Is AndroGel The Right Choice?****

1. Registered User
    Answers

Is AndroGel The Right Choice?****

I had some bloodwork done recently my free test levels were low for my age and my LH and pitiuitary gland functions were normal, My doctor ran a Total Testosterone test today. He gave me a prescription for Androgel and told me if my test had risen by monday morning we would disregard the rx. I was just wondering what an alternative to this would be. Ive heard if my levels are fine with just low free test i could use clomid therapy?

I also had a question about androgel and fertility. I am 20 years old and i do plan to have children.

Any help would be great im kinda stuck her noone seems to be helping.

2. Registered User
    Answers

thats a tough call. I'm only a couple years older then you and my test levels are low as well, endo offered TRT but I opted out. Figured I would ride it out a couple of years and see where things are at.

How low is your test?
  3. Registered User
    Answers

i havent gotten the actually results in paper but he was saying around 200
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Answers

wow pretty low!
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Androgel

Quote Originally Posted by BSanders View Post
    i havent gotten the actually results in paper but he was saying around 200
    Hi...

I'm a 45 year old male and my levels were 221. I've been put on Androgel and it has been a blessing in many ways.

However at 20 I don't know I'd do the same.

If you do choose to try it I would suggest trying a 3 month cycle (3 on 3 off) and see how you feel in both circumstances. I would also not go above 5mg dose per day. Make your decision from what makes you feel best.

Like yourself, my LH is normal, my test is low. That suggests production problems and not a signaling problem. That would mean that you probably will not suffer the testicular side effects some do because you continue to have decent LH levels which continue to stimulate the testese.

Lastly, don't expect an overnight change with this stuff. It can take 4 to 7 days for you to start feeling things, and if you miss a dose, you may feel that within 48 hours. Choose the application sites properly and use it the way it is prescribed. In general it is the safest way to up your test levels with no serious side effects.

Good luck
  6. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

The problem with cycling is that it will inhibit him. He may feel good on 5g/d of AndroGel for three months and then when he cycles off for three months he will feel even worse than he did before because he is inhibited.

After someone introduces exogenous testosterone into their system their LH will stop signaling the testicles. This lack of signal will atrophy his testicles to a degree that varies from person to person.

I suggest that at your age I would look into diet and exercise that will improve your levels in a natural way rather than using a lifelong treatment plan that you may not follow for he next 60yrs and which may further inhibit you when you go off it 3 months form now.

Get a referral to an endocrinologist and have a full profile run on you and have him consider means to stimulate your HPTA without the use of exogenous testosterone.

FYI: Male Anti-Aging Medicine
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    After someone introduces exogenous testosterone into their system their LH will stop signaling the testicles. This lack of signal will atrophy his testicles to a degree that varies from person to person.

[/url]
    I'm not 100% certain that is correct. I believe that if the amount of Test introduced keeps his levels within norm, the LH will continue at normal levels. However if there is a tendancy toward larger doses the effect would be to shut down the LH pathway.

I've been on the stuff since June, and LH levels are stable, and there is no atrophy
  8. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Stable at what level?

After administration of exogenous testosterone, once we are at a level that is within normal range there is no need for the LH to signal to produce testosterone. This is not to say that it will drop to zero but it will be very low.

This amount of atrophy one experiences is an individual thing of course as some do not experience it and some do to a great degree.

It may be, and if IIRC, that AndroGel daily application is more mild on the HPTA as it is in daily doses and is more in line with our normal testosterone cycles of high to low throughout the day.

Consider that many many men who are treated with TRT also are treated with hCG for the very reason being that LH hormone is plummeted. As a result they are experiencing testicular atrophy or reduced sperm count (desire to conceive) as a result of lowered LH.

I gather to what level ones LH is stable would depend upon their dose, administration and their individual endocrinology.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. musclemax is it the right choice?
    By juganaught uk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 03:50 AM
  2. Which Is The Right Choice ? Why ??
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:29 PM
  3. is this the right amount?
    By dozzer in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
  4. Idk if this is in the right spot but....marijuana.....
    By Quickone in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:45 AM