Doggcrap question - AnabolicMinds.com

Doggcrap question

  1. Senior Member
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1796

    Reputation

    Doggcrap question


    Hello all. I am considering starting DC training on monday and after looking and researching, i have a question. For instance, here is the setup, per instructions...

    a)
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Back thickness


    b)
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads


    Three lifts are picked for each bodypart, and each training day you do ONE of the lifts in either rest-pause, or strait set fashion.
    That means after warm-ups, you do ONE lift per body-part for a total of 5 sets per workout.

    For instance, monday is set up like this...

    MONDAY:
    Hammer Bench Press x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause (help)
    Military Press in Rack x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Skull Crushers x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Wide Grip Pull-Down x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Bent Row x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause

    With the above on monday, Does this mean, u will do a set of hammer presses for 8reps, then stop....rest for 15secs and then pump out as many reps as you can? Then rest for 15secs, and repeat till.....till when?

    Is the other option just to do straight sets. Like do 1x8reps,....rest for 2 minutes, then another set....rest 2 mins...then another set.....for a total of 5 sets?

    What is the best way and am i even looking at this correctly?
    Also, if this is done in rest pause fashion, wouldn't you complete your workout fairly fast.
    (althought im sure u would be very tired and spent)

    Thanks for the help. I really wanna try this type of training.

  2. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Hello all. I am considering starting DC training on monday and after looking and researching, i have a question. For instance, here is the setup, per instructions...

    a)
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Back thickness


    b)
    biceps
    forearms
    calves
    hams
    quads


    Three lifts are picked for each bodypart, and each training day you do ONE of the lifts in either rest-pause, or strait set fashion.
    That means after warm-ups, you do ONE lift per body-part for a total of 5 sets per workout.

    For instance, monday is set up like this...

    MONDAY:
    Hammer Bench Press x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause (help)
    Military Press in Rack x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Skull Crushers x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Wide Grip Pull-Down x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause
    Bent Row x 1 set 8/15 Rest-Pause

    With the above on monday, Does this mean, u will do a set of hammer presses for 8reps, then stop....rest for 15secs and then pump out as many reps as you can? Then rest for 15secs, and repeat till.....till when?

    What you will do is this, (and keep in mind the first few rotations through, will be a matter of figuring out the correct working weights) Pick a weight you can get 6-8 reps for to failure(assuming 11-15rp range). Warm up, then begin your rest pause set. Go untill you know for a fact you wont get the next rep up, and come down nice and slow, take 15 DEEP breaths, go again to failure/till you know you wont get another rep,15 deep breaths, then one final set. It will look something like this usually, 8-4-2. A rest pause set consists of 3 mini sets. It is always advisable to end on a negative when possible.


    Is the other option just to do straight sets. Like do 1x8reps,....rest for 2 minutes, then another set....rest 2 mins...then another set.....for a total of 5 sets?

    It isn't an option.. You Rest pause certain muscle groups(chest, tri, shoulder, back width, bi, ham) and Straight set others(Forearm, calf, quad, back thickness) You never do anything with 5 sets. I am not sure where you read that.

    What is the best way and am i even looking at this correctly?
    Also, if this is done in rest pause fashion, wouldn't you complete your workout fairly fast.
    (althought im sure u would be very tired and spent)

    Workouts are def shorter, due to less volume, but don't forget warming up, and stretching take up time. You will be spent, that is forsure.. Sometimes you will have to wait a few min before moving on to the next exercise.


    Thanks for the help. I really wanna try this type of training.

    Ask away. With this program, you def. want to make sure your doing it correctly, before doing it.. I see people say it didn't work for them, but 90% of the time they are doing some bastardized version, they call DC. Do it how it is laid out, don't over analyze, focus on constant progression, intensity, and listening to your body.

    HTH.
  3. Senior Member
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1796

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Ask away. With this program, you def. want to make sure your doing it correctly, before doing it.. I see people say it didn't work for them, but 90% of the time they are doing some bastardized version, they call DC. Do it how it is laid out, don't over analyze, focus on constant progression, intensity, and listening to your body.

    HTH.
    thanks alot man. I am still up at 1am and still reading different forums and googling as much as i can about DC training. Thanks for answering my questions on DC

    Honestly, im just trying to find a routine that is either...looking mainly for strength and mass. Got anything for me?

    a)fullbody (been doing this for almost a year, and looking to switchup a little....but would try something different if i could find something i like)

    b)upper/lower split
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    thanks alot man. I am still up at 1am and still reading different forums and googling as much as i can about DC training. Thanks for answering my questions on DC

    Honestly, im just trying to find a routine that is either...looking mainly for strength and mass. Got anything for me?

    a)fullbody (been doing this for almost a year, and looking to switchup a little....but would try something different if i could find something i like)

    b)upper/lower split
    Honestly, i can't see myself straying from DC.. It is so versatile, and can be changed up enough, that i don't see a reason to. It will really take 1-2 blasts, to get comfortable with it.

    I recommend it. Just do your homework on it, and if your going to do it do it 100% to a T..

    Just be 100% sure what you read is correct, because allot of the sites out there are outdated, or take his thoughts/principles out of context.

    You may want to invest in buying the DC Dvd even.
  5. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10786

    Reputation

    best routine i've ever done.
  6. Senior Member
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1796

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Honestly, i can't see myself straying from DC.. It is so versatile, and can be changed up enough, that i don't see a reason to. It will really take 1-2 blasts, to get comfortable with it.

    I recommend it. Just do your homework on it, and if your going to do it do it 100% to a T..

    Just be 100% sure what you read is correct, because allot of the sites out there are outdated, or take his thoughts/principles out of context.

    You may want to invest in buying the DC Dvd even.
    imprez. you wouldnt have some type of template or excel sheet would you? Or anything that i could use to get up to speed a little quicker?

    I know i had found a excel spreadsheet of all of waterbury's routines which was very neat, because it was all in one spot with everything you needed.

    thanks
  7. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    18665

    Reputation


    I don't have the sheet nemore but I have articles that dc wrote and I have cycles for pennies saved(the original thread that started the steamboat going)...I can upload it. also, I have a routine recommended by dc himself.
  8. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    18665

    Reputation

    oh and there is a 3 day program that lets u break down the leg day that he talked about, say u wanted legs by themselves.
  9. New Member
    Trapark666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    171

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    oh and there is a 3 day program that lets u break down the leg day that he talked about, say u wanted legs by themselves.
    I tweaked DC's program around so I could just do legs by themselves. I didn't know he had modified his routine. I would be interested to read that if you could post it or pm me with it.
  10. Registered User
    wrkn4bigrmusles's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    708
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    the DVD by jason wojo is fact filled and very informative, then yo should head to intensemuscle.com and read everything in the dogg pound that has to do with DC to include the extreme stretching.
  11. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapark666 View Post
    I tweaked DC's program around so I could just do legs by themselves. I didn't know he had modified his routine. I would be interested to read that if you could post it or pm me with it.
    The 3 way split is recommended for ADVANCED trainees, the regular 2way split(m/w/f) is what MOST people should be doing.

    Here is the 3way split(m,tue,thur,fri)
    a)
    biceps
    forearms
    back width
    back thickness
    b)
    Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    c)
    Calves
    Hams
    Quads
  12. New Member
    Trapark666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    171

    Reputation

    [QUOTE=imprezivr6;1412969]The 3 way split is recommended for ADVANCED trainees, the regular 2way split(m/w/f) is what MOST people should be doing.

    I've had success doing the 2 day split on M/Tu/Th/F but you have to be carefull because it is an easy way to overtrain. If I stalled on reps or weight, I would back it down to three days a week. My favorite part was the amount of time in the gym was almost cut in half.
  13. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Rep Power
    18665

    Reputation

    yeah I can pm it when I get home but as stated, the 3 way is for long term users. I've done 4 phases of 8 weeks...now on my 5thphase...all over a 2yr period so I'd be cautious using it for starters..


    EDIT: I mean the m/w/f split, as dc mentioned, was more for long term lifters. He recommended the mon/tue OFF thur/friday split for others.
  14. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapark666 View Post

    I've had success doing the 2 day split on M/Tu/Th/F but you have to be carefull because it is an easy way to overtrain. If I stalled on reps or weight, I would back it down to three days a week. My favorite part was the amount of time in the gym was almost cut in half.
    So you did the typical 2way split:
    Chest/delt/tri/back width/thickness
    Bi/fore/calf/ham/quad

    4 days a week?

    That would be too much for me, and probally most people with average recovery. My blasts would last a week..lol
  15. New Member
    Trapark666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    171

    Reputation

    Wink


    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    So you did the typical 2way split:
    Chest/delt/tri/back width/thickness
    Bi/fore/calf/ham/quad

    4 days a week?

    That would be too much for me, and probally most people with average recovery. My blasts would last a week..lol
    I would only do it for a month or so depending on how the gains kept coming. I am a binge and purge lifter so I would also only do it after I had taken some time off, that magic time when muscle memory is helping out. Back when M1T was around, I would do if for the entire cycle and the gains were better than I had ever got out of a cycle before. I miss those days.
  16. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136023

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapark666 View Post
    I would only do it for a month or so depending on how the gains kept coming. I am a binge and purge lifter so I would also only do it after I had taken some time off, that magic time when muscle memory is helping out. Back when M1T was around, I would do if for the entire cycle and the gains were better than I had ever got out of a cycle before. I miss those days.
    Ya, when ur "on" is a different story, indeed.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Eating on Doggcrap
    By abnxtwo in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
  4. is doggcrap coming out with a book?
    By ps24eva in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 03:54 AM
  5. DoggCrap Cycle Question?
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in