Tried everything...... help ? - AnabolicMinds.com

Tried everything...... help ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Unhappy Tried everything...... help ?


    So basically im 16 years old, and ive been lifting since i was 13. When i started i was inspired by the big dudes, you know Arnold etc... i started early and i DID make gains.....im 5'11, 165lbs now, and i am in shape, just not massive.
    Now heres the thing. Ive been lifting for almost 4 years, but ive been lifting like as intense as i possibly could for just under 2 years now. i train 5 days a week, got my muscle groups, spacing worked out etc i even have my nutrition more or less perfect. As of right now, i take BSN N.O xplode pre w/o, and Anabolic O.D, post w/o. I take creatine daily, have 2 or 3 protein shakes everyday, and get as much sleep as i can.
    NOW. i realize im only 16, but what im at is more than a plateau. I litterally cant get any bigger. I feel better, and i have fine definition, but you can tell by my stats im not huge. i want to be huge, but im against steroids.
    Im honestly stuck. Is it just me? Like genetics or what? ANYTHING, would be appreciated, ~B

  2. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    You said your nutrition is more or less perfect. Your maint. calories is approx 2500. How many calories are you taking in per day? If it's less than 3000 a day we may have found out why you're not making anymore gains.

    Welcome to the board.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    You said your nutrition is more or less perfect. Your maint. calories is approx 2500. How many calories are you taking in per day? If it's less than 3000 a day we may have found out why you're not making anymore gains.

    Welcome to the board.

    Haha, 'More or less' being key...... i mean i do try to get like 3000-4000 calories a day.... i eat a lot and most of it is good, but i was starting to think it had something to do with age? Or genetics? Do you think thats possible?
    And thank you, looks like ill be having fun.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    *shrugs* I'll leave the developmental answers to someone else. I only pretend to know about food

    I'd imagine that if you stick with what you're doing, switch up routine every few months, and keep eating clean; you will develop most impressively in the coming years.

    Maybe wrasslin116 will find his way to this thread. He's 16 and would probably be a lot more experienced in growth for you youngins.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  5. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Ok sweet, if somebody could direct him here...thattd be good lol but you know what im havin trouble with the profile how can i get a picture up for my user display pic thing?
  6. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    User CP -> Edit Avatar
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  7. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    the first two things i would look at is if you are overtraining or not getting enough calories. What is you bf% at? I think you probably need to eat more....but im guessing.
  8. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    the first two things i would look at is if you are overtraining or not getting enough calories. What is you bf% at? I think you probably need to eat more....but im guessing.
    You know originally thats what i thought too....witht the overtraining thing, but the thing is i do train 5 days a week, and dont get me wrong i hit it super hard, but witht the supplements im taking, or the protein, im not sure, by the end of the day i feel like im ready to go again...
    like i do feel worn after a work out and sore etc but not ever like i cant continue..
  9. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    654

    Reputation

    Change your routine, you may want to adopt a 5 x 5 training 3x week for a little while. I change routines every 6 weeks
  10. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    654

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bossdaddy92 View Post
    You know originally thats what i thought too....witht the overtraining thing, but the thing is i do train 5 days a week, and dont get me wrong i hit it super hard, but witht the supplements im taking, or the protein, im not sure, by the end of the day i feel like im ready to go again...
    like i do feel worn after a work out and sore etc but not ever like i cant continue..
    Your body still needs time to grow. Can you post your routine?
  11. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Change your routine, you may want to adopt a 5 x 5 training 3x week for a little while. I change routines every 6 weeks
    i agree. alot of times that is all that is needed, a new training style.
  12. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Your body still needs time to grow. Can you post your routine?
    Thats true....but my old trainer told me the way you can tell if your muscles are ready to be worked again is if at the beginning of your workout, they feel like they can be. no?
    and yeaa i can :
    Monday: Chest. dumbell bench press 3x8, incline dumbell press 3x8, smith machine decline bench press 3x6, pec flies/peckdeck 3x8, and seated press 3x8
    Tuesday: Arms. Overhead tricep press 3x8, tricep kickbacks 3x8, tricep pulldown 3x8, close grip bench press 3x6. Alternate arm bicep dumbell curl 3x8, concerntration curl 3x6, barbell curls 1x10, standing preacher curls 3x8.
    Wednesday: Back. Pullups 1x10. bent over dumbell row 3x8, one arm row 3x6, lat pulldown 3x8, reverse seated pull 3x8, reverse cable crossovers 3x6.
    Thursday: Legs. Sqauts 3x8, seated leg curl 3x8, hamstring curl 3x8, leg press 3x10, wieghted calf raises 3x10
    Friday: Shoulders: Military press 3x8, standing overhead press 3x6, dumbell horizantal flies 3x8, shoulder shrugs 3x6.

    I do abs on tuesdays and thursdays, sometimes on saturdays. i warm up and cool down with 5 minutes cardio, and i stretch before and after.
  13. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    I posted my routine......any advice come to light from it?
  14. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1041

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Your body still needs time to grow.


    You are only 16. Patience. Give it time.
  15. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    No expert, but you could probably drop half of those exercises. And your old trainer sounds dumb. Just sayin. haha.

    But for chest, pick 2 press movements and throw in some db pullovers and db flies. Tri's, just use the close grip bench and some heavy skull crushers. Maybe add the pulldowns once in a while. Bi's, all you need is some type of standing curl (not preacher), hammer curls, and do some seated db curls on an incline bench. As for back, Id drop both of those movements that include "reverse" in the names. And try not to do arms the day after chest. Once thats done you can hit everything youre doing with a little extra intensity and get in and out of the gym in less time.

    Id also say if you want to grow, make absolute sure that youre getting enough cals EVERY day. If thats 4000, make sure you hit 4000 consistently.
  16. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    jack daniels at 16?
    that certainly isnt helping at all
    SFW and GFH
  17. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Oh, and Id also say drop the NO and anabolic OD and take some food pre and post workout. The NO products are all marketing, and the OD just sounds like something I dont even care to look up before I call a waste of money. Hope Im not sounding like a richard here.
  18. New Member
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    jack daniels at 16?
    that certainly isnt helping at all
    But its soo good!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,987
    Rep Power
    917961

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bossdaddy92 View Post
    Thats true....but my old trainer told me the way you can tell if your muscles are ready to be worked again is if at the beginning of your workout, they feel like they can be. no?
    and yeaa i can :
    Monday: Chest. dumbell bench press 3x8, incline dumbell press 3x8, smith machine decline bench press 3x6, pec flies/peckdeck 3x8, and seated press 3x8
    Tuesday: Arms. Overhead tricep press 3x8, tricep kickbacks 3x8, tricep pulldown 3x8, close grip bench press 3x6. Alternate arm bicep dumbell curl 3x8, concerntration curl 3x6, barbell curls 1x10, standing preacher curls 3x8.
    Wednesday: Back. Pullups 1x10. bent over dumbell row 3x8, one arm row 3x6, lat pulldown 3x8, reverse seated pull 3x8, reverse cable crossovers 3x6.
    Thursday: Legs. Sqauts 3x8, seated leg curl 3x8, hamstring curl 3x8, leg press 3x10, wieghted calf raises 3x10
    Friday: Shoulders: Military press 3x8, standing overhead press 3x6, dumbell horizantal flies 3x8, shoulder shrugs 3x6.

    I do abs on tuesdays and thursdays, sometimes on saturdays. i warm up and cool down with 5 minutes cardio, and i stretch before and after.
    Your trainer is an idiot for having you train your triceps the day after chest and back the day after biceps. Where did he get his certification?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    But its soo good!
    lol it is great... but I would recommend a little more age before one gets into that!! lol but it will put hair on your chest.
    SFW and GFH
  21. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bossdaddy92 View Post
    Thats true....but my old trainer told me the way you can tell if your muscles are ready to be worked again is if at the beginning of your workout, they feel like they can be. no?
    and yeaa i can :
    Monday: Chest. dumbell bench press 3x8, incline dumbell press 3x8, smith machine decline bench press 3x6, pec flies/peckdeck 3x8, and seated press 3x8
    Tuesday: Arms. Overhead tricep press 3x8, tricep kickbacks 3x8, tricep pulldown 3x8, close grip bench press 3x6. Alternate arm bicep dumbell curl 3x8, concerntration curl 3x6, barbell curls 1x10, standing preacher curls 3x8.
    Wednesday: Back. Pullups 1x10. bent over dumbell row 3x8, one arm row 3x6, lat pulldown 3x8, reverse seated pull 3x8, reverse cable crossovers 3x6.
    Thursday: Legs. Sqauts 3x8, seated leg curl 3x8, hamstring curl 3x8, leg press 3x10, wieghted calf raises 3x10
    Friday: Shoulders: Military press 3x8, standing overhead press 3x6, dumbell horizantal flies 3x8, shoulder shrugs 3x6.

    I do abs on tuesdays and thursdays, sometimes on saturdays. i warm up and cool down with 5 minutes cardio, and i stretch before and after.
    i think the problem is three things. 1, you need to include carbs in your post workout shake. if you're an extreme ecto like me, you need carbs and protein pre workout too. 2, i would move workout days to chest, back, shoulders, legs, then arms (which gives arms 2 days to recover). 3, you've got some mass gainers in your routine, but you're missing some. they should be included in any appropriate days, and should be 3x8-4x10:

    back - deadlift - missing
    back - pull ups (wide grip)
    biceps - chin ups - missing
    biceps - barbell curl
    chest - barbell bench press - missing
    legs - squats
    legs - lunges - missing
    shoulders - military press
    triceps - close grip bench
    triceps - dips - missing
    overall - clean and press
    overall - overhead squat

    pullups 1x10 is not challenging you. you need to work out usually with 3-4 sets if mass is your goal. 1x10 is like a warm up and then you stop. i would keep it simple, and use these as your mass gainers (going hard and heavy with these, then adding in any other isolation moves AFTER these have been done. example, i start arm day supersetting chins with dips (weighted), then close grip bench supersetted with barbell curls. then, after i've done my mass gainers with the most weight my rested muscles can handle, i then do isolation work. i bet if you address these issues, you will gain 4 pounds over the next two months. if not, repost and title it "suncloud is a frikken moron".
  22. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Wow. ok great **** guys lol far as my trainers concerned hes my OLD trainer for a reason.... he is an idiot, and hes an ******* too......as for the w/o suggestions that would be really helpfull it it would work...do you think doing less on each group is a good idea? I mean im DEFFINETLY no expert but i figured the more intesely you hit each muscle group on its day, the bigger it would grow....? your probobly right about the supps.....i mean they r expencive, but there has to be SOME that work... any reccomendations??
    lol and as for tha JD yeaa it is bad at 16 i know, but im not an idiot i moderate....and its ussually just for special occasions..... (im kinda attached to it you know..? )
  23. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    yes but alcohol will inhibit muscle growth. What are the macros of your diet?
    SFW and GFH
  24. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i think the problem is three things. 1, you need to include carbs in your post workout shake. if you're an extreme ecto like me, you need carbs and protein pre workout too. 2, i would move workout days to chest, back, shoulders, legs, then arms (which gives arms 2 days to recover). 3, you've got some mass gainers in your routine, but you're missing some. they should be included in any appropriate days, and should be 3x8-4x10:

    back - deadlift - missing
    back - pull ups (wide grip)
    biceps - chin ups - missing
    biceps - barbell curl
    chest - barbell bench press - missing
    legs - squats
    legs - lunges - missing
    shoulders - military press
    triceps - close grip bench
    triceps - dips - missing
    overall - clean and press
    overall - overhead squat

    pullups 1x10 is not challenging you. you need to work out usually with 3-4 sets if mass is your goal. 1x10 is like a warm up and then you stop. i would keep it simple, and use these as your mass gainers (going hard and heavy with these, then adding in any other isolation moves AFTER these have been done. i bet if you address these issues, you will gain 4 pounds over the next two months. if not, repost and title it "suncloud is a frikken moron".

    Haha okayy great yea im gonna try that stuff......dammit i know squats are much needed but i dunno something about them i ****ing HATE em.... lol
    but ill deal - what kindsa things should i put in my shake then? At the moment i got the egg whites the bannanas the strawberries and nonfat milk going.....occasionally with some protien powder.....but again obviously im doiing something wrong....
  25. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    yes but alcohol will inhibit muscle growth. What are the macros of your diet?
    Like significantly? ****t. i like that stuff too..... lol
    but im sorry i dunno what macros are... :0
    again im not amazing at this **** quite yet......
  26. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    what is your diet like and how many carbs/proteins/fats do you consume?
    SFW and GFH
  27. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    i'd add in some oatmeal into the mix if your blender can do a good job of it, if not get some waxy maize (its cheap online). not only do you need to spike insulin after workouts (ONLY), but you have to fuel yourself before you work out (amino's and carbs), or your body scavenges amino acids from your muscles, robbing you of some of your strength. also inarius brought up a good point - stop drinking if you really want to grow. squats are the devil, but you will grow to hate lunges equally. again, try the mass gainer moves out (i forgot to incude the sled for legs as well), and let me know if they worked for you. in addition, if you're not 100% positive you're taking in 3k-4k calories a day, you may be only doing 2800, which may be too low for your age and metabolism. a shake pre and post workout will add in 500 calories easy, which will also help you grow, not only by nature of the added calories, but the timing of those calories, which is equally important. everyone's metabolism is different. when i maxed out my weight at 18 and 148 lbs i was eating like a pig everyday.

    breakfast
    omlette with veggies
    2 pancakes
    2 bacon strips
    2 sausage links
    2 oranges
    4 bowls of cereal

    snack
    2 packets of M&M's

    lunch
    2 double cheeseburgers
    1 reuben

    snack
    1 three muskateers

    dinner
    army entree (whatever the hell it was)
    1 reuben

    post dinner
    1/2 a pizza from domino's.

    granted diet wasn't clean, but if you're plateu'ing, its calories thats holding you back, even if you think you're eating a lot. in addition, i knew nothing about nutrition at that point (holy sodium overload, why 2 meals with veggie), so please god eat healthy. no pizza and make your own burgers.
  28. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    what is your diet like and how many carbs/proteins/fats do you consume?
    Well. I do try my best to do the whole 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, but from work/school etc its sometimes hard ... i do the best i can with protien....got the shakes goin, chicken breasts eggs etc.. but i THINK im getting about 2600 calories a day.
    im not an expert on foods but i do have a budget and all the foods like that sounds costly?
    but i was wondering, to maintain calories....can i just eat like a pig, you know burgers pizza **** etc and then try and turn it to muscle in the gym?
    probobly not huh..... but no idea what my BMI is, got any GOOD supplements that WOULD help in mind?
    and isnt a drink okay every once ina while? or literally not at all.....
  29. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i'd add in some oatmeal into the mix if your blender can do a good job of it, if not get some waxy maize (its cheap online). not only do you need to spike insulin after workouts (ONLY), but you have to fuel yourself before you work out (amino's and carbs), or your body scavenges amino acids from your muscles, robbing you of some of your strength. also inarius brought up a good point - stop drinking if you really want to grow. squats are the devil, but you will grow to hate lunges equally. again, try the mass gainer moves out (i forgot to incude the sled for legs as well), and let me know if they worked for you. in addition, if you're not 100% positive you're taking in 3k-4k calories a day, you may be only doing 2800, which may be too low for your age and metabolism. a shake pre and post workout will add in 500 calories easy, which will also help you grow, not only by nature of the added calories, but the timing of those calories, which is equally important. everyone's metabolism is different. when i maxed out my weight at 18 and 148 lbs i was eating like a pig everyday.

    breakfast
    omlette with veggies
    2 pancakes
    2 bacon strips
    2 sausage links
    2 oranges
    4 bowls of cereal

    snack
    2 packets of M&M's

    lunch
    2 double cheeseburgers
    1 reuben

    snack
    1 three muskateers

    dinner
    army entree (whatever the hell it was)
    1 reuben

    post dinner
    1/2 a pizza from domino's.

    granted diet wasn't clean, but if you're plateu'ing, its calories thats holding you back, even if you think you're eating a lot. in addition, i knew nothing about nutrition at that point (holy sodium overload, why 2 meals with veggie), so please god eat healthy. no pizza and make your own burgers.

    Thats a lot of ****ing food...... lol
    i really do try to eat as much as i can, lol but sometimes im litterally just not hungry! which is why i do the shakes quite a bit..... but is there someway i can put on the nessacery calories easy and fast? without eating junk?
  30. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1041

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bossdaddy92 View Post
    Thats a lot of ****ing food...... lol
    i really do try to eat as much as i can, lol but sometimes im litterally just not hungry! which is why i do the shakes quite a bit..... but is there someway i can put on the nessacery calories easy and fast? without eating junk?

    Nuts and nut butters (peanut, cashew, sesame), sunflower seeds

    A tablespoon of EVOO to your shake will increase fat cals.
  31. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Nuts and nut butters (peanut, cashew, sesame), sunflower seeds

    A tablespoon of EVOO to your shake will increase fat cals.
    mmmmmmm. The sunflower seeds i can do. Unfortunelty im deathly allergic to most other nuts.......
    but whats EVOO? and i thought the fat cals werre the ones you wanted to avoid....?
  32. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    you still need fats... there are good and bad fats...
    stay away from trans fat... I keep Sat. Fat low too.
    SFW and GFH
  33. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    evoo - extra virgin olive oil. fats are bad if they're in the form of trans fat or polyunsaturated fats. monounsaturated fats though are necessary for healthy organ function. they are found in fatty fish (salmon), nuts, olive oil, avacado's. i'm sure i'm missing some other common ones.
  34. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    you still need fats... there are good and bad fats...
    stay away from trans fat... I keep Sat. Fat low too.
    Yeah aiight. So that fats in like the junk food and pizza an **** r bads ones then i presume....

    what about soda? like coke w/e i do drink quite a lot...... inhibiting as well?
  35. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    i'd stay away from soda. sugar is really not your friend here. think about taking in things that are not processed - no premade meals, no pizza, no burgers (since they have too much salt and fat) buy 96% lean and make em, no soda, no trans fat. thats the easiest way i can explain it. preservatives may/may not decrease absorption of protein/vitamins. nobody knows. we all do know that unprocessed food gives us better gains, so there's something going on. if you've got a meat market nearby, buffalo is loaded with protein, and is the same price (ground) as beef. according to USDA, it is illegal to sell buffalo that has not been grain fed, or has added hormones. keep it as close to natural as you can without breaking the bank and you will see better results.
  36. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17438

    Reputation

    how much water do you drink a day?
    Soda will definitely hurt you. Stick to natural foods and drop the soda. Too much sugar and carbonation.
    You should drink atleast a gallon of water a day...
    You are looking for a supp but once you get all these down you won't have a need for a supp for a long time.
    SFW and GFH
  37. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    how much water do you drink a day?
    Soda will definitely hurt you. Stick to natural foods and drop the soda. Too much sugar and carbonation.
    You should drink atleast a gallon of water a day...
    You are looking for a supp but once you get all these down you won't have a need for a supp for a long time.
    Figures.
    wow a gallons alot.....but yeaa that one makes sense.... hmmm so not even like creatine.....NO.....whey etc?
    And buffalo huh.....now thats wierd.... is it good?
  38. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    buffalo tastes like high grade beef. and you get used to the water. i started with 2 liters a day and got up to 4. a little creatine and whey won't hurt. take the whey post workout with carbs, and creatine as directed. if taken post, take it 15-20 min after the whey if your stomach gets upset.
  39. New Member
    bossdaddy92's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    buffalo tastes like high grade beef. and you get used to the water. i started with 2 liters a day and got up to 4. a little creatine and whey won't hurt. take the whey post workout with carbs, and creatine as directed. if taken post, take it 15-20 min after the whey if your stomach gets upset.
    Ok... so you dont think anything pre ?
    and what about like a sugar free red bull? ....makes me feel better anyways....
    but i used to take the creatine like 3 times a day? maybe not completely nessacerry but surely it wouldnt hurt me right?
  40. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3260

    Reputation

    creatine 3x a day won't hurt. sugar free redbull is OK for you, though b-12 by itself is so much cheaper. just try your best to stay away from as much processed junk as you can. you've got a lot of information in this thread, from a lot of senior members in this forum, so i'd give this whole thing a reread, and try this all out and see how much you can gain. again, if you adjust all these things everyone has mentioned, i don't see why you won't put on 20 lbs this year. and please god, don't start smoking, as that is what kept me from a lot of my gains one year ago.
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in