Will this work?

  1. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0

    Will this work?


    Ok, so I have been lifting for about 2 years, and about 4 months hardcore and with a clean diet. I'm seeing good gains.. My question is, I work my chest, shoulders, and back on the same day. It's working good for me, but will I have better results if I split those up? I can only lift on 4 consecutive days, my work out looks like this;

    Monday-Bi's/Tri's/Legs/Abs

    Tuesday-Shoulders/Chest/Back

    Wednesday-Bi's/Tri's/Legs/Abs

    Thursday-Shoulders/Chest/Back

    Friday-Cardio

    Saturday-Off

    Sunday-Cardio

    I work out in the A.M. input would be appricated!

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    You will be working your triceps and biceps 4x/wk. Very bad routine.

    Try this:
    Chest/Back
    Legs
    Cardio
    Arms/Delts
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0


    No I'm doing my tri's and bi's 2 time a week, same with my chest, shoulders and back
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    No I'm doing my tri's and bi's 2 time a week, same with my chest, shoulders and back
    Triceps are involved in chest and shoulders and biceps are involved in back.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0


    Sorry bro, I wrote that wrong I just revised it.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    Sorry bro, I wrote that wrong I just revised it.
    Still the same thing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    eggplant21's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0


    Rodja's routine looks good. Your overworking everything, especially bis and tris. They are secondary movers in in the days you are not working them specifically (i.e. when you perform a bench press you do not only use your pectorals, but your triceps as well). Also it would probably be a good idea to put rest days between your workouts. I would go:

    Mon: Chest/biceps
    Tue: Back
    Wed: Rest
    Thur: Legs
    Fri: Shoulders/tris
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Rest
  8. Registered User
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    285
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    Ok, so I have been lifting for about 2 years, and about 4 months hardcore and with a clean diet. I'm seeing good gains.. My question is, I work my chest, shoulders, and back on the same day. It's working good for me, but will I have better results if I split those up? I can only lift on 4 consecutive days, my work out looks like this;

    Monday-Bi's/Tri's/Legs/Abs

    Tuesday-Shoulders/Chest/Back

    Wednesday-Bi's/Tri's/Legs/Abs

    Thursday-Shoulders/Chest/Back

    Friday-Cardio

    Saturday-Off

    Sunday-Cardio

    I work out in the A.M. input would be appricated!



    You could try more of a total body workout 3x a week, and I feel that back and legs only need one day a week.
  9. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0


    Hey thanks guys
  10. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0


    Does this look a little better:
    Chest/Shoulder/Tris
    Bis/Back/Legs/Abs
    Rest
    Chest/Shoulder/Tris
    Bis/Back/Legs/Abs
  11. Registered User
    Hard Knox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    285
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    Does this look a little better:
    Chest/Shoulder/Tris
    Bis/Back/Legs/Abs
    Rest
    Chest/Shoulder/Tris
    Bis/Back/Legs/Abs

    Not bad. I like bis and tris on the same day though, arms seem to grow better that way (more PUMP)
  12. Registered User
    mathis50262's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Knox View Post
    Not bad. I like bis and tris on the same day though, arms seem to grow better that way (more PUMP)

    Honestly so do I, but I'm just trying to get this dialed in so I dont have anything set in stone yet.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Work 12hrs a Day! When Do I Work Out?
    By TonyBSRT in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
  2. does hst work (hyp specfic training) work??
    By Trapstar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
  3. Work, Work, Work, Now Advice
    By NYsOnly519 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
  4. If IGF doesnt work, will GH work?
    By FullyBuilt in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in