4AD??

  1. Registered User
    wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    4AD??


    I am trying to learn the lingo regarding transdermal application. I searche for 4AD and got nothing. What does that mean and if there is a newbie sticky somewhere or a specific post mde for guys just learning about dermals, please point me in the right direction. I've been a member on another board for a long time so I know how it is with newbie questions. LOL Thanks guys.

  2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Answers
    0

    4-androstenediol (4-AD) is an effective prohormone to testosterone. Naturally found in several tissues of the body, 4-AD is converted to testosterone via the enzyme 3beta-HSD. 4-AD converts to testosterone at a significantly higher rate than other commercially available prohormones (such as androstenedione), and also does not have the weakness of conversion to estrogen and/or DHT prior to conversion to testosterone. This makes 4-AD the best testosterone prohormone on the market.

    Since testosterone is the target hormone, the effects of 4-AD supplementation will be consistent with an increase in testosterone levels. Since testosterone converts to both estrogen and DHT, both androgenic and estrogenic side effects can be expected. Although not commonly used as a standalone because of these side effects, 4-AD is used in most prohormone stacks. Since exogenous steroids shut down natural production of testosterone via negative feedback, 4-AD can help reduce the side effects of low testosterone and low estrogen experienced with many substances (such as loss of libido) while also providing additional anabolic benefit. 19-nordiol and 4-AD and 1-AD or 1-test and 4-AD are both common stacks. 4-AD is also recommended to counteract some of the side effects of methyl-1-test.

    4-AD is best used as a transdermal, as it has low oral bioavailability. 300-600 mg is the commonly used transdermal dosage when stacking, while higher doses (700-1000 mg) are used as a standalone. Oral 4-AD doses, even when stacking, may go up to as much as 1.5 g daily, although most use 600-900 mg. This is generally spread out over 3-4 doses. Sublingual 4-AD can also be used as a preworkout stimulant.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Registered User
    wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    4-androstenediol (4-AD) is an effective prohormone to testosterone. Naturally found in several tissues of the body, 4-AD is converted to testosterone via the enzyme 3beta-HSD. 4-AD converts to testosterone at a significantly higher rate than other commercially available prohormones (such as androstenedione), and also does not have the weakness of conversion to estrogen and/or DHT prior to conversion to testosterone. This makes 4-AD the best testosterone prohormone on the market.

    Since testosterone is the target hormone, the effects of 4-AD supplementation will be consistent with an increase in testosterone levels. Since testosterone converts to both estrogen and DHT, both androgenic and estrogenic side effects can be expected. Although not commonly used as a standalone because of these side effects, 4-AD is used in most prohormone stacks. Since exogenous steroids shut down natural production of testosterone via negative feedback, 4-AD can help reduce the side effects of low testosterone and low estrogen experienced with many substances (such as loss of libido) while also providing additional anabolic benefit. 19-nordiol and 4-AD and 1-AD or 1-test and 4-AD are both common stacks. 4-AD is also recommended to counteract some of the side effects of methyl-1-test.

    4-AD is best used as a transdermal, as it has low oral bioavailability. 300-600 mg is the commonly used transdermal dosage when stacking, while higher doses (700-1000 mg) are used as a standalone. Oral 4-AD doses, even when stacking, may go up to as much as 1.5 g daily, although most use 600-900 mg. This is generally spread out over 3-4 doses. Sublingual 4-AD can also be used as a preworkout stimulant.
    First off thanks for a very informative reply. So do I understand correctly that this is not testosterone and testosterone base for a test gel is the ideal? Your post above states that it is an effective prohormone to test and it converts to test. My source tells me he has the test base (not a prohormone) for gels I am looking for and he is a good solid source I have used for years. So, I have my instructions on how to mix it, and I will be ordering phlogel this week as well as the test base. Now I just need to make sure I have the correct amounts of everything right?

    There seem to be a lot of additional additives in some of the gels/creams I am reading about when searching. Is this just personal preference and does phlogel eliminate the need for those additional ingredients? Thanks again for your help.
    •   
       

  4. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Answers
    0

    Phlogel & test base = heaven. No need for any other additives IMO. Remember when figuring dosage that 500mg test enanthate is actually only about 350mg test after factoring in the weight of the ester. If you run 175mg ed test base transdermal with 30% absorbtion you get roughly 50mg test ed or 350 ew. Nice thing about the transdermal is it kicks in really fast and it is easy to play around with the dosing as you are apllying 2x ed.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  5. Gold Member
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,378
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne
    So do I understand correctly that this is not testosterone and testosterone base for a test gel is the ideal? Your post above states that it is an effective prohormone to test and it converts to test. My source tells me he has the test base (not a prohormone) for gels I am looking for and he is a good solid source I have used for years.
    I'm confused here: you say you have a solid source you've used for years,
    but you don't know the difference between test and 4AD - and he can't explain it to you???

    Not to be an *******, but:
  6. Registered User
    wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    I'm confused here: you say you have a solid source you've used for years,
    but you don't know the difference between test and 4AD - and he can't explain it to you???

    Not to be an *******, but:
    YOU *******!!!

    1) I am a big fan of test e and eq. It has always worked for me, and I usually run that specifically for LMM, low sides, etc.

    2) My source can explain it to me, I just never asked. He is a good source and I value my privacy so I get my gear from him, I don't spend much time chatting about the weather. I knwo what I want, I know it is legit top notch stuff and I place my order. End of story.
  7. Registered User
    wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    Phlogel & test base = heaven. No need for any other additives IMO. Remember when figuring dosage that 500mg test enanthate is actually only about 350mg test after factoring in the weight of the ester. If you run 175mg ed test base transdermal with 30% absorbtion you get roughly 50mg test ed or 350 ew. Nice thing about the transdermal is it kicks in really fast and it is easy to play around with the dosing as you are apllying 2x ed.
    Right on. My goal in this is 250 EW dose wise. I still respond well to test at that dose and am honestly only using a test base to keep my libido and my sanity. I have learned that cycles without test do not work veyr well for me. This next go round will be my first run with var at a much higher dose and this test trans I am here learning about. Thanks for your reply man, very helpful!
  8. Gold Member
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,378
    Answers
    0

    thanks, wayne - appreciate the answer.
  9. Registered User
    wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    thanks, wayne - appreciate the answer.

    No worries man. I must say, you guys sure are much more helpful than some of the other boards Ihave been on. I have not experienced it myself but seen guys just get trashed for asking some serious questions and I thought we are all here to learn. I do like this board though and think I shall become a supporter. Does that make me an athletic supporter? lol
  10. Registered User
    Mr.Furious26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0

    what's the deal with mag10, is it total crap, or worth the time. i have an extra bottle laying around and was wondering if i should give it another go. thanks in advance.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 4AD in a fina kit
    By Brock Landers in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
  2. 1-test/4ad 4 week results!
    By Super Tri's in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 09:55 AM
  3. 1,4ad question
    By linedrive in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2002, 12:23 PM
  4. Fina and 4AD/Test transdermal
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 07:16 PM
  5. How much 4AD
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in