Hst Help - AnabolicMinds.com

Hst Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.

Hst Help

Most everyone talks about doing deadlifts in their HST routines, and most do them after squats in their orders of excercises performed. Are we talking about stiff-legged deadlifts for the hams or are we talking about a$$ down deadlifts? And if its a$$ down, should I be alternating those BETWEEN squat sessions (say Mon and Fri squats, Wed-deads???) or doing them regularly after squats (just seems a little redundant, but thats why Im asking).

Ive been lifting for 20 years, but Im starting my first ever HST cycle on Monday. (Im SDing right now). I appreciate anyone taking the time for any input/advice!

~M

2. New Member

Do your Squats and Deads on Opposite workouts as you proposed.

The SLDL can be done following the Squat or Dead, just be careful of the lower back.

Good luck
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelKies View Post
    Most everyone talks about doing deadlifts in their HST routines, and most do them after squats in their orders of exercises performed. Are we talking about stiff-legged deadlifts for the hams or are we talking about a$$ down deadlifts? And if its a$$ down, should I be alternating those BETWEEN squat sessions (say Mon and Fri squats, Wed-deads???) or doing them regularly after squats (just seems a little redundant, but thats why I'm asking).

Ive been lifting for 20 years, but I'm starting my first ever HST cycle on Monday. (I'm SDing right now). I appreciate anyone taking the time for any input/advice!

~M
    i would not do both on the same day. is this your ST HST routine. if so may i suggest keeping it simple and just choosing one or the other to commit to your routine? and might i also suggest making that one squats, just because of the fuller range of motion?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

also check out the links that celc5 left on this thread.....good stuff if you need more info....H.S.T. question
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.

Thanks to both of you for the input, and I did check out Celc5's threads...thanks for that! I think that it makes more sense to just do squats for now with SLDL for the hams. Most people doing HST say KEEP IT SIMPLE, so thats what Im going to try!
  6. New Member

Just watch out for your knees getting sore towards then end of the 5's. Squatting heavy three times a weeks can be rough on them sometimes.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelKies View Post
    Most everyone talks about doing deadlifts in their HST routines, and most do them after squats in their orders of excercises performed. Are we talking about stiff-legged deadlifts for the hams or are we talking about a$$ down deadlifts? And if its a$$ down, should I be alternating those BETWEEN squat sessions (say Mon and Fri squats, Wed-deads???) or doing them regularly after squats (just seems a little redundant, but thats why Im asking).

Ive been lifting for 20 years, but Im starting my first ever HST cycle on Monday. (Im SDing right now). I appreciate anyone taking the time for any input/advice!

~M
    I have been researching HST for about a month now and I have yet to see a routine recommended by either Bryan Haycock or Lyle McDonald that includes regular deadlifts (actually disappointing because I like them so much). Every routine or article I have read uses stiff-legged deads for the hams.
    I wonder if a set of deads could replace the trap work?
  •