programs that work for you?

NTDiesel

NTDiesel

Awards
I'm interested in what programs worked for you to gain size,strength, and helped cut your body, I've been lifting for 2 years , and have always followed my own programs and they worked very well, but i want to try out some routines out there and see how they work, i have always used split-routines usually 4-6 days on 1-3 off,

thanks

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you can incline bench press more weight than squat or deadlift?
thats impressive! or a typo ;)

Medic

Medic

Awards
I tried doggcrap once and stopped within the week, hated it

UD2.0 surely works for getting to 8% or lower bodyfat however

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i trained for at least 2 years, and got nowhere. I started westside barbell mid last year and my maxes have shot thru the roof. since last october i havent hit a plateau and consistently gain 10lbs on every lift every week. i really suggest giving westside a try....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I tried doggcrap once and stopped within the week, hated it
I hear that from time to time.. It seems like the people who tried it for less then a month, and quit, usually are not even doing it right anyway, or don't have the intensity it takes to progress with DC.

NTDiesel

NTDiesel

Awards
i trained for at least 2 years, and got nowhere. I started westside barbell mid last year and my maxes have shot thru the roof. since last october i havent hit a plateau and consistently gain 10lbs on every lift every week. i really suggest giving westside a try....
I heard westside works very well im thinking i might try it out

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I have felt different principles work better for different things and different lifts. I have also found that certain things work better to a certain point. I did one thing to get to a 500lb deadlift, and another to get to 600, now i am working on trying to get to 700 and i am not sure what is going to get me their.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it works very well NT. tons of info and good beginner programs. good luck....

Medic

Medic

Awards
I hear that from time to time.. It seems like the people who tried it for less then a month, and quit, usually are not even doing it right anyway, or don't have the intensity it takes to progress with DC.
Just not for me, I've been injured before and I just feel like that type of routine makes me more prone to re-injuring myself

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just not for me, I've been injured before and I just feel like that type of routine makes me more prone to re-injuring myself
I understand. If injury is a big factor, then increasing your RP range does wonders. I understand the worry of injury with working in the lower rep RP ranges(11-15) but that is not written in stone..

I personally, especially when dieting, increase my rep ranges into the 20-25RP range on some exercises as to stave off injury.

Medic

Medic

Awards
I understand. If injury is a big factor, then increasing your RP range does wonders. I understand the worry of injury with working in the lower rep RP ranges(11-15) but that is not written in stone..

I personally, especially when dieting, increase my rep ranges into the 20-25RP range on some exercises as to stave off injury.
Agreed, 8-12 reps are my favorite rep range with heavy weight. Nothing killer though, the last thing I want to do is have my arm in a sling for 6 months again.

I prefer 15-20 while dieting myself

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
where can i get more information on westside barbell training?
sounds promising and I'd like to try it

NTDiesel

NTDiesel

Awards
I was just checking on that, is that you doing hack squats? how much you lifting?
that's incline press 460lbs on there , also i see that are many different routines of west side what are some examples?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am currently using a Westside Template and i love it. Some others on the board also swear by it. I am going to add some repetition method work into the normal Max Effort/Dynamic Effort work. It is all based off of proven numbers. Buy a log book, a small calculator and some jump-stretch bands, maybe some chucks and some nose torque and your ready!

Do yourself a favor and read everything posted in this thread...
Anabolicminds.com Westside Training Articles Database

You can also find some excellent training templates here, WR total proven:
Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log

best of luck!

NTDiesel

NTDiesel

Awards
i am currently using a Westside Template and i love it. Some others on the board also swear by it. I am going to add some repetition method work into the normal Max Effort/Dynamic Effort work. It is all based off of proven numbers. Buy a log book, a small calculator and some jump-stretch bands, maybe some chucks and some nose torque and your ready!

Do yourself a favor and read everything posted in this thread...
Anabolicminds.com Westside Training Articles Database

You can also find some excellent training templates here, WR total proven:
Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log

best of luck!
wow, thanks for all the information helped out a lot

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
let us know how it all works out for you or if you have any questions

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna be honest here.

The past 3 months Ive made some incredible gains and its due to stepping up my volume (more days per week, hitting muscles more times.)

Perhaps my intensity wasn't up to par before, but thats what boosted my gains.

Work harder and youll achieve more

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im gonna be honest here.

The past 3 months Ive made some incredible gains and its due to stepping up my volume (more days per week, hitting muscles more times.)

Perhaps my intensity wasn't up to par before, but thats what boosted my gains.

Work harder and youll achieve more
Great addition to this topic. Intensity is something that a lot of people take for granted. "How bad do you want it?"... :aargh:
thanks