Read this and thank me Later :)

O

Oswizle

Awards
Jay Edit:Editing the link until I get clarification on my question below

its an actual Players Manual from an NFL team...and their experts pretty much lay out everything when it comes to getting in shape....u might be surpised on what they have to say.........:goodpost:

M

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for a crappy uninformed read. Whoever wrote that needs to be fired. His facts on nutrition are quite off and he needs to do more research. I bet if the Texans get a better S&C manual theyd win more games.

O

Oswizle

Awards
Thanks for a crappy uninformed read. Whoever wrote that needs to be fired. His facts on nutrition are quite off and he needs to do more research. I bet if the Texans get a better S&C manual theyd win more games.
thats pretty funny dude...a bean pole like u would diss something like that....are u upset..beacause the franchise spends millions of dollars on players and what wants best for there investment?? Should they be pumping down a thousand pills a day to look as buff and athletic as u? Be real...face the facts...to be insane shape....to be an optimal athlete...u dont need all the hocus pocus...To everyone is their own.....but I doubt any owner in the NFL isnt giving their team the best advice for long term interests...but u must know alot more being on waterboy status :toofunny:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
thats pretty funny dude...a bean pole like u would diss something like that....are u upset..beacause the franchise spends millions of dollars on players and what wants best for there investment?? Should they be pumping down a thousand pills a day to look as buff and athletic as u? Be real...face the facts...to be insane shape....to be an optimal athlete...u dont need all the hocus pocus...To everyone is their own.....but I doubt any owner in the NFL isnt giving their team the best advice for long term interests...but u must know alot more being on waterboy status :toofunny:
Jay edit: Slow down the insults

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was this 'found' and isn't supposed to be distributed or is this free and open to the public? That'll decide whether or not that pdf and stay on this site.

O

Oswizle

Awards
Was this 'found' and isn't supposed to be distributed or is this free and open to the public? That'll decide whether or not that pdf and stay on this site.
Jayhawkk its on their website and avaliable to the public...their the only NFL team that did it...its on the TEXANS.COM in the fitness/Fan Section :)

Fitness Corner - Houston Texans

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goes to show you how behind most RD's are when it comes to sports supplementation and diet. 15%kcals from protein and protein/AA supplements are a waste???

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool, I was looking for anything about copyrights or reproduction etc in the meantime... Just looked at the .pdf link and assumed it was uploaded to the forum lol.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno about behind the times because there are many ways that people can get to the finish line, I suppose. Seems they are taking the long healthy road approach with min. stress on the body through increased intake of certain foods.

I'm going to read it all but what i've read so far seems legit in their goal of lifelong health. I would tend to agree that AS are a waste for most people and in today's society, if you're truely looking out for the player and not the product, they are right in their assumption. imho as usual.

O

Oswizle

Awards
Goes to show you how behind most RD's are when it comes to sports supplementation and diet. 15%kcals from protein and protein/AA supplements are a waste???

I was thinking the same thing...but it theres no way these guys are forking out Multi-Million Dollar contracts...and not want whats best for the players...I'm sure if their was any edge to gain by any mean possible without violating the leagues substance program..they'd put it out there....Andre Johnson is a top WR in the NFL..he's a beast....he's been doing the program...so it cant be that bunk bro

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking the same thing...but it theres no way these guys are forking out Multi-Million Dollar contracts...and not want whats best for the players...I'm sure if their was any edge to gain by any mean possible without violating the leagues substance program..they'd put it out there....Andre Johnson is a top WR in the NFL..he's a beast....he's been doing the program...so it cant be that bunk bro
Chad Johnson claims to eat McDonalds 3x/day, so I wouldnt put too much merit into an elite athlete's diet.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take into account this training program is for athletes of a particular sport and not your average person training just to train

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I read through that manual when it was first posted. Sorry, but just because the coaches hold a particular point of view on supplements and training doesn't mean the athletes aren't buying whatever the hell they feel like.

Try telling a player whose role as 1st string starter depends on him dropping weight that it's ok to just load up on carb rich powdered milk instead of a lean whey to save a few bucks. We all know how hard it is for starting NFL players to afford creatine on their 6 figure minimum salaries. :)

M

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
How bout if I told you I havent taken a single supp, including protein powder, in several months? I dont care for them much, and I know I dont "need" them. But to say that a top level athlete couldnt benefit from any of them, or that there is no science to back any of them up is absurd. Of course they dont do everything the labels claim, but the way they wrote the nutrition section, they seem like they dont even know that "MET-Rx" is more then one product. Makes em sound ignorant. I know they arent... Just not up to date, in my opinion. Thats my opinion based on the opinions of highly educated and qualified strength coaches and dietitians, so dont ask who the hell am I.

I would assume they almost have to say something like they do about supplementation to keep from the team being liable (or implied liability) if a player pops for something banned that is in an OTC supp. And I wont be naive enough to think any NFL owner is really against legal supps because they are that concerned with the future health of the players.

But maybe thats why Im stuck in bean pole water boy status. Maybe I should inject some cell tech in my quad and get "big". But I dont know what my bean pole-ishness has to do with anything. Look at the incredibly massive displays of human perfection that wrote that S&C manual:

Id try coming up with other insults that dont have to do with my bean pole physique if youre trying to hurt my feelings. I am sensitive, but I get more than enough compliments from very attractive women that negate anything that you might have against the way I look. Maybe you can try making fun of my grammar, but then you dont really have any room to talk there either. Did you even attempt to proof read what you typed in that post? The fact that it came out of your head that way in the first place is sad enough. I wont claim to be perfect by any stretch, but maybe if youre a big enough dude you can go beat up all of the teachers you ever had, because they did you a great disservice.

Anybody thirsty? I have some water...