No left trap

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Hey guys. Just looking for some opinions on this. I have been training since I was in high school and after about a year of training , I noticed that I could flex my right trap but not my left. I forgot about it when I quit working out but then 2 years ago I got serious about working out again. Since then I have only done shrugs on my left side with db. but not the right at all. I still to this day have not had any development on my left trap. Nothing. Nada. I cant even flex it. I noticed a while ago that I can push my right shoulder blade out but not my left one. I also noticed that I have a list (lean more on one side) which has given my midsection a crooked appearance. I think these things all are related. Thinking deeper on it, if I cant pinch my left shoulder blade in when doing bench Im not getting as much work on my left peck as my right. I didnt think it was that big a deal but I had a picture taken of me recently and you can really see that there is some asymmetry going on. Anybody heard of something like this? or know what Im talking about? Im thinking I may just have to cut out bb bench altogether until this problem is fixed and just do db bench. I know I should go see a chiropracter but I dont have the money. So what do you guys think?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Here is a picture taken a couple weeks ago that shows the twistedness of my midsection and the asymmetry of my pecs.

Attachments

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
I say go to a chiro....there a lot more things to worry about than muscle. You can have a distorted spine, scoliosis or herniated disks. I say get checked out....better safe than sorry.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
yeah i really want to go see a chiro. I just dont have that kind of money. Maybe I can find a cheap one around here. Ive thought I may have scoliosis but I got that checked out by my family doctor when I was 18. But he doesnt specialize in that kinda stuff so he could be wrong. Thanks for the response

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
ever try single handed shrugs... i do them on the smith machine... helped bring my traps out more evenly.... by the way ur avy is too crazy, she moves at the perfect speed..lol

EDIT: my girl wants a pair of fakes, but i donooooo, im still on the fence about it

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Does your back or hips hurt when you deadlift or squat? ( assuming you do either) H ave you ever hurt either of your knees or legs, that it required a cast or for you to stay off it longer than 2 weeks?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
ever try single handed shrugs... i do them on the smith machine... helped bring my traps out more evenly.... by the way ur avy is too crazy, she moves at the perfect speed..lol

EDIT: my girl wants a pair of fakes, but i donooooo, im still on the fence about it
Yeah Ive been doing single handed shrugs just on the left side for years to try and get my left trap to catch up but have had 0 growth.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Does your back or hips hurt when you deadlift or squat? ( assuming you do either) H ave you ever hurt either of your knees or legs, that it required a cast or for you to stay off it longer than 2 weeks?
My hips do hurt pretty much most of the time. Not too bad but just uncomfortable. Ive done some research and from what Ive found I have "popping hip flexor". Its when your hip flexors rub together when doing like decline sit ups, raises, deep squats. I still do these exercises but try to do lighter weight and focus on form as to not exacerbate it. I always stretch out my hip flexors before I use them in an exercise too. That seems to help. If I stretch long enough. I have 0 popping. My back doesnt hurt at all during deadlifts/squats. My knees are fine and have never have had a cast.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
what about standing infront of the bar and shrugging with that bar at ur butt? and besides ur traps dont look too uneven in ur pic, maybe its just genetics.... my shoulders are kinda uneven.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
well I cant even flex my left trap at all. and I can flex my right trap no prob.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
try working on ur lower/mid traps instead of upper traps..cable row machine as well as the Hammer Strength low row machine

look at the Trapezius list for lower/mid on the right colum
ExRx.net Exercise & Muscle Directory

hope this helps!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks man! Yeah Ive been doing high bentover rows above my nipple. That seems to be bringing out the lower traps. Ill find a back shot I took recently.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
dang yo.... im not an expert or anything, but i dono.. it might be ur just having trouble isolating ur muscle....like i cant flex my back..lol? or mabey a neurological disorder... take alot of vitamen b? i dono though... ill keep my eyes open for ya!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
thanks man. Yeah Ive thought maybe I just dont isolate it as well I think. Yes I do take a lot of vit b why?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Heres one I took a month ago.

Attachments

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
(Vitamin B..just for my fyi)....u might wana look into seeing a neroligist... i know thats kinda extreme but fu*k it!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
(Vitamin B..just for my fyi)....u might wana look into seeing a neroligist... i know thats kinda extreme but fu*k it!
why? How is it related?

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
well from the little research ive done, it is a problem of u not being able to isolate/contract ur muscle... or a neurological reason, since ur having trouble controling ur muscle... since uv worked on ur lower mid traps then thats not the problem.. the only other thing i can think of is stretching... and i kinda assumed u have tried different stretches for this?.. and if u have.. then that is the only other thing i can think of...

how long have u worked at stretching/isolating that muscle group?

and p.s... im not a professional... just trying to help with the research ive done

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
WTF STRETCHING!! Why didnt I think of that! I havent tried stretching it. How do you stretch traps anyway tho? Ill have to google that ish. I really noticed it around 2-3 years ago and I have done left side only db shugs about once a week since. I havent been doing them for about 2 months now tho because it doesnt seem like its doing any good. 2 years of shrugs should have done something right?

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
haha...but ya checkout upper trap stretches..lol...and ur traps definatly stand out... they look big on ur body type with out a doubt..(not being gay)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
That is interesting tho. My gramps has done studies in Neurology. Maybe Ill talk to him about this and see what he thinks.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
ya.. well ask him and see what he thinks incase those stretches do no good
I edited my post above... well good luck yo

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
haha...but ya checkout upper trap stretches..lol...and ur traps definatly stand out... they look big on ur body type with out a doubt..(not being gay)
haha Wow thanks bro! I really appreciate that! And really thanks for all the help! You too Genetic79!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
lol..You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to metroba again.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Damn my avis got some nice abs!

Her pecs are nice too :D

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
:sad: hahah im still a horny motherf*CKER, just dont have a libido!! it weird going around thinking dirty thoughts and being able to continue walking without getting pumped... i use to not be able to walk behind my girl without having to sit down for a 5 min break...lol..ur avi will help to notify me when my levels are back!!

EDIT: ur title should be LIBIDO CHECK!! haha

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
:sad: hahah im still a horny motherf*CKER, just dont have a libido!! it weird going around thinking dirty thoughts and being able to continue walking without getting pumped... i use to not be able to walk behind my girl without having to sit down for a 5 min break...lol..ur avi will help to notify me when my levels are back!!

EDIT: ur title should be LIBIDO CHECK!! haha
haha yeah. My avis have always been an indicator of where my libido is.

as for the "Libido Check" thats genius and Im changing it right now.