Some scientific info on transdermal delivery

1. Some scientific info on transdermal delivery

I was looking for articles on transdermal absorbtion in relation to ultrasound. I came across this PDF file posted on the net, which gives some interesting findings.
    It's a few years old (1997) but there's a lot of interesting reading in there, along with a few pictures!
    transdermal delivery

Here's an interesting one on the effects of heat on transdermal efficiency.
    heat effects on transdermal delivery

This one is a research project on low-frequency ultrasound enhanced transdermal delivery - very interesting indeed - the possibility of home-made equipment may be possible.
    ultrasound research

2. We explored those options on another thread (actually a different forum, too) but the concensus was that the sonic penetration enhancement would not prove practical given the home environment.  I do, however, agree with the thermal method as it is both reasonbly priced technology and effective.  This can simply be an infant bottle warmer ($10 at Walmart) with the transdermal, gel, or lotion in there to illicit the same effects...convenience to boot.  Best if applied after a shower...

3. I guess I got a bit carried away

Apart from my background in physical therapy (which means I have an ultrasound machine) I also have a good background in electronic engineering/servicing, and just thought 'well, a simple 20-50KHz Ultrasound generator would be easy to throw together - an oscillator, transducer, amp and coupler would be no problem.......'
    In my haste, I overlooked the fact that this would not be within the grasp of most people!

Of course, you realise now that I've got to look into this a bit further (me and my big ideas) to see if it would be easy to do - perhaps create a small handheld unit, post the schematics, so that those who have the skills, or friends with skills could whip one up.
    I'll learn to keep my mouth shut one day

Similar Forum Threads

1. need some reviews/info on Powerfull
    By TheHogMonster in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
  2. Some nice info on Psarms!
    By 3clipseGT in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:20 PM
  3. Need some help/info on some 4ad mixture
    By Wishmaster in forum Anabolics