Simple but AWESOME ab routing/exercises

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Thought i would share

Last week i was playing around with some different things and did a short ab workout that has proven to be one of best ab sessions i've done in years. My abs are pretty strong and in shape at the moment so the level of DOMS i experienced is nowhere near usual.

The workout was done on Thursday and I'm still sore today. And not just sore in a portion of my abs but the whole package from top to bottom. And I mean TOP...all the way to my pec...i really had no idea my abs extended that far.

Now this training session is only for the advanced as the standing WOD is very hard and doing a lot of it without being in shape will make you feel like you've torn an ab in the following days.

Here is the workout and video
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/58778-kabuki-s-video-30.html#post1405734

Standing WOD x 3 sets to failure (i did 7,7,5)
Super Stretch Situps - done upside down on GHR and stretching very deep on each one (head perpindicular to floor for me x16)
GHR ab Super Stretch to finish
if you don't feeling like following the link here is the video of what i'm talking about
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0VYQrKwF8g"]YouTube - wheel o death[/ame]

That is all. 4 sets and 1 stretch. Its a good soreness but i can really tell I worked my abs hard from top to bottom. The two very lower abs were not targeted quite as much as the rest.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Hmm looks like a good quick ab workout, but I don't have one of the wheels, and I haven't seen one at my gym either :S I know they're pretty cheap to pick up though.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Hmm looks like a good quick ab workout, but I don't have one of the wheels, and I haven't seen one at my gym either :S I know they're pretty cheap to pick up though.
mine is a lawm mower wheel i picked up at HD.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
mine is a lawm mower wheel i picked up at HD.
Those look intense chasing WOD with a roman chair. Making even more of your own effective workout equipment, awesome.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Those look intense chasing WOD with a roman chair. Making even more of your own effective workout equipment, awesome.
thats what they are called. i forgot.

speaking of my own workout equipment...check out my new baby. last few pieces are drying after painting as I write this. will get its first run on Friday.

Sunday Build - MMI Power Training

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
thats what they are called. i forgot.

speaking of my own workout equipment...check out my new baby. last few pieces are drying after painting as I write this. will get its first run on Friday.

Sunday Build - MMI Power Training
Dude, that thing looks all sorts of impressive, esp. the personal touch. What do the neighbors think? Basketball goal, grill, contraption of death thought up during the spanish inquisition?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Dude, that thing looks all sorts of impressive, esp. the personal touch. What do the neighbors think? Basketball goal, grill, contraption of death thought up during the spanish inquisition?
It was pretty funny. Our first workout they were having a patio sale across the street. Here we are in perfect view of these ladies hanging out on there deck. And were yelling at the bar, grunting, lifting ect. They just sat in there chairs and watched.

My wife says we look like a bunch of dorks.

Our last workout we did the morning of July 4th. Lots of early morning yelling :) w/2 people hitting a 755 squat, one hitting a raw 665, and 3 guys working up to 500. Good times

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Anabolics 4
P Training Forum 1
musclemaker Company Promotions 6
mixedup Anabolics 94
PatWheeler Anabolics 2