Placing a face on Science Alliance

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.63%

Placing a face on Science Alliance

Last night, MSNBC Reports reported on extacy. More than half of the program dealt with Science Alliance, the Texas-based chemical house than several of the original homebrewers (including myself) ordered from. The owner, Hobart Huson, was interviewed extensively by MSNBC, and this interview included questions as to whether he knew Strike, the mysterious Internet extacy expert that had also written several books on the manufacture of X -- in essence, Strike outlined detailed intructions that explained how to make it.

Three college students, who knew a thing or two about chemistry, decided to set up their own extacy lab a few years ago, and ordered many of the chemicals from SA. They used Strike's books as a template for the manufacturing process. These idiots also videotaped themselves using X and buying the chemicals. This tape was later found during a bust.

MSNBC asked if Huson knew Strike. He said, "No." In fact, Huson said if he ever found Strike, he'd "like to beat him up." Yet they tracked the owner of the publishing company to the same town that SA is in, and the owner of the publishing company (Panda Ink) is a relative of Huson. They asked again if Huson knew Strike. He hesitated and then said, "Yes." He eventually admitted that HE is Strike. The national expert on the manufacture of X was also the owner of SA. He said, "Wow, you guys did your homework."

Indeed, he'd already spent time in prison in the mid-'90s for similar activity, and claimed he was out of the drugmaking loop. He also claimed that SA was a legitimate business that did its best not to sell chemicals to people looking to make drugs (the segment featured many clips of Huson in his chemical warehouse, stocking his shelves, sweeping the floor (!), etc.). He also claimed that his Strike persona was over with. Yet MSNBC found recent posts online that used both his name and Strike.

As we know, Huson was busted again for dealings with X, and MSNBC said the current charges include manufacture of X, racketeering, etc. Huson pleaded not guilty.

In any event, I thought some of you would find this interesting. I still have oleic acid from SA. When I ordered that, three weeks had passed and I never received the package. Suddenly it appeared on my doorstep one day. I was surprised as hell.

Just thought I'd pass along this little tidbit from Homebrew History 101.

Edit: I just discovered this segment first aired in 2001, but it's still interesting to homebrewers.

Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Leave it to teens to ruin it for everyone

But thats an interesting story to say the least, I guess people homebrew for different reasons. Anything and everything involved with recreational drugs will go down with it, its inevitable.

Good post demon.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.63%

Thanks. I know MSNBC reruns these Investigates programs fairly often, so if you ever get the chance to see it, do so. It's really quite fascinating to see this guy being interviewed, knowing he's actually the quasi-legendary Strike (I'm sure people in the X/Meth/etc. community looked up to him like people in bodybuilding look up to the major innovators). Even more intriguing is watching him blatantly lie and then get caught. Throughout the interview, you get the impression that he's otherwise a completely harmless guy.

Of course, the only reason I watched it in the first place was because several of us had dealings with him in the past, albeit for legal purposes...
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

2demon2, interesting stuff. Glad to see you posting, my friend.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.42%

Originally posted by YellowJacket
    Leave it to teens to ruin it for everyone

Not all of us teens are so bad YJ

LG.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Get your GAME FACE ON & SAVE - FREE goodies & MORE!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM
  2. A Place to lift on the jersey shore
    By UNDERTAKER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
  3. bloat face on m-1-t?
    By wojo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 09:31 AM
  4. I got bloat face on m1t too