HIIT....is it okay to lengthen the intervals?
- 03-18-2008, 02:23 AM
- 03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
There are tons of variations on HIIT. Some take intervals up to 1min and have a longer rest, but I prefer shorter intervals. This allows me o really ramp up the intensity of those intervals which is what I'm aiming for when i do HIIT training.
I personally do 30s/60s rest for 10 intervals but I've enjoyed 45s/90s rests as well, as well as experimented with many others.
- 03-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I have tried both 45 seconds rest then 30 seconds sprint or 45 sprint with 90 rest and both work well. However I recently started using my Heart Rate monitor while doing HIIT and found it to be a great tool. Instead of basing solely on time I go by where my heart rate is.
03-18-2008, 10:41 AM
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm also all hopped up on stims when I do it, its the only way I can motivate myself
03-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By MakaveliThaDon in forum Weight LossReplies: 30Last Post: 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
- By mircle in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 03-30-2009, 05:03 PM
- By jbono731 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 10-30-2007, 08:52 PM
- By Highlanda01602 in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:32 AM
- By Changing in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 07-22-2005, 01:44 PM