Cable pulldown variation

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
I thought someone might find this beneficial. I started using a headstrap combined with two handles to create extra resistance in my upper abs. Placing the majority of the weight on the neck exercises all muscle from the neck to the lower ab. The increased length in the moment arm (distance from the load to my center of rotation) really steps up the intensity, I usually do the whole stack with ease, this addition brings back the challenge. Here is a couple of pics....

Attachments

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I thought someone might find this beneficial. I started using a headstrap combined with two handles to create extra resistance in my upper abs. Placing the majority of the weight on the neck exercises all muscle from the neck to the lower ab. The increased length in the moment arm (distance from the load to my center of rotation) really steps up the intensity, I usually do the whole stack with ease, this addition brings back the challenge. Here is a couple of pics....
Bro please be careful! Don't let that weight stack jerk your neck!

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Let me clarify, cause I think you are assuming undue risk.

The point of this is to bring the neck into play, along with the abs. The safety here is that I have 2 handles in addition to the head strap connected to the machine so I am not bearing the full weight on my neck, only a percentage. The majority of the weight is carried through my shoulders, just like in a traditional cable crunch. Really the head strap prevents you from cheating the crunch up with your shoulders or roundinig out your back, which is far more risker than this exercise, and secondarily it works the trap, and neck. Thanks