Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi

Ive got a messed up left elbow
Its has gone on way too long, like two years of serious pain. Now Im rehabbing it by icing it every night, Taking Aspirin every 4-6 hours, none before training, as aspirin masks the pain, and choosing exercises that cause zero and I mean zero joint pain. and doing the exercises slow and controlled.

Id like to hear your success stories and how you healed your injury

testolius

Awards
am in pretty much the same boat. Pain does not bother me as much as not being able to do certain movements (pullups - which is pretty much how I hurt it in the first place).

Went to a pretty good ortho this wk and he said in my case (medial epicondylitis) the pain was not from flexing elbow, but from flexing the wrist. Suggested keeping a neutral wrist on all pulling movements (ie rows). I am ordering a set of those hook/wriststrap things so I can completely remove all stress from my hands/wrist. (Still no pullups allowed tho)

No way to do curls as even holding hands/wrists neutral stresses flexor tendons. May try using one of those carpal tunnel braces to see if it helps...don't really care that much anyway as I am pretty much in the 'curls are for frat boys' camp

good luck man - it is hard staying with it when it doesn't heal after a long time

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya. I'm wearing an elbow brace and wrist wraps , when needed.

I'm not able to do a few exercises I wanted to. Preacher curls, Reverse preacher.

What has helped me so far is
1. Chooising and exercise that cause no pain
2.doing the exercise slow and controlled
3. Icing at night
4. Aspirin