Aiding absorbtion

1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Aiding absorbtion

Hey I was thinking the other day and I know this has had to cross your mind Chemo and Curt but is there some way to make something like a patch with the transdermal in it.. you know like the Nicotine patches you can buy in the store. For that matter is there anyway we could get our hands on the "vigin" patches before they add any ingredients to them. I had originally got to thinking about this when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and they put a nitroglycerne (spelling) patch on my chest damn now that was a full blown headache in about 7 minutes. Okay I am rambling but any ideas on this subject?

2. Brewing Anabolic Minds
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Originally posted by Matthew D
    Hey I was thinking the other day and I know this has had to cross your mind Chemo and Curt but is there some way to make something like a patch with the transdermal in it.. you know like the Nicotine patches you can buy in the store. For that matter is there anyway we could get our hands on the "vigin" patches before they add any ingredients to them. I had originally got to thinking about this when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and they put a nitroglycerne (spelling) patch on my chest damn now that was a full blown headache in about 7 minutes. Okay I am rambling but any ideas on this subject?
    This has been discussed on other boards but basically the drawback of CURRENT PH patches is the required surface area. There is one on the market already but it is the size of a nicotine patch and has only 25 mg of 4-AD in it...not very potent. To put this is in perspective, one would have to apply a patch the size of a piece of paper. There was a study done that compared different limiting factors in patch adhesive migration and they found that no matter how fast it got to the skin it was still up to the PE's used.

This is a great topic and one that can explored further, refined, and eventually put into use!

Chemo

BTW, credit goes to curt2go for the study --> he dug it up an presented it on the bb.com forum Yeah, I save all the studies...PDF format
  3. Brewing Anabolic Minds
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Forgot the article...

...losing my mind...need Ginko

Chemo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chemo; 10-07-2002 at 12:29 PM.
    •   

4. Homebrew Help, Inc.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also with the patches they use oleyl alcohol as the main pe. And it is way out of the ballpark fro price... WAY OUT....talk to ya...
  5. Brewing Anabolic Minds
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The Olelyl Alcohol is expensive but isn't this what the homebrew movement is all about It started with "Let's make a homebrew" --> then it turned into "Let's make a gel" --> it's only right that we now evolve and "Make a patch"

Let's start this off...need adhesive formulations. I'll try to dig up some vendors so we can get this rolling.

Chemo
  6. Homebrew Help, Inc.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Man you had to make me look bad didnt you.hehehe. I will begin to look as well. Lets see what we can come up with....
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks guys.. sorry I posted this one to the wrong place.. as for searching... give some idea what I can do to help and I will be glad to get on it.
    Matt D

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplement to Aid Absorbtion
    By Beau in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 01:24 AM
  2. better absorbtion methods.
    By decypheredbeats in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 12:30 AM
  3. what is a good sleep-aid?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements