Outer calves

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what excercise or variations will hit the outer calves the best? I think they are lagging and would like to focus on them.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
toes pointed in work the outer calf and standing raises with lower reps work the outer calves best. I answered my own question, what a dumbas5

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha isaw that and waslike WTF? haha i would say the same and as of recent i just started to try that too.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
reverse calf raises hit the musle on the front of your shins.(since were talking calves)i read about a wo that victor martinez likes to do and i do too now(im somewhat obsessed with big calves and forearms.)its like 21's for biceps.do 7 reps toes pointed in,then immediately do 7 out, then 7 straight.it's a quick way to hit all areas.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
reverse calf raises hit the musle on the front of your shins.(since were talking calves)i read about a wo that victor martinez likes to do and i do too now(im somewhat obsessed with big calves and forearms.)its like 21's for biceps.do 7 reps toes pointed in,then immediately do 7 out, then 7 straight.it's a quick way to hit all areas.
thanks for the tip. i was doing 10 reps middle top, 10 reps bottom to middle, 10 reps top to bottom, but doing that with toes pointed in, out, and str8 sounds even better.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hit the outer calves with toes in on the standing raises to failure then i go straight into toes out and continue, this feels great. Outer calves are getting more attention now and are really coming up. Thank my dad for my great leg genetics!

tl77

Awards
"The secret to targeting the different areas of the calf muscle is to angle the pressure by rolling over on your big toe (inversion) or rolling over on your little toes (eversion). You should be angling the soles of your feet. Targeting has everything to do with form and technique, not rotating the knees. At least with angling you can actually take advantage of a movement that occurs in the ankle. Rolling over on the big toe will stress the lateral head more, while rolling over on the smaller toes will direct more of the resistance to the
medial head. Roll and angle the pressure. Don’t turn and
twist."

read this the other day and thought it might help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 18
Supplements 25
Training Forum 6
Training Forum 16
freefall365 Training Forum 42