killer Hamstrings

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
What exercises do you do for your hamstring? I normally just do deadlifts, and ghr. Mark

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Walking lunges, reverse lunges, SL deads, lying curls (unilateral and bilateral)

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I F^CKING love GHR's...I do romanian DL's and Hammy curls a lot though.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
leg press with just you heels, maybe 4incehes worth or so on the top of the platform. It will feel like a short range of motion casue it kind of is...but by oh man. I do those and the next day mine are killin me.

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
Sweet. I do lunges all the time, I thought they where mostly for quads. I am crazy about the GHR for some reason. THanks guys for the post. Mark

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet. I do lunges all the time, I thought they where mostly for quads. I am crazy about the GHR for some reason. THanks guys for the post. Mark
The stance and distance between each step impact the emphasis of the lift.

BifWebster

Awards
leg press with just you heels, maybe 4incehes worth or so on the top of the platform. It will feel like a short range of motion casue it kind of is...but by oh man. I do those and the next day mine are killin me.
Thats a really good one, i think DC popularized that.
If you wanna switch it up with SLDLs try either using all 25 lb plates or standing on some kinda of block or plates when doing it it'll increase the range of motion, i always feel them a lot more with the increased range of motion.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Thats a really good one, i think DC popularized that.
If you wanna switch it up with SLDLs try either using all 25 lb plates or standing on some kinda of block or plates when doing it it'll increase the range of motion, i always feel them a lot more with the increased range of motion.
1. I had never known where that cam efrom, just gave it a shot one day, in my head it made sense.

2. I am with you on the 25lb plates too or high in the air.

bryan4592

Awards
Deadlifts and RDL's, of course. I also like GoodMornings. Just make sure you don't go too heavy that you can get the full ROM. Glute Hams kick asss too.

thewrx

Awards
Good Mornings, Dead lifts, ham tractor, squats (done right), single leg presses; all worked for me.