how long are transdermals effective

embrace

Awards
I have read that the receptors become saturated after about 4 weeks of usage and that after that point transdermals become not as effective. I am wondering if there is a way to keep this from happening other than rotating application sites?

Also, I'm planning on running trans 4-ad. Is there anything available to keep the bloat off. Kinda how arimidix works at keeping off test bloat?

Thanks guys...it's been a while since I used transdermals. My first attempt at injecting was a complete nightmare so it's back to old faithful :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have read that the receptors become saturated after about 4 weeks of usage and that after that point transdermals become not as effective. I am wondering if there is a way to keep this from happening other than rotating application sites?

Also, I'm planning on running trans 4-ad. Is there anything available to keep the bloat off. Kinda how arimidix works at keeping off test bloat?

Thanks guys...it's been a while since I used transdermals. My first attempt at injecting was a complete nightmare so it's back to old faithful :)
Where did you hear that at? The transdermal is absorbed systematically and I don't think that there are epidermal receptors. If you want to increase absorption, then add DMSO and scrub the spplication spot before use.

embrace

Awards
there's a thread going on in an open source board where guys use transdermals to jumpstart long estered injectable cycles. They mention that the transdermal cycles are best if used for short term, jumpstarts or blitz cycles because they begin to lose effectiveness at around the four/five week point. these transdermals use the base of each hormone (eq base, test base, tren base) in something similar to dermabolics

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there's a thread going on in an open source board where guys use transdermals to jumpstart long estered injectable cycles. They mention that the transdermal cycles are best if used for short term, jumpstarts or blitz cycles because they begin to lose effectiveness at around the four/five week point. these transdermals use the base of each hormone (eq base, test base, tren base) in something similar to dermabolics
They certainly don't lose effectivenes at that point, but I do see why they are used to jumpstart a long-ester cycle. I think one of the more neglected parts to using TD's is that the application spot should be treated with lotion, shaved, and have thinner skin in the spot. The tops of feet are really good because it is a good sized area with very thin skin.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm with Rodja. Maybe they're referring to not needing the TD base once sufficient blood levels of the long ester androgens are present, which is basically the point of jump starting a longer ester cycle with a faster acting compound in either TD or oral form. As far as transdermals by themselves though you can easily use them for 8-12 weeks. In fact since their safety profile is so good they're well suited for longer cycles. The only ***** of them is the amount of base powder needed and the 'frequent' applications as opposed to less frequent injections.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
IMO, sometimes people don't know how to adjust their diet and assume that a cycle is only effective for a certain time frame. Adjust your diet to your needs and run them longer then 4 weeks

embrace

Awards
you guys rock. thanks for the info. I'm gonna run me an 8 weeker of 4-ad with some m-1-t thrown in there

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
you guys rock. thanks for the info. I'm gonna run me an 8 weeker of 4-ad with some m-1-t thrown in there
Please don't run M1T for 8 weeks. I hope that's not what you meant, but if it is, please don't. The danger to your health outwieghs the amusement of another "I Decided to Kill Myself" thread. There are other orals out there anyway, and even though they're untested they're almost guaranteed to be safer than M1T. Plus a good 8 weeks of 4AD trans is a good cycle in and of itself.

embrace

Awards
naw bro not 8 weeks straight, more like 3 on/2 off/3 on. Something to that effect. This cycle I'm doing now is my backup plan. I'm lucky I have this stuff laying around. My primo/var cycle went to pot after I got the flu from the primo and the var made me nauseous. I couldn't eat and had a fever for 2 days

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I know docs presrcibe td patches for some users for life. An old client of mine had part of his brain removed, and he's on 100mg td for life. I think with anything going epi to endo, rotate sites.

And I'd run SD, not M1T.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
This might sound odd, but has anyone tried using a patch for our kind of transdermals? I wonder if it would work better. It should keep it from drying quickly, which may increase absorpton. Duct tape and plastic wrap anybody? (only half joking)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
naw bro not 8 weeks straight, more like 3 on/2 off/3 on. Something to that effect. This cycle I'm doing now is my backup plan. I'm lucky I have this stuff laying around. My primo/var cycle went to pot after I got the flu from the primo and the var made me nauseous. I couldn't eat and had a fever for 2 days
I'd still stay away from it with that set up. It would likely be much better and easier on your system to use one of the newer orals. Superdrol would be an alternative too. It's just as hard on the lipids but your liver will thank you.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Moyer,
When my test came back at like 200 ng/dl back in mid-04 (it was for the Activate beta test), my doc gave me a coupon for a free testosterone patch.

It didn't work worth a ****. (A month's worth, that is).
It fell off all the time - esp. if any bit of sweat was involved. Totally inconvenient.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Moyer,
When my test came back at like 200 ng/dl back in mid-04 (it was for the Activate beta test), my doc gave me a coupon for a free testosterone patch.

It didn't work worth a ****. (A month's worth, that is).
It fell off all the time - esp. if any bit of sweat was involved. Totally inconvenient.
Thats good to know. I have always lived in hot climates myself, so nicotine patches were often taped over with masking or duct tape. For non-pinning it truely sounds like td gel no patch is the way to go.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Duct tape?!?!?!?

Good God you are a redneck!
:rofl:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Duct tape?!?!?!?

Good God you are a redneck!
:rofl:
I was actually looking for gaff tape but had to settle. Hey, it worked. :)

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
The question really is, would keeping a transdermal wet on the skin be much better than letting it dry?

preston25

Awards
what about running bold as a transdermal? or even winni?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Is there an unmethylated winnie powder? I had assumed that all winnie was methylated.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Is there an unmethylated winnie powder? I had assumed that all winnie was methylated.
I would assume there has to be, though I don't know how easy it is to get or if it's even available on the black market.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
This might sound odd, but has anyone tried using a patch for our kind of transdermals? I wonder if it would work better. It should keep it from drying quickly, which may increase absorpton. Duct tape and plastic wrap anybody? (only half joking)
There was a thread a WAYS back before the initial PH ban where creating a TD patch to enhance absorption was discussed by Chemo and some other knowledgeble folks - the consensus was that it definitely would increase the efficacy of the adminstered product but that the PITA (pain in the ass) factor would negate any positive benefits.

Honestly, with a good TD carrier you really can approach 50% absorption rates - the homebrew recipe on this site is cheap and extremly effective.

Check out this wiki article, talks about TD patch development:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transdermal_patch

Transdermaly cycles are definitely effective and worth doing - the biggest issue, like CDB mentioned, are the loss of product and you dont know *exactly* how much is getting absorbed.

There's been a lot of threads on obtaining maximum absorption, but some of the best ideas are mentioned here:

• Clean, well scrubbed hairless area with thinner skin
  • Bigger surface areas = more product absorbed
  • Lower product concentration in carrier = more product absorbed
  • 2nd application of an 'empty' carrier matrix a short time after the initial application has dried can make a huge difference, as it helps to 'drag' the dried product on your skin through.
BV

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting the 2nd application of a carrier, good idea, I may try this.

I've done this with DMSO, but DMSO, has its limitations because of its harshness.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Transdermaly cycles are definitely effective and worth doing - the biggest issue, like CDB mentioned, are the loss of product and you dont know *exactly* how much is getting absorbed.BV
The only thing I don't like about them. Otherwise safety and convenience wise they're awesome. But God, to know at least half the test you paid for is dust in the wind...:sad: