changeing routine while on cycle, need opinions

metacat

Awards
Hi, I'm 32 years old, 176lbs, and about 15 to 17% body fat. I've been on a bulking phase for awhile now and gaining about 1.5 lbs a week.
I plan on starting my first pro-hormone or pro-steroid cycle soon, not sure wich one yet. Nor-Aderm or maybe One+ I haven't decided yet.
My present routine is:
Monday: chest/biceps/abs
Tuesday: legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: shoulders/triceps
Friday: back/abs

I thought I would switch to this next routine so every body part would get worked three times every two weeks.

New routine:
Monday: back/chest/biceps/abs
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: legs/shouders/triceps/abs
Thursday: off
Friday: same as monday

On the following Monday I would rotate and start with Wednesday's routine . I would also do only two excersises per body part and try to keep these workouts to 1 1/2 hours.

Does this sound like a good idea or should stick with my 1st routine?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well you are on a cycle, but that doesnt make you superman. If I were anyone on a PH or AAS cycle, I would give GVT a try. Its awesome for pure mass. Theres a sticky on it in this section if you're interested. Otherwise, you can probably get away with training each muscle twice a week, minus legs, chest and back. These are big muscle groups and need adequate time to recover.

metacat

Awards
Thanks YellowJacket, I will read up on GVT.

On the last routine I mentioned it would only be every other week that certain body parts would get worked twice per week. And the volume would be smaller.
For example on wednesday I would do:
Squats, leg curls, calve raises for legs
DB presses, upright rows, bentover lateral raised for shoulders
Close grip bench press and press downs for ticeps
and then abs.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thats a long day in the gym, try to get in and out in 60 minutes or less. I say work 2 body parts a day....each body part high intensity, heavy once a week.....but thats me, different things work different for each person, you have to find what works for you.

metacat

Awards
Ok thanks, I will do some more reading on routines and make a decision maybe I will stick with what I am already doing.

MySoulFindsRest

Awards
I train my whole body in two sessions like you have mentioned. My split is a push/pull routine.
Workout A-Chest, shoulders, tris, quads, calves
Workout B-Back, traps, hams, bis, abs
4 sets per bodypart of one exersise. All compound movements. Usually 2 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off. But all depending on how I feel. No sets to failure. I've had the most success with this style of training.

metacat

Awards
"I train my whole body in two sessions like you have mentioned. My split is a push/pull routine. "
How long have you been doing this type of routine and what kind of gains have you gotten from it?
I have been wanting to go to that type of roitine for a while now but just haven't gotten aroung to change mine up yet.
I have been doing the first routine I listed for a long time now.

metacat

Awards
Thanks guys. I did find the sticky here and read throught some of it but not all of it yet.

MySoulFindsRest

Awards

How long have you been doing this type of routine and what kind of gains have you gotten from it?
I have been wanting to go to that type of roitine for a while now but just haven't gotten aroung to change mine up yet.
I have been doing the first routine I listed for a long time now.
I've been using this only about 4 months or so, have gained 30 pounds about(15 of which from androgens, some fat of course as well.) With the routine I posted, you'll have to change up some sets depending on the bodypart, or take an extra day off here and there. I workout based on how I "feel", if I don't feel recovered, I'll take an extra day, it's not really a set schedule.

EDIT: Actually, I've been using it almost 6 months. I didn't realize how far back the summer was. Time is really flying....

metacat

Awards
If i change my routine to the last one i mentioned the break down (excersises, sets, reps) would probably look something like this.

Monday:
Back:
Deadlifts 10,8, 3x6
Wide grip chinups 3 sets to failure
Bentover BB rows 10,8,6

Chest:
Incline DB press 10,8,6
Flat DB press, rotated with decline press 10,8,6

Bis:
E-Z bar culrs 3x8
Preacher curls 3x8
Abs

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday
Legs:
Squats 10,8, 2x6
Leg culrs 3x8

Shoulders:
DB shoulder presses 10,8,6
Upright rows 10,8,6
Bent over lateral raises 3x8

Tris:
Close grip bench 10,8,6
Press downs rotated with skull cruchers 3x8

Standing calve raised 12,10,8
Abs

Thursday: rest

Friday: same as Monday

Sat & Sun. rest, then on the following Monday I would start with Wednesday's routine.

DarCSA

Awards
Thanks for the thoughts bros. I am thinking of doing GVT when I do my cycle in March for max gains. I want what I want and I know how I like it.