday for months now. I'm thinking of just staying on. There's no bad sides to this one.

We maturing athletes need something like this to keep estrogen at bay. Especially with all the xeno-estrogens found in plastics and in our food and water supplies.
Resveratrol is also good for cholesterol levels, blood pressure, libido, etc......

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to this one Snag, good to hear you are all healed up and ready to rock. Always great info in your threads and new ways to utilize the USP product line.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Resveratrol looks to be one of this decade's leading supplemental discoveries. There's a plethora of benefits stimming from this supp. I've been dosing 1/2 to 1 gram everyday for months now. I'm thinking of just staying on. There's no bad sides to this one.

We maturing athletes need something like this to keep estrogen at bay. Especially with all the xeno-estrogens found in plastics and in our food and water supplies.
Resveratrol is also good for cholesterol levels, blood pressure, libido, etc......
yessir. I'm a relative newcomer to this one, and this is my first time with such hi-dosing..I used this for an anti-E last spring, but was doing about 1/3 of what I'm doing now. the intent this time is a true natty test-boost. I've got some ISA-TEST GF in reserve for when I finish this resV run, and I'll bring back PowerFULL as well for a nice lil 1-2 punch at that time (couple weeks down the road).

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this one Snag, good to hear you are all healed up and ready to rock. Always great info in your threads and new ways to utilize the USP product line.
thx Fin. been seeing a few of your posts here & there, looks like you are putting together your own playbook rather well! ;)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Snag. I have a plan that I am working on right now to get leaned up and down to a better fighting weight (not really fighting, just want to be lean and mean). It is nice that there are quite a few great deals that happened in the last month to help put together my stacks for this. I cannot wait to do a serious run with OEP after my results with the VIP bottle, great stuff. Have you ran any yet or plan to in the future?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I deem this share-worthy: hella shoulder session this morning, tossing weights around like toys! :D (got inspired by some Rocky music too - how can you have a bad workout with that in your ear?)
crushed seated military for 5 sets, finishing at 185x6.
next up, 3 sets rotating plate raise x4 (grip 45lb plate on sides, lift to front/then to side/then to other side=1 rep).
seated DB laterals, 2x12
bent raises, 2x10
BB shrugs, 3x12
6 sets abs (2 sets each of 3 different exercises)

dem shoulders look like boulders! :yup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Snag. I have a plan that I am working on right now to get leaned up and down to a better fighting weight (not really fighting, just want to be lean and mean). It is nice that there are quite a few great deals that happened in the last month to help put together my stacks for this. I cannot wait to do a serious run with OEP after my results with the VIP bottle, great stuff. Have you ran any yet or plan to in the future?
work that plan of yours man! :)
there were some good deals going on for sure.
yeah I've run the OEP - beta-tested it a bit last summer and ran it a bit in my rehab to lean out. I like it; holding off on it for now, until I get beefed up a bit and ready to cut again (early to mid-February-ish)..altho I'm using Recreate right now (which is not a stim of course), I'm cycled off stim products at the moment.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just another day in the life of Snags.. (ho-hum)
let's kick off the first food pic of the yr with some color! oh, it's hella nutritious as well. ;)

6oz 96% lean beef
10oz sweet potato
1 whole egg
2 cups broccoli

@525 cals

Attachments

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
good to see ya again Carp. :wave:
hmm..I see I'm going to have to change my weight on my avi info - I feel small. :sad:

:biglaugh:
haha
don't worry man, 200 was when i had my bulked belly

its more like 185-190 these days,
but my 190 :burger: doesn't look like your 195 :clap2:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha
don't worry man, 200 was when i had my bulked belly

its more like 185-190 these days,
but my 190 :burger: doesn't look like your 195 :clap2:
:lol: that was funny man.

I still like that sig - my daughter is 14, and tho I've kept her away from myspace, she's a Facebook addict. :sigh:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
:lol: that was funny man.

I still like that sig - my daughter is 14, and tho I've kept her away from myspace, she's a Facebook addict. :sigh:
haha, it randomly clicked in my head one day, i had to use it

make sure you follow my recomp/cut log..starting it up today

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well..everyone seems to be cutting this time of yr, while I'm going the other way. of course, most ppl were 'bulking' thruout Thanksgiving & Christmas too, while I was tightening things up..guess I always like to go against the grain! :biglaugh:
I did want to expand a bit on something here this morning, re. my dieting philosophy. first off, I don't practice what I preach. (I hear gasps out there). in general, what I advise ppl in regards to their dietary intake when changing goals (i.e. lean bulk to cutting plan, recomp to cut, etc.) is smaller, gradual changes. too many ppl want to go from 3-4k cals daily, decide to cut, and chop things down to 2k cals/day right off the bat. the problem with doing such, in a nutshell, is that you then have very little room to maneuver those cals w/o digging into muscle stores..if you drop caloric intake too low, you're fat-loss will crawl to a standstill. same thing in reverse: until you know how your body responds to adding cals, I always recommend adding slowly, couple hundred cals at a time, maybe 500. always better to understand your body by trial & error, and small changes are less hectic on the body.
now..I said I don't practice what I preach - well, I fibbed a bit (just trying to get your attention). :)
from the face of it, going from 2600cals to 5k cals is not in line with this philosophy. and here's where things get murky: first of all, I didn't do that jump overnight, it was over a couple day period (altho I have done such jumps in the past, and will again). secondly, I've experimented with all kinds of caloric/macro structures and changes, and I've already learned how my body responds w/ the small, gradual changes (hence, my advice to ppl).
however, all that being said - I have always been fascinated by massive swings of the pendulum, everything from huge caloric changes, to macro changes, to supplement changes. sure, sometimes results have not been favorable (so I don't do that particular scheme again!), but I learn from it and try something else. but my body responds pretty well (insanely well sometimes) to huge swings of food intake among other things.
wanted to clarify that for two reasons - #1, since I am representing USPlabs, I don't want ppl to read into everything I do and go forward with the thought that 'this is what he recommends', because in this instance, I don't advise such.
and #2 (here it comes): OMG you guys, body changes off the freaking chain this morning! :D weight at 199.1 upon rising, solid, and I'm standing there after I got out of the shower this morning, y'know doing my hair & whatnot, and I had the urge to flex my legs..now, there have been very few times in my life where I've been pleased with my legs. and I'm not saying they're the best they've ever looked or anything like that, cuz they're not..but, man, I was pretty damn pleased with what I saw! the improvement from my last leg pic is just ridiculous. if the wife was around this morning I woulda had her take a pic, but you guys will just have to wait and see. I am feeling tremendously good and swole right now..in a very good place. :wiggle:
back to your regular programming..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice.. gotta love the big change/improvment, when you look in the mirror and there is no doubt about positive growth.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice.. gotta love the big change/improvment, when you look in the mirror and there is no doubt about positive growth.
yeah, I wish I could capture this formula in bottle!
maybe one day yet I'll perfect this technique..in the meantime, just enjoying the ride! :yup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lil pic of the legs, just got home from work.
now keep in mind, I've only done 2 weight training sessions (legs TUE, shoulders yesterday) since Christmas..the down time did a body good! :)
mad progress, here we come.

Attachments

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and..a lil pic of the meal I just demolished..one of my smaller (out of 9 today) meals these days. :D

5oz 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup black beans (I'm eating these like they're going outta style)
2 cups broccoli
1 piece Ezekiel toast

right around 430 cals.

Attachments

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you are talking is a good deal of carbs now Snag, must be tasty man! Going low carb now so I miss me some beans and bread.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are talking is a good deal of carbs now Snag, must be tasty man! Going low carb now so I miss me some beans and bread.
right around 650-675g daily! :006:
yeah, good times.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right around 650-675g daily! :006:
yeah, good times.
I could never get away with carb intake that high. I would smooth over instantly and start adding bodyweight like mad. I have to keep carbs very low just to stay relatively lean.

I'm glad you can enjoy them though, Snag. I know for sure that your strength will sky-rocket now. :yup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could never get away with carb intake that high. I would smooth over instantly and start adding bodyweight like mad. I have to keep carbs very low just to stay relatively lean.

I'm glad you can enjoy them though, Snag. I know for sure that your strength will sky-rocket now. :yup:
Yah snag handles them a lot better than guys like us.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ahaa, I don't know about that fellas..
two things - first, couldn't do it without utilizing AP/Pslin, that's a fact. as a former keto guy, thinking of consuming this amount prior to these compounds caused severe panic attacks! :lol:
and second, even with these in play, I can't keep that kind of intake up for an extended period of time, or it will accumulate where I don't want it to. my metabolism has to be 'set up' for these lean bulks, to pull it off.
but while I'm in the groove, oooooo, look out! :cool2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahaa, I don't know about that fellas..
two things - first, couldn't do it without utilizing AP/Pslin, that's a fact. as a former keto guy, thinking of consuming this amount prior to these compounds caused severe panic attacks! :lol:
and second, even with these in play, I can't keep that kind of intake up for an extended period of time, or it will accumulate where I don't want it to. my metabolism has to be 'set up' for these lean bulks, to pull it off.
but while I'm in the groove, oooooo, look out! :cool2:
Nutrient partitioning helps me to stategically add carbs into my diet, but I still have a very healthy fear for them... :eek5:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:eek5:
lol, that icon twitches like Tweak on South Park! :biglaugh:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nutrient partitioning helps me to stategically add carbs into my diet..
for sure. carbs most def have their place; a man's just gotta know his limitations. :yup:
for the record, about 1/3 of my daily carb intake occurs in the first 3hrs of the day: breakfast (which is also my preWO meal, 100-120g); immediately postWO (60g dextrose); and 30min postWO (another 50-60g or so, mostly complex).

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for sure. carbs most def have their place; a man's just gotta know his limitations. :yup:
for the record, about 1/3 of my daily carb intake occurs in the first 3hrs of the day: breakfast (which is also my preWO meal, 100-120g); immediately postWO (60g dextrose); and 30min postWO (another 50-60g or so).
Yah that's when the do the least damage... not that I am in prep every carb I take is being partitioned, if I take 60 grams I either take to glycobol or 1 AP all carb intake is confined to my 3 main meals., Well I only eat 4 meals a day.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man, I don't think I've eaten just four times in a day since like 2002! :shock:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, I don't think I've eaten just four times in a day since like 2002! :shock:
It's actually a better way to eat for me, I guess it's becuase of my insilun sensitivity... I just hold too much fat when I eat more than that. I kind of discovered it by accident when I was trying to live a more normal lifestyle. Then I read the OEP literature and it all made sense. Less meals for ... overly efficient body types.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AWESOME back session this morning! I'm a dang cobra right now. :approve:

layout of today's training:
bent BB rows, 5x15/12/12/10/8 (reverse grip)
wide-grip cable pulldowns, 4x12
seated cable pulls, 2x6 (standard grip)
seated cable pulls, 2x8 (D-grip)
flat-back deads, 4x12
20min moderate cardio to finish
90sec rest between sets

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's actually a better way to eat for me, I guess it's becuase of my insilun sensitivity... I just hold too much fat when I eat more than that. I kind of discovered it by accident when I was trying to live a more normal lifestyle. Then I read the OEP literature and it all made sense. Less meals for ... overly efficient body types.
different strokes for different folks..no 'one way' works for everybody, that is a fact.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
different strokes for different folks..no 'one way' works for everybody, that is a fact.
Yah my theory now it that people with faster metabolism may actually need to eat more often as they burn off nutrients much faster.. People like me don't and the continuous insulin release keeps us from burning off the excess fat. Kind of makes sense...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah my theory now it that people with faster metabolism may actually need to eat more often as they burn off nutrients much faster.. People like me don't and the continuous insulin release keeps us from burning off the excess fat. Kind of makes sense...
I never considered myself to have a speedy metabolism..decent, but not fast.
I have to manipulate like a mutha! :eek5:

:D

agree with you tho, to a point - there are ways to manipulate insulin release in the aspect you state, and eat more times daily - but it takes some finite macro structuring. most ppl would not want to get that tedious; me, I thrive on such anality! :ntome:

hahaa..seriously tho, there is always more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak, when it comes to dietary intake. I'm not making a flat statement for everybody that 'more meals are better' - it just happens to work for me.
there so many ways to structure intake, it's not even funny.
like most things, there is no 'one size fits all'.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
current training layout (for now)..

I'm running one basic bodypart/day, 5 days a week right now. this is my standard fallback schematic, one I utilize in basic fashion quite frequently..I change routines up quite often tho too, sometimes as often as every 3-4 weeks.
I'm an instinctive trainer.

1- chest/abs
2 - quads/hams/calves (this is where I started in the rotation this yr)
3 - shoulders
4 - back
5 - biceps/triceps/abs

I insert 2 off days in the week where I see fit, but not back-to-back..altho, one could run this 5 days straight M-F, and take w/e off if desired. I just don't like taking 2 days off in a row.
I also insert cardio where I wish, as I need it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never considered myself to have a speedy metabolism..decent, but not fast.
I have to manipulate like a mutha! :eek5:
Yah at first I had you pegged for someone who did but the more I read your logs, I realize your somewhere in the middle which probably makes you a true meso... I'm more of an endo so that's where the difference lies. You could probably get way with eating evey 3 to 4 hours where I can go 4 to 5. Just a guess.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah at first I had you pegged for someone who did but the more I read your logs, I realize your somewhere in the middle which probably makes you a true meso... I'm more of an endo so that's where the difference lies. You could probably get way with eating evey 3 to 4 hours where I can go 4 to 5. Just a guess.
nice post DW, good synopsis..fyi tho, I'm eating @ every 2hrs right now. :D
it's cool at the beginning, but I tire of it pretty quickly. won't be doing it much longer anyway - broke the 200lb mark again, so I'll be whittling away the intake shortly..still solid as hell tho, no spillover to this point, just rapid blowing up! :yup:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yesterday I was cobra, today I'm python! :arms:
short on time this morning, so I adjusted on the fly to fit arms/abs in.

close-grip BB bench ss w/ standing BB curls, 4x8-12
EZ bar skullcrushers ss w/ seated concentration EZ bar curls, 3x8-12
V-bar cable pushdowns ss w/ preacher DB curls, 3x10-15
5 sets abs

kept 90sec rest between supersets.
arms are swole, haven't seen them this big in awhile. :006:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice post DW, good synopsis..fyi tho, I'm eating @ every 2hrs right now. :D
it's cool at the beginning, but I tire of it pretty quickly. won't be doing it much longer anyway - broke the 200lb mark again, so I'll be whittling away the intake shortly..still solid as hell tho, no spillover to this point, just rapid blowing up! :yup:
Do all meals contain carbs ? I wonder what would happen of you used carbs only every other meal.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do all meals contain carbs ?
right now, yeah..even my last feeding of the day, a shake, has about 30g in right now..typically, my last shake contains very low carb, hi-protein and mid-to-higher fat (such as 1 TBS natty PB + 1 TBS EVCO..or even heavy whipping cream when the rest of my diet is in lower-carb form).
I wonder what would happen of you used carbs only every other meal.
well that just so happens to be another of my schematics! :D
probably will shift into that at some point as I scale things back.
you know me DW - always changing things up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
right now, yeah..even my last feeding of the day, a shake, has about 30g in right now..typically, my last shake contains very low carb, hi-protein and mid-to-higher fat (such as 1 TBS natty PB + 1 TBS EVCO..or even heavy whipping cream when the rest of my diet is in lower-carb form).

well that just so happens to be another of my schematics! :D
probably will shift into that at some point as I scale things back.
you know me DW - always changing things up.
Yah figured you must have tried that... more condusive to lean bulking...