Help me grow a chest!!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
SO i am on a quest to help build up my pectorals. they are much smaller than all my other muscles on my upper body. I do bench, inline, decline, pec deck flys, DB flys, DBincline, DB decline, DB flat and still cant seem to get them to grow. I have tried all different WO's.

i have lately been doing military style lifting. i take 5 seconds to lower the bar and 3 to raise it. I also vary it up by taking 5 seconds down and exploding up. all my lifts are pretty high for my weight and i make sure i use as close to perfect form as i can get...yet i am still seeing almost no growth on the upper pectoral. please help me :-D

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Whats your volume and average chest day workout look like??

I decided that I wasn't happy with my chest and wanted more fullness in my pecs so I abandoned my normal chest routine and set up something different. It took a lot for me to accept the change but I've seen some amazing results in the last month and half. In fact, a guy at the gym that I hadnt seen in a few weeks asked me if I was on something because my chest was much bigger and chiseled than before.

First thing I did was to abandon the flat barbell bench press (due to a previous thread discussion in this forum!!). Here is what my chest day looks like and has worked very well for me...I'd appreciate some feedback from other members as well so I can perfect this workout!

Warm Up: 3 sets of 20 flat DB Press @ 60 lbs

Working Sets
DB Press
15 reps @ 80lbs
12 reps @ 90lbs
10 reps @ 100lbs (2 sets)
Drop Set 100, 80, 60, 50 (each to failure)

Incline DB Press
12 reps @ 75lbs
10 reps @ 80lbs
8 reps @ 90 lbs (2 sets)

Cable Crossover
4 sets of 10 reps @ 90lbs

Incline DB Flyes
4 sets of 8 reps @ 55, 60lbs

I also alternate the DB Flyes with DB Pullovers when I feel like a change.

I then burnout with weighted bench dips and/or push ups to failure.

This workout has done wonders for my chest. I focus on the movement rather than the weight pushed and am getting amazing DOMS that I haven't had in a long time! Anyway, I hope you can get something from my workout and best of luck on building that monster chest!!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Whats your volume and average chest day workout look like??

I decided that I wasn't happy with my chest and wanted more fullness in my pecs so I abandoned my normal chest routine and set up something different. It took a lot for me to accept the change but I've seen some amazing results in the last month and half. In fact, a guy at the gym that I hadnt seen in a few weeks asked me if I was on something because my chest was much bigger and chiseled than before.

First thing I did was to abandon the flat barbell bench press (due to a previous thread discussion in this forum!!). Here is what my chest day looks like and has worked very well for me...I'd appreciate some feedback from other members as well so I can perfect this workout!

Warm Up: 3 sets of 20 flat DB Press @ 60 lbs

Working Sets
DB Press
15 reps @ 80lbs
12 reps @ 90lbs
10 reps @ 100lbs (2 sets)
Drop Set 100, 80, 60, 50 (each to failure)

Incline DB Press
12 reps @ 75lbs
10 reps @ 80lbs
8 reps @ 90 lbs (2 sets)

Cable Crossover
4 sets of 10 reps @ 90lbs

Incline DB Flyes
4 sets of 8 reps @ 55, 60lbs

I also alternate the DB Flyes with DB Pullovers when I feel like a change.

I then burnout with weighted bench dips and/or push ups to failure.

This workout has done wonders for my chest. I focus on the movement rather than the weight pushed and am getting amazing DOMS that I haven't had in a long time! Anyway, I hope you can get something from my workout and best of luck on building that monster chest!!

I agree with dumbells over barbell as of late.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I agree with dumbells over barbell as of late.
well i will give it a try. the thing is that i already do DB's and BB's. and all ther excersises you mentioned. but i will deff give that a try since it is just strictly using DB's. thansk for the help. i appreciate anything i can get

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Ah the chest, the one thing that refuses to grow on me. Based on public eye I have a small chest on barbell and a bigger chest on dumbell. So all I can recommend is do dumbell and lift those heavy weights. My gym wont get anything higher than 120's so right now I am screwed in dumbells, I got yelled at for taping weights onto them :(

How long are you sticking to these routines? Dips have heard to be a mass gainer to if your shoulder/elbows can handle it.

thewrx

Awards
I would say alternate between a heavy routine one day and a high rep routine another, while keeping roughly the same total volume of weight. That is what has worked for me.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I would say alternate between a heavy routine one day and a high rep routine another, while keeping roughly the same total volume of weight. That is what has worked for me.
try chest dips. Although I havent been doing them, I think they put great emphasis on the chest. Once you get used to the movement after a week....add some weight, and do weighted dips. Im going to start doing that.

Also, remember it is the angle. Straight up and down on the dip bar works tri's.....if you stick your feet out in front of your and angle your body, u will hit more chest.