My Next Meet Training – Prime & Recreate clean bulk!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
My Next Meet Training – Prime & Recreate clean bulk!

My next competition is on 10/25/08. After dropping 20lbs recently while using Recreate I will now be competing in the 220lbs class.

I have 6 weeks of training leading up to the meet. My plan is to do a clean bulk during that time to maximize my strength gains. I can not gain more than 5lbs during this time and still make weight so I will be keeping it clean and using recreate so I can continue to loose fat or at least not put any on. And of course looking towards the Prime for strength and size. Having used both prior I am confident that using both together in this manner will be quite effective…but the results will tell in the end.

My Supplement Stack:
Prime
Recreate
Cissus
Anabolic Pump
NOS Ether
R4W

My last meet I posted an 850 squat, 550bench, and a 695deadlift with a 2075 total for my first meet in the 220’s.

Lets see what happens!:dance:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you feel your strength stood up Chris? Ready to kill it at 20lbs leaner?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
How do you feel your strength stood up Chris? Ready to kill it at 20lbs leaner?
I was supprised by a couple things. First how well my overall strength stayed up...second by what was affected.

My Squat stayed pretty consistent suprisingly as i was expecting a drop.
My Deadlift improved...which I had hoped for.
My Bench went down which i was not expecting this to be affected more than my squat.

But I'm ready to start killing it again and see what happens with bumping the cals back up for a few weeks:woohoo:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I started this weekend.

SATURDAY AM – non training activitiy
Inner Thigh x12x12 per side

Sled Pulling
135lbs x .5mile forward and backward (Broke 10min!!!)
2min rest
135lbs x 5mph pace intervals :45s on/ :45sec rest
5 intervals total
1.5min pull sled back to house

My conditioning is really improving! With this sled on this pavement I used to take 15-16min on the .4 mile loop…and 13min was a good time….blew that away today.

SUNDAY AM – non training day activity
Speed Bench
85lbs+#3 bands x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/30 seconds rest
Overhand Tri pull aparts #2 x15x15x15x15

MONDAY
Bent Over Rows
45x6
135x12
225x8
315x8
335x8x8x8

Sternum pullups
Bwx12x8x7x6x5x5

Rack Pulls – knee
635x5x5x5

Bent Over Rows – false grip
275x12x10

Chins
Bw x10x10

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Couple things to note so far.

My appetite has skyrocketed in the first couple days of taking Prime

I’m currently taking a couple weeks off from ReCreate so I’m not planning on adding that to the mix till next week. Will have to keep the diet in moderate check till then.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
goodl uck man, this seems like an interesting stash to run.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will be following this!

I am planning to compete in February and i will be using a very similar stack...

Best of luck buddy!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
OH Damn my training was freakin awesome tonight!

I'll write up my first weeks experiences and workouts and post them tomorrow.

I have a video of me doing a Deadlift triple with 545 in bar weight plus another 200lbs in bands. approx 650 on bottom and 745 at lock. Took a picture of one band suspending 100lbs to stretch the band to the same as when locking out deadlift.

Freakin awesome!!!

I'll add some detail tomorrow and my first week review...just damn excited right now!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is serious! Band resisted deads are killer!

Great work!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I ran 6/day of Prime the first week and did not add the recreate into the mix until the start of week 2 (yesterday).

I ‘Felt’ real good all week. My mood was solid and I’m noticing some definite bumps in my Libido already as well. Even on days when my sleep was not adequate the night prior I still felt really good. This is quite unusual for me as the slightest reduction in sleep under 8 hrs just destroys me immediately the next day.

Don’t know if its related or not but there is a few nights this last week that I had trouble falling asleep. I do have a lot going on however and this could be related to that.

My appetite has shot up! Good thing I’m doing a clean bulk as I would have a heck of a time continuing with my diet during that time. Normally if I had shifted my eating habits as I have in the last week my body would have sucked some rebounded from the diet I had been on and sucked some of that up in fat right away. However the shift in the diet has not resulted in a spike in my BW or increase in my waist size. I think with the addition of the Recreate this week I can even add in a few more calories.

Aggression in the gym was great last night! And strength levels were awesome.

The Week in Training Review

Sat/Sun/Mon workouts listed already

Tues – off

Wed
AM
115lbs x 13min forward and backward
PM
BW upon waking 225.2

Reverse Grip bench
45x6x6
135x6
225x6
315x5
365x3

2 bd press w/shirt
495x1
585x3
635x1x2

Lockouts holding for 3 count
405x5
495x5x5x5

Supra Incline Pressdowns
75+bands x 12
100+bands x8x8x5

Bench is still off by quite a bit after the weight loss. I did 430x3 about 1.5 years ago so I’m only off 65lbs now. I’ve been about 80lbs off for the last couple months so that is positive direction. I was about 25lbs heavier at that time as well.

Thursday
BW upon waking 225.2

Squat
55x6x6
155x5
265x5
355x3
465x3
555x3
665x1 suit on
755x1
800x1

Got a lot closer to paralell this week but just shy. Think i can hit it next time.

Glute-Ham Raise
Elevated 3" x20x16x16
flat x22

Vid of bench and squat
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b26u-U5uBU"]YouTube - Week 3 Sept 08[/ame]

Friday & Saturday missed my extra workouts and sled pulling

Sunday
DE Bench
95+#3 bands x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3

Overhand band pull aparts
#2 x20x20x12

Standing WOD x10x5
Leg Raises x5x5

Monday

Band Resisted Deadlifts (bands weighed to 200lbs at lock w/roughly 80-100lbs at start)
135x5x5
225x5
315x3
405x3
495x3
585xmiss
545x3 745 at top and mid 600’s at start!

Band Resisted Bench Setups – hold for 5 count at contraction
#3 x7x7

DB Rear Delt Flys
50x12x12x12

Shrugs – wide grip fat trap bar and fingers only grip.
295x16
385x16x16

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl1mYUMhjsE"]YouTube - Deadlift 545+200bands x3[/ame]

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know how I missed this, I have been waiting for this log. Your first recreate log was the best I'd seen yet and now this log is going to be so great to follow. I know I'm going to learn more here than anywhere.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Strength is picking up quickly. Did raw reverse grip bench and went up from 3reps to 5 reps this week over last week which puts me off my best raw reverse by 45lbs (which was back when i was on the PH bandwagon). Followed by a huge PR on board presses.

Moved the monolift into the shop for a warmup

REverse Grip Bench
45x6
135x6
225x5
315x5
365x5

Shirt work off 3board
495x3
585x3
635x3
675x2
725x1 Felt solid but saved more for next week.

Military Press - w/bands hooked to floor
50+#4s x8x5
50+#2s x8x5

might have time to get my video's updated late next week.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn this stuff just keeps on proving itself to be what USP says it is. This log is the ultimate test as far as I'm concerned. I am already convinced anyway but this log will be the straw that broke the camels back for many. If it can significantly improve the performance of someone in your shoes then there can be not doubt. I know there will be documented proof in this log just like your Recreate log.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Damn this stuff just keeps on proving itself to be what USP says it is. This log is the ultimate test as far as I'm concerned. I am already convinced anyway but this log will be the straw that broke the camels back for many. If it can significantly improve the performance of someone in your shoes then there can be not doubt. I know there will be documented proof in this log just like your Recreate log.
we will see one way or the other.

Squat

warmup
755+80chain x2 below paralell
805+80chain x1 paralell

GHR's x20
GHR's+#2 x12x12x12

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed in - you run a good log mate - an ultimate Prime logger to follow.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I’ll post up the video when I write up my summary for the week but I did pull a 750 deadlift on Monday (Hungover and feeling like **** I might add which is not something I do often or handle well).

This was a 50lb PR for me!!! I’m sure I could have done a lot more if I had felt better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:jaw: damn

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ll post up the video when I write up my summary for the week but I did pull a 750 deadlift on Monday (Hungover and feeling like **** I might add which is not something I do often or handle well).

This was a 50lb PR for me!!! I’m sure I could have done a lot more if I had felt better.
Whoa, big congrats buddy!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Whoa, big congrats buddy!
Thanks! 800 has been a goal of mine for a long time. Becoming a lot more realistic than the pipe dream it has been.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Nice, keep us update on your progress. :thumbsup:

Thanks! 800 has been a goal of mine for a long time. Becoming a lot more realistic than the pipe dream it has been.

If you hit 800, I will give you a gift....something cool so lets start a new thread after this ends...The Do or die quest to 800lbs!

smn1

smn1

Awards

Im pulling for you..good luck..

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
If you hit 800, I will give you a gift....something cool so lets start a new thread after this ends...The Do or die quest to 800lbs!
its on!:bb3:

Just been to busy to get extra workouts, sled work, or assistance work in. Very disappointing. Hopefully I get caught up on things this week and back on track ASAP. Always fall behind when I take a vacation.

Reverse Grip Bench
45x6
135x6x6
225x5
275x5
335x5
405x2 w/some bar touching on middle range of 3rd rep.
385x3

This puts me up to around 40-50lbs off best raw work an I was 75-80 off a few weeks ago. Good progress!

Shirt on 2bd work
495x3
585x3
635x1

Got out of groove on second rep of last set so I just left it as a single and stopped there due to some things I had to do.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Squat
55x12x12
155x5x5
Add 85 in chain
155(+85)x5
265(+85)x5
355(+85)x3 breifs
465(+85)x3
Chains to 120
555(+120)x1 suit
665(+120)x1
755(+120)x1 wraps – parallel and easy
805(+120)x1 cut a little high

I should have hit that 755 for a double or triple or gone back for a second attempt at that 805 as I was disappointed in it. A little high and an absolute grinder through the whole lift. Also really struggling with the tightness in the hips of the suit being to much…especially after my BW going up a few lbs after last weekend.

Glute-Ham raises
Elevated on 2board x20
Elevated on 3board x16x12

First time doing the 3board elevation

Lifts were filmed and will compile all of this weeks lifts this weekend.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

That is simply ridiculous Chris! I hope you are loving the PRIME, and the new packs were sent out!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I currently weigh between 200 and 205 bf 15% (fat guy:woohoo:) would it be possibe to keep my weight and lose bf while using AP, and recreate or even something like Cialabol? I don't mind dropping to about 200 exact. or, should I try to gain some more weight and then try leaning out so I can hit my target weight range while dropping the bf? If that is not a good stack to accomplish my goal, what is?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I currently weigh between 200 and 205 bf 15% (fat guy:woohoo:) would it be possibe to keep my weight and lose bf while using AP, and recreate or even something like Cialabol? I don't mind dropping to about 200 exact. or, should I try to gain some more weight and then try leaning out so I can hit my target weight range while dropping the bf? If that is not a good stack to accomplish my goal, what is?
i am not familiar with cialabol. I do however know that AP and recreate would be a good combo for either plan for recomping at current BW or for doing a lean bulk. Given that you have your diet dialed in correctly for either option.

Obviously I think the stack i'm on now is a good one that is why i'm doing it. Which is basically AP&Pslin, Recreate, and Prime.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
friday PM

Hammer Curls - simultaneous
40x12
50x12x12x12

Wheel O Death
Knees x20
Standing x15
knees x20

Overhand band pullaparts
#2 x20x20x20

Thats right i hit 15 freakin standing WOD's! unfortunatly my camera memory was full...i was so pissed i went out afterwards and bought a new SD card. Getting closer to my goal of 20. If your not familiar with the standing WOD this is them.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0VYQrKwF8g"]YouTube - wheel o death[/ame]

Here is my video's from last 1.5 weeks.

Bench Sessions
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHYBpOwGP54"]YouTube - Bench - reverse grip 405, boards 725[/ame]

Squat Sessions
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJzcawX_lM"]YouTube - chain Squats - high 805+120[/ame]

750 Deadlift
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6apxTbRRrA"]YouTube - Deadlift 750[/ame]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Good volume and intensity.

Bent over Barbell Rows - bar coming to midshin at bottom
45x6
135x12x12
225x12
315x6
365x8x8x8

Pulllups
BWx18x8x8x8x8

little body english on last few reps of last few sets

Face Pulls
75+2bands x12x12

Rack Pulls from knee
495x5
635x5
675x8
785xmiss

Face Pulls
75+2bands x12x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
day off.

skipped my sled pulling for no good reason at work today. planned on doing when i got home but forgot i had to repair the roof before the sun went down. got a quick session in.

Done as a circuit with no rest
Hammer Curls Simultaneous 50x12x12x12x12
Wheel o death knees x10x10x10x10
Hip Abd #1band x12x12x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
My raw strength on my warmups was just destroyed from the heavy lat work I did on Monday.

CG Bench
45x6x6
135x6x6
225x5
275x3
315x3
405x1
385x4

Shirt on - focusing on speed and technique, shirt not jacked at all.
495x1 2” from touching
545x1 touched but form was out from getting it to touch
565x1x1x1x1x1x1

Lying DB extensions
50x12x12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
sorry for not posting.

The meet has been cancelled. don't know why. So i will officially have to change this to the 800 dead quest log

I will copy over my recent training hopefully tomorrow. Will have vids up in a couple days.

Hit 755 dead last week and missed 775 around the knees. Did 405x6 bent over rows tonight (bar to midshin) follwed by a 19" deadlifts for 845x3 and 900x1! That 900 was slow but i it.

I'm really feeling the strenght starting the nice incremental gains i saw before.

Onward to 800!!!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
last night
Bent over Rows
45x12x12
135x12x12
225x8
315x8
405x6 loose form
315x12x12 strict form

Pullups
BW x12
Add #1’s band resistance x10x10x8

High pulls (19”)
645x5
735x3
845x3
900x1

Chins
#1’s band resistance x12x12x12

Bent Rows False Grip
225x12x12 strict and bent way over (bar almost touching floor on bottom of reps)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1PV7ljsXqU"]YouTube - back day[/ame]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
my 755 dead and 775 attempt are in here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2zEOx2k7Lo"]YouTube - Training Wk2 oct 08[/ame]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Box squat 625+120 in chains for 3 reps...up 20lbs and 1 rep over last week as seen in the video above

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhwGv94eI0M"]YouTube - box squat 625(+120chains) x3[/ame]

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
another PR tonight! on my day off training.

Hit the Standing Wheel O' Death for 17 Reps. I think 20 will fall the same time that 800 dead does. Got this one filmed to. will get it up in next week.

Yeah Baby:dance:

another PR tonight! on my day off training.

Hit the Standing Wheel O' Death for 17 Reps. I think 20 will fall the same time that 800 dead does. Got this one filmed to. will get it up in next week.

Yeah Baby:dance:
I think its time for the wheel of death contest judged by Kabuki!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I'll be following this from now on. Just finished my 1st week of AP/Recreate/SuperCissus/PowerFull and loving it.

I've never even heard of the reverse grip bench press before. Is this just a power lifting exercise (i.e. purely for strength) or would it be benficial to us 'normal' lifters who want to build a bit of muscle?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I'll be following this from now on. Just finished my 1st week of AP/Recreate/SuperCissus/PowerFull and loving it.

I've never even heard of the reverse grip bench press before. Is this just a power lifting exercise (i.e. purely for strength) or would it be benficial to us 'normal' lifters who want to build a bit of muscle?
good variation to have in arsenal

hits triceps harder and requires more back strength to go heavy.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Did that killer back routine Monday then hit a PR with the Wheel O death on Tuesday….But then my next few sessions were not as good likely from those very taxing workouts.

Tuesday

Wheel O’ Death
Knees x15
Standing x17x10x10x10
Yeah new PR! And filmed. Will upload sometime

Hammer Curls – simultaneous
40x12
50x12x12x12x12
70x8 had to test out my new dumbbell set even though I was tired by this time.

Farmers walk from truck to gym in between all sets with the 2000lbs in plates and Dumbbells I had to unload.

Wednesday

Close grip bench
45x6x6
135x6x6
225x5
275x5
315x5
385x3

Bench w/Chains (unknown on chain deload)
275+chains x5x10

Floor Press DB’s CG and palms facing
100x12x10x8

Skull crushers – paused on floor
95x12
115x12x12x12

Front delt raises
#1x12x12x12

Thursday

Box squat – 16” foam
55x6x6
155x5x5
265x5
355x5
355(+120chain)x3
465(+120chain)x3
555(+120chain)x2 add briefs
625(+120chain)xmiss

Felt light but got out of my groove and stuffed on box…dumped weight off back into safety chains. Second dump and save by the chains that night as another lifter fell forward and it saved what would have been a nasty face plant.

Pause Squats – 3 count in hole no rest at top
Loose single ply inzer bottom that I can’t feel
355x5
405x5x5

Glute-Ham
#3 band x12x12x12
Maybe four sets?? Whatever I did it was an ass kicker.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Friday
all mixed together

Leg Raises - to cieling
BW x10x10x10

Wheel O Death
knees x15
standing x5 finished w/knees x15

Face Pulls
100+2bands x12x12x12x12

Curls - palms out simultaneous
40x10x10x10x10

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
saturday
I FEEL GREAT!

These short training sessions leave me so invigorated and a bit euphoric.
Of course the euphoria may have been in part due to the 2 YRD I took prior to this session...but damn i felt good when i was done.

Had major diahrea upon waking but had MOST of it cleared by the time i jumped in pj's to run out to shop.

Reverse Hyper
x12x12x12x12

Inner Thigh/Hips Left/Right
x12

one last trip into house as i pulled sled out driveway...then hoped for the best.

Sled .5 mile loop 135lbs cadenced forward and backward
Broke 10min w/a 45 second rest at halway mark!

almost puked a few times.
That was a damn hard pull

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Sunday

Speed bench
Warmup then
105+#3 bands x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/30 seconds rest

DB Military
80x12
90x8x8
80x12

Overhead band pull aparts
#2x20x20x20x20

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Monday

Lot on my mind yesterday. Mentally exhausted come training time so nothing special. But still nearly pulled a band resisted deadlift totallying 785 at the top with no lifting suit

Band resisted Deadlifts +200lbs at top (measured) +80to100lbs bottom(est)
45x5
135x5
135(+bands)x5
225(+bands)x3
315(+bands)x3
405(+bands)x3
495(+bands)x3 add briefs
585(+bands)x0x0 first attempt made it above knees just couldn't finish hips to lockout
495(+bands)x4 set the 4th down to far in front so I couldn't pull the 5th.

Pullups
Bw x12
BW(+2bands) x10x10

DB Rear delt flys
50x12x12x12
70x12x12

Tested out the new bench and damn it is sticky and holds the setup incredibly well. It is something else. Love it!

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki, Prime Question: would you continue taking Prime on your deload week(s) before competition and the week of competition (even if you are just chillin and not really working out), or take a few weeks off until you resumed training post-competition?

I am starting a 12week wave, and was thinking of waiting to run my Prime until 4-6 weeks into the wave before starting it. Your PLing thought on the matter is appreciated.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Kabuki, Prime Question: would you continue taking Prime on your deload week(s) before competition and the week of competition (even if you are just chillin and not really working out), or take a few weeks off until you resumed training post-competition?

I am starting a 12week wave, and was thinking of waiting to run my Prime until 4-6 weeks into the wave before starting it. Your PLing thought on the matter is appreciated.
Normally I time things in this manner so that I use it right up to the competition, and then if i'm going to have any downtime to do that in the weeks following. So I would be taking it during the deload leading up to competition.

Perhaps this may not be the most optimal use of the product for adding muscle mass by taking it during that time. But at this point I am focused on being in the optimal state come that day.

How much delaod do you do? I'm typically up to my 1st attempts on Thurs/Fri a week out then may do a very light speed bench session Mon or Tue the week of competition.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
i am toying with deload for this wave; my first one I went hard until a week before, then did mild DE work the week of.

Second time around, I went hard until a week before then did nothing the week of (not by choice), but the meet went very good and I met or exceeded my goals.

This time around I have a three week training gap between meet and wave, so I thought I'd try a circa-max phase with a 2week deload, one week off, or just a 2week deload, one week off.

(plan also includes to hopefully drop two weight classes, from 242 to 198, in the hopes of getting APF Master rank)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i am toying with deload for this wave; my first one I went hard until a week before, then did mild DE work the week of.

Second time around, I went hard until a week before then did nothing the week of (not by choice), but the meet went very good and I met or exceeded my goals.

This time around I have a three week training gap between meet and wave, so I thought I'd try a circa-max phase with a 2week deload, one week off, or just a 2week deload, one week off.

(plan also includes to hopefully drop two weight classes, from 242 to 198, in the hopes of getting APF Master rank)
Good luck! I'm getting back on track with my drop to 198's as well.

What APF meet are you doing?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, K. I am headed into unchartered waters as I have never really tried to lose weight, just the occasional minor recomp, so following your log and progress is quite inspirational (for lack of a better word)

I am trying for the Illinois State meet in March, so far APF Illinois has thrown some good ones at the same location.