Tricep Development?

  1. Exclamation Tricep Development?


    Ok guys. There are lots of great pointers on bicep training but with tricep making up 2/3 of the arm mass, anyone care to share their tricep workouts? My tricep simply kill my overall physique!

    Any tricep shockers and wokouts be greatly aprpeciated.

    I switch things up with high reps, sometimes low strict reps..
    Done it all including heavy close grips, cable pull downs, over head dumbell extensions, weighted dips! Just nothing works again to build my triceps into horse shoes! UGH!


  2. no offense...but really, how many threads on triceps training are out here....
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  3. heavy incline skullcrushers, one arm reverse cable pressdowns, close grip bench = helluva tricep workout
    •   
       

  4. Thumbs up


    OK OK! Will do the search.. I usually ALWAYS search.. a bit of a newcomer here.

  5. 1. parallel dips

    2. incline or flat bench skulls

    3. straight bar tri. ext's

    4. close grip DROP SET

    i put on 5 10's each side and do 10 reps= 1 sets
    strip a 10 each side (4 10's for you meatheads)= 2 sets

    strip 10's down til its just the bar (it feels like 200 lbs) and do as many reps as possible

    so thats 6 sets of close grip wit no break, DONT CHEAT and ur arms will b huuuuurtin

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jammer4 View Post
    1. parallel dips

    2. incline or flat bench skulls

    3. straight bar tri. ext's

    4. close grip DROP SET

    i put on 5 10's each side and do 10 reps= 1 sets
    strip a 10 each side (4 10's for you meatheads)= 2 sets

    strip 10's down til its just the bar (it feels like 200 lbs) and do as many reps as possible

    so thats 6 sets of close grip wit no break, DONT CHEAT and ur arms will b huuuuurtin
    Why do a burn-out on CG? This creates more overload on the muscle than any other lift and, IMO, should be the foundation of triceps work. My triceps routine is:
    CG BP
    Flat or Decline Lying Extensions
    Pressdowns

    If you want to do a drop set, then the pressdowns are ideal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. i do chest/triceps the same day, i shoulda wrote that in

  8. heavy *******s work good too

  9. love a heavy pull down with the straight bar on the cables...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AppliedBaby View Post
    love a heavy pull down with the straight bar on the cables...
    Nice quads on avatar



    1.Paralel weighted dips
    2.Narrow 1/3 benchpress(upper 1/3 part lifting)

    Check this out
    YouTube - Marin Vlahovic , triceps workout, 90 kg

  11. Quote Originally Posted by sr71A View Post
    Ok guys. There are lots of great pointers on bicep training but with tricep making up 2/3 of the arm mass, anyone care to share their tricep workouts? My tricep simply kill my overall physique!

    Any tricep shockers and wokouts be greatly aprpeciated.

    I switch things up with high reps, sometimes low strict reps..
    Done it all including heavy close grips, cable pull downs, over head dumbell extensions, weighted dips! Just nothing works again to build my triceps into horse shoes! UGH!
    Triple set push downs with increasing weight.

  12. CG Bench Press
    Floor Press
    Rack *******s
    Skull Crusher/ Nose Breakers
    Dips
    Pressdowns
    Push Ups

    Those are all the ones I do. I mostly train for strength, but triceps are my strongest bodypart, beside quads.

  13. FB Skull Crushers 4 x 10
    Rope Press Down 4 x 10 clean and extend the ropes at bottom
    Dips 4 x failure
    Hammer strength Press down for Mass 4 failure

    They will feel like they are going to explode when done

  14. most people have well developed triceps - the problem is the back part of the horseshoe i'm guessing (since that's most people's lagging area). to target that, i don't know the term (methinks blasters), but will call it a "W" bar, since thats what it resembles. use the tricep pull down machine, attach the "W" bar, grab the outer parts ( \ and / ) with an underhand grip, and pick a weight that works for you. you should feel it real quick.

    my routine
    dips 3x10 unweighted
    blasters 4x10 80 lbs
    skullcrushers 4x10 95 lbs (overhand grip)
    tricep rope pushdown 1x?? 80 lbs till failure

  15. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    to target that, i don't know the term, but will call it a "W" bar, since thats what it resembles. use the tricep pull down machine, attach the "W" bar, grab the outer parts ( \ and / ) with an underhand grip, and pick a weight that works for you. you should feel it real quick.
    I agree, the "curling bar" attached to an upper pulley works well. Lighter weight done very strictly get wonderful contractions.

    I also swear by 1 arm db 45 degree extensions laying flat on a bench.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  16. skull crushers are great
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best Overall Chest Development Excercise
    By pjorstad in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 03:26 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:03 AM
  3. Tricep size help!
    By Bean in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 12:44 PM
  4. Levrone torn tricep
    By JBlaze in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 04:44 AM
  5. Anyone else here use 28 x 1/2" on your triceps
    By drveejay11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Log in
Log in