So my buddy has dumbells from 5-55 and will give me half

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
He doesn't really want them now and says I can take anything I want. I don't have a lot of room so I'll take various ones. I also have a 45lb bar and 250lb of weight for it.

Has: 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55

Which ones would you go for?

I'm thinking

I can always hold the 5+10 in one hand to give me 15 for various shoulder raises, etc. Also if I want something like 40s, I'll just take the 35 and hold a 5lb with it or tie a free weight 5lb to it.....haha, old skool!

Sorry -- just a random thread I'm throwing out here :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

no need for the 10lbs unless you're going to do scrotum curls.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established

no need for the 10lbs unless you're going to do scrotum curls.
lol - have you been reading my training log again??

I was just thinking lighter weight for various front and side shoulder raises...maybe some higher rep random stuff. But actually you are right. I can't remember the last time I really picked up anything less than 25. I guess I could always just hold an olympic style freeweight in my hand for that instead of needing dumbell.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

I was just thinking lighter weight for various front and side shoulder raises...maybe some higher rep random stuff. But actually you are right. I can't remember the last time I really picked up anything less than 25. I guess I could always just hold an olympic style freeweight in my hand for that instead of needing dumbell.
Solid

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

My Oly plates have 'handles' on them, so laterals can be done with just plates. Plus you get the weird 'offset' handle effect.

Also some 2.5's could be duct taped to your 10's if you needed to.

Chains may also be an option. I use chains on carabiners to 'microload' my barbell, but you could easily have 30-50#'s of chain cut to small lengths (6-8") that are a consistent weight that you could use as well. Store them in a bucket.