How much DMSO to add to Androgel?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Would using DMSO as a penetration enhancer for a homebrew TD formula risk increasing the absorption of the various types of alcohols and other nasty chemicals used in the transdermal formula ?

I am referring to basskiller's transdermal recipe, which calls for Iso Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, and other toxic chemicals.

Reason I ask, for awhile I was applying large doses of my TDS, (upwards of 15mL) and noted that I felt a bit like I had some type of cognitive decline, that I would suffer after prolonged periods of applying these large fifteen mL doses.

Also, it is easy to find medical literature that examine cases where individuals suffer toxic exposure and neurological deficits when exposed to large doses of Iso Alcohol for prolonged periods.

Any help would be great !

2. The problem here is you are using Androgel. Androgel is the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard of. 400$ a month for a 1% testosterone smelly gel that is harder to rub in than cream and jacks up your estrogen levels and doesn't end up doing **** for your T levels. Do some research and switch. Not to mention that the Androgel salesgirls are in every doctor's office which is why all the doctors push that product over a 40$ better alternative so hard. They all know that they will eventually put you on shots of cypionate since they don't want to let the cat out of the bag that androgel is 10 times more expensive than something that works far better. To the guy above me, stop thinking about playing chemist and switch.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by living2die View Post
    Would using DMSO as a penetration enhancer for a homebrew TD formula risk increasing the absorption of the various types of alcohols and other nasty chemicals used in the transdermal formula ?

I am referring to basskiller's transdermal recipe, which calls for Iso Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, and other toxic chemicals.

Reason I ask, for awhile I was applying large doses of my TDS, (upwards of 15mL) and noted that I felt a bit like I had some type of cognitive decline, that I would suffer after prolonged periods of applying these large fifteen mL doses.

Also, it is easy to find medical literature that examine cases where individuals suffer toxic exposure and neurological deficits when exposed to large doses of Iso Alcohol for prolonged periods.

Any help would be great !
    Bump for answers.

4. Quote Originally Posted by delariva

Bump for answers.
    Yes. DMSO will enhance penetration of any inpurities you may have on your skin or in your formula.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bomb402 View Post
    The problem here is you are using Androgel. Androgel is the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard of. 400$ a month for a 1% testosterone smelly gel that is harder to rub in than cream and jacks up your estrogen levels and doesn't end up doing **** for your T levels. Do some research and switch. Not to mention that the Androgel salesgirls are in every doctor's office which is why all the doctors push that product over a 40$ better alternative so hard. They all know that they will eventually put you on shots of cypionate since they don't want to let the cat out of the bag that androgel is 10 times more expensive than something that works far better. To the guy above me, stop thinking about playing chemist and switch.
    +1 for making the switch. I can vouch for the estrogen increase from the damn androgel. Shots are the way to go, and seem to work much better, consistant levels. Cheaper too.

6. I found a tesosterone transdermal with both DMSO and d-limonene in it after my doctor stopped writing me my script for Androgel. I wouldn't recommend rubbing it on your nuts though. You don't want to shut down your natural test production.

In my blood work my test levels are stable now above 800 now so I've just stayed on the t-gel. the site took forever to find. google androrxshop if you want a more inexpensive treatment so you can experiment. I've been using their product for a few months now. Good stuff.

But seriously, dont rub it on your nuts the DMSO in it would not feel great on your balls.

7. On the nuts=Great Balls Of Fire! LOL

8. androgel is a nice complement to the shot, just use both...say 4-8 pumps/day of androgel 1.62 plus 100mg/wk cyp insurance should cover both

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
  2. How much will it cost to make my own?
    By NEED2BANABOLIC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
  3. How much time after pct to do another cycle?
    By fightercowboy in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:21 AM
  4. How much muscle can expect to lose after surgery?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 05:41 PM
  5. How much ALA, Milk Thistle to take with UCP-1
    By Gmonkey in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 09:09 PM