selective saponification - AnabolicMinds.com

selective saponification

1. New Member

selective saponification

hi all,

i've been doing a lot of reading and would like to know if anyone's tried this and whether it works:

SELECTIVE SAPONIFICATION

to testosterone propionate + estradiol benzoate (~10:1 test:est) saturated solution in methanol add in 1:1 molar proportion saturated NaOH solution

let sit for hour - estradiol benzoate will almost completely be saponified by this time, while almost none of the testosterone propionate will be saponified at this time

slowly add water, estradiol salt will wash away, test prop and est benz will crystallise, but now in proportion more like 100:1 rather than 10:1 what we started with

????????????

piotr

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.

This sounds interesting. What product in the store would be pure sodium hydroxide, Borax? What do you mean by 1:1 molar proportion, like 10 grams of hormone to 10 grams of NaOh? I always wondered what was in the kits for converting the syno. Bump for more info.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ttrain74 View Post
    This sounds interesting. What product in the store would be pure sodium hydroxide, Borax? What do you mean by 1:1 molar proportion, like 10 grams of hormone to 10 grams of NaOh? I always wondered what was in the kits for converting the syno. Bump for more info.
    Roebic Heavy-Duty Drain cleaner is 100% lye (sodium hydroxide) available at Lowes.

I hope the following method is ok to list. If it is not mods please delete and I do sincerely apologize.

1:1 is 10/10. The formula recommended by Klaus for 4gr Fina (yes, I know its not Syno, but same principle) saponification would be 4gr NaOH dissolved in 75ml distilled water, then 14ml of this added to 4gr filtered Fina dissolved in 100ml of methanol for one hour, then recrystillize. Chemo used to recommend a 10:1. You will get a lot of TNE with this amount though and lose product. I would go on the low side and re-crystallize a total of 3-4 times.
    •   

4. New Member

thanks...

so what you're suggesting is instead of doing 1:1 molar ratio of (test+est):NaOH for one hour to instead do perhaps 2:1 (test+est):NaOH for an hour a number of times, to minimise the amount of test prop saponification?

also by the way a 1:1 molar ratio of hormone:NaOH is not 1g:1g... they have different molecular weights

piotr
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by piotr View Post
    thanks...

so what you're suggesting is instead of doing 1:1 molar ratio of (test+est):NaOH for one hour to instead do perhaps 2:1 (test+est):NaOH for an hour a number of times, to minimise the amount of test prop saponification?

also by the way a 1:1 molar ratio of hormone:NaOH is not 1g:1g... they have different molecular weights

piotr
    No, maybe I'm stepping on my d**k a little bit with my termilogy. I'll give you the straight quote.

Quoted by Klaus: "For tren ace, add 1.2 mole equivalents (NaOH) of a 1 molar NaOH solution. Mix the solution well and allow it to sit for an hour or two."

"I would recommend getting some good glassware and an accurate gram/milligram scale before doing such conversions. It really does make the process go more smoothly.

--NaOH preparation--
    Accurately weigh 4g of NaOH (pellets) and place them in a 100mL volumetric flask. Add ~75mL of water and allow the pellets to fully dissolve.(Note by Center: I would add the NaOH to the water, not the other way around) Dilute the flask to the 100mL mark and mix the solution well.

--Saponification--
    In a 400mL beaker, dissolve 4g of tren ace in 100mL of methanol. Using a syringe, draw up 14mL of the NaOH solution and squirt it into the tren-methanol solution. Swirl the beaker for a few seconds, and allow it to stand at room temperature for an hour.

--Crystallization--
    Using a syringe, slowly add water to the beaker (while swirling) until the precipitate refuses to redissolve into the solution. At this point, add an additional 3mL of water to the beaker and allow it to stand for an hour. Continue to add 3mL of water every 45 minutes, allowing the solution to stand undisturbed in between the water addition. (This is the longest part of the procedure; it can take many hours).

When a precipitate doesn't form from adding additional water, filter the contents of the beaker through a coffee filter. Rinse the crystals well with water many (~5) times. Allow the crystals to thoroughly dry (~3 days).

I must mention that I have not personally crystallized tren no ester. The MeOH + water method generally works well for steroid hormones, but sometimes oddball substances refuse to play nice. Hopefully, tren no ester is not an oddball substance.

*Note: This procedure is for tren powder. If one is using fina as the starting material, it is necessary to filter out the methyl cellulose binders first before saponification."

End quote. Hope this helps

Similar Forum Threads

1. Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMS)
    By jbryand101b in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:04 PM
  2. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
  3. Selective Androgen Modulators
    By Drachus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
  4. Selective Reduction Of a Dione - Need Help
    By Chem101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0