Bodybuilding Science

ABA4life

Awards
I read this article in the May 2008 Muscular Development..."3 Seconds Up, 3 Seconds Down: Slower Movement for Greater Growth Hormone and Free Testosterone Responses."
The article discusses how slower movement and shorter rest periods (60 seconds) increase GH and testosterone while providing muscles with greater tension, ultimately resulting in hypertrophy.
I adopted this workout regime over the last 3 weeks and though I've had to lower the weight immensely, I am seeing size gains.
Does anybody else follow these similar guidlines??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the TUT principle...nothing new or ground-breaking.

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
TUT btw. The "science" to bodybuilding is to lift some heavy azz weights and eat. . . . but seriously there are a TON of studies showing varying results for a TON of bodybuilding techniques/routines/concepts, i beleive the trick is to find what works and if it stops working try somthing else

Rob Awesome

Awards
The means I understood the TUT Principle was that by sufficiently evoking a Muscular Force (ie via a full concentric & eccentric motion) you're providing the ability to microscopically tear myofibril... thus the whole hypertrophy theory comes into play with the protein metabolism and the satellite cells, etc, etc, etc... What I thought was cool was I just read that in some Type IIx fibers - they've found that some muscle cells in myofibril are splitting, but remain one cell - no hyperplasia... yet still allows for more crossbridge formation which is cool to better yet provide more ability for greater muscle force.