What dose to NOT shut you down?

wayne

Awards
My reading is telling me that the body on average produces 30-60 mg's each week of test. What I want to know is what dose (if any) can you take of a test cream/gel to only add too and NOT shut you down?

Say my body produces 40 mgs a week and I take an additional 25 a week. Will this shut my natural production down, slow it down, or not effect it at all?

This may be a pointless question but I wasnt' able to find the answer to that either online or using the search button so figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Its going to depend on the individual and the natural setpoint of that person's endocrine system (assuming their endocrine system is healthy). Any exogenous hormones are going to act as a negative feedback response. So, its going to most likey start by just downregulating your body's own endogenous hormone production to maintain setpoint.

wayne

Awards
Its going to depend on the individual and the natural setpoint of that person's endocrine system (assuming their endocrine system is healthy). Any exogenous hormones are going to act as a negative feedback response. So, its going to most likey start by just downregulating your body's own endogenous hormone production to maintain setpoint.
Ok..makes sense. Thanks for your reply. So if I ran say a doubling dose (so take my natural 40 for example and make it 80 by adding 40) for 3 months what would the PCT (if any) be like? Run some low dose nolva for a few weeks? Thanks again.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
As far as I know, how hard you get shut down depends on legth of time you use test, not how much of it. Use 100mg or 1000 mg you'll get shut down about the same, but if you use it for 4 weeks or 12 weeks that's what makes the difference.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Ok..makes sense. Thanks for your reply. So if I ran say a doubling dose (so take my natural 40 for example and make it 80 by adding 40) for 3 months what would the PCT (if any) be like? Run some low dose nolva for a few weeks? Thanks again.
I don't see a point of doing that, you'll get shut down and won't gain ****. Either run higher dose of test or stay natural.

wayne

Awards
As far as I know, how hard you get shut down depends on legth of time you use test, not how much of it. Use 100mg or 1000 mg you'll get shut down about the same, but if you use it for 4 weeks or 12 weeks that's what makes the difference.
Ok...thanks for the info man, I apprecaite it.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this is only true for any dose above your natural HPT "feedback" levels.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I thought any extrogenous testosterone would cause the body to stop making nearly as much.

As Dimitry mentions, either don't run it (test) or run 500 mg/week.
"Go hard or go home."

SoccerGuy07

Awards
man if youre worried about shuttin down your test...dont even mess with steroids. its like people that wanna do a dbol only cycle because theyre scared of the pin. (im not saying youre one of them, merely making an analogy.) if youre gonna do something, go all in! like the guy above me said...500mg a week or just dont run it.

besides, after you run your cycle, if you do proper PCT, your nat. production will come back up.

be careful with this stuff...but dont be so careful that youre not getting all you can out of it.